What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy

21020 TF for £60 cash - double bubble!

21006 WH & 21022 LM for £90 cash - that'll do!

10240 Red 5 (built & dismantled without box) for £125 cash - break even

On 2/9/2017 at 5:55 PM, randrace said:

Thanks for posting this. I had no plans on selling on Bricklink. Using Bricksync, I went from no Brickowl account to having a fully stocked store in an hour. Very cool!

How? Downloaded the software and cant figure it out. where do I find my stores API info?

16 minutes ago, cory730 said:

8x BTTF Dimensions. $17 each. 

3x Dr. Who Dimensions $18 each

Amazon FBA

Do you have any idea why people would buy stuff on Amazon that is way more expensive than it is on eBay? Why don't people just buy stuff off of eBay? There are so many sellers selling it for much cheaper. I don't get it. That's awesome for you though. Keep making that cheddar!

Edited by legodelorean

9 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Do  do you have any idea why people would buy stuff on Amazon this is way more expensive than it is on eBay? Why don't people just buy stuff off of eBay? There are Keep making that cheddar!so many sellers selling it for much cheaper. I don't get it. That's awesome for you though. Keep making that cheddar!

Many people suck at buying things online. Many people who just turned 18 (or 21) and got their first credit card have no idea.

Or many people don't want to take the time to shop around, and they want two-day shipping. They just buy everything via Prime.

6 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Do  do you have any idea why people would buy stuff on Amazon this is way more expensive than it is on eBay? Why don't people just buy stuff off of eBay? There are Keep making that cheddar!so many sellers selling it for much cheaper. I don't get it. That's awesome for you though. Keep making that cheddar!

General perception.  Ebay started as a garage sale and added retailers and credibility, but many still view it as a used item site.  Amazon started as a new product retailer and added 3P sellers while maintaining a HIGH level of quality control.  Also, Amazon has listings that are streamlined like a retailer leaving a consumer without many options (studies have proven people buy more with less choices), while an Ebay search without narrow parameters yields a lot of things that must be individually examined and takes a lot more work/time.  The list continues, but these are the basics as I perceive them.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I bought 7 of them when they were $7.49 each and sold them all during the holiday season for between $40-$55 each and then found 2 more just sitting at a LEGO store in January for $3.49 each. Sold them both for $52.99 each.

Yeah, I sold both mine in that same range over the holidays.  For some reason the Chima mat is still in my basement...

chima.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

EBay ISD 75055 $350 + shipping

I had listed it awhile back berfore Roque 1 came out at $200+ shipping. Deciding to hold on to it I raised it to $275 right after the movies release. Well, the other day I raised it again to $350 + shipping just to hold. Maybe should of put it at $400.

I was just checking 75055 on FBA to see the price and lowest fba is $288 so $350 on ebay is crazy.

Just now, Lordoflego said:

I don't call my buyers stupid for overpaying, but....maybe this belongs in an eBay fruitcake thread: today I sold Lego Architecture studio 21050 for $250 + $12 shipping.  

Just wait for it...

12 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Just got the "We're investigating a payment reversal" email from PP. 

• Like 2