What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Such a drama queen, it's not that hard. Wasn't rocket science at the end of last year to invest in Jurrasic World, Scooby, Wall-E, Trevi Fountain for example.

Hope I didn't offend you by calling you a drama queen, I'd call you a smartarse, but I know how offensive that can be :thumbsu:

Calling a wimp a smartarsed drama queen is offensive but, not to me! I've only ever been offended by actions, not words, unless it's directed at somebody close to me.

I made a killing on JW RE but, left IR and the others alone. I do have a lot of Mystery Machines that will be sold as soon as I make 2x after fees and P&P. JW RE was hard to gauge and I only got lucky when I saw them half price, I'd have left them otherwise.

If lived where you are, I'd be TabbyPaddy ;-)

BTW... I'm a very proud Taff.

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I didn't buy any set during LEGO's recent 50% off sale.

Am I out of the game? 99% yes!

You are not interested in buying 2-3 sets at once because your account were already banned in the past so you are already flagged. You dont want to expose yourself again into such situation again, besides of that Lego is cancelling all orders with maximum allowed quantity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Such a drama queen, it's not that hard. Wasn't rocket science at the end of last year to invest in Jurrasic World, Scooby, Wall-E, Trevi Fountain for example.

Hope I didn't offend you by calling you a drama queen, I'd call you a smartarse, but I know how offensive that can be :thumbsu:

That's true.......IF you were able to get any of these sets at a discount. I never saw any of these sets on clearance. Didn't make sense to me to buy at regular retail price.

Scooby Mansion is one of the few sets you could have bought at RRP and feel comfortable about turning a profit. JW seems to have peaked for now and Trevi is only appreciating slowly so those would be  dodgy investments at full price.

The main issue is that all these CITY/NINJAGO sets reduced by 50% or more on Amazon.es are price matches and the shops that want rid of them can´t sell them at those prices either!

Misfortune and Display jets are going to stick around for a good while so there will be chances to get them reduced again without tying up space and capital.

Playing the long term game doesn´t work with fire or police stations as the remake comes immediately after retirement and then the new one gets discounted from the get go too, so you are stuck with them (unless you find a lucky window when it is sold out or someone needs one desperately just before xmas).

I have never seen so much oversupply in shops after xmas and many of them are now receiving their post xmas orders so they need space. Buyers are happy to wait for a better price as the can see there is a glut. Classic deflation.

23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I have never seen so much oversupply in shops after xmas and many of them are now receiving their post xmas orders so they need space. Buyers are happy to wait for a better price as the can see there is a glut. Classic deflation.

It’s not deflation.  It’s demand destruction, or at least lower demand stimulation.  2014 and 2015 had a huge demand uplift not least because of the Lego Movie and the Lego is better than Gold press.  2016 didn’t have that, it also didn’t have any major IP creating sales.  The laziness with the DS remake and the AOH fiasco hurt, the clone bricks started to have a bigger impact and there was the major culling of lines/themes and sets.  

Product simply didn’t move, hence the retailer discounting. And now with everyone wanting instant double on RRP 5 days after retirement and it not happening they’re unloading to a market that is already supressed.  The market and prices will be supressed until demand is stimulated again. 

• Like 1

Sold a wall-e for £60 with buy in of £20 and eBay FVF for £1 so all in cleared £35. Have another 9 waiting in the wings for holiday season. This was to just test the market and surprised that it went so quickly so hopefully it bodes well for the future

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Sold a wall-e for £60 with buy in of £20 and eBay FVF for £1 so all in cleared £35. Have another 9 waiting in the wings for holiday season. This was to just test the market and surprised that it went so quickly so hopefully it bodes well for the future

Same buy-in for me but I accidentally sold one on Gumtree for £40. Fulfilled the sale as it was my oversight.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, LahH001 said:

I listed 5 of mine at 2x buy-in to test the market and they all went surprisingly quickly and all overseas. I've since been selling them for £55 cash locally which is just over 2x average buy-in. I'll keep 100 or so for the long haul. This could be the first non-exclusive IDEAS set to reach £100 since that hideous grey Delorean. 

I listed 5 of mine at 2x buy-in to test the market and they all went surprisingly quickly and all overseas. I've since been selling them for £55 cash locally which is just over 2x average buy-in. I'll keep 100 or so for the long haul. This could be the first non-exclusive IDEAS set to reach £100 since that hideous grey Delorean. 

Lego maze has done that already, I sold a few for £99 each a few weeks back, but others have sold for more.

My sales over the last few weeks to a month. All on BL, buyers paid shipping. Buy in values after tax.

Please keep in mind that a lot of my business is QFing under retail, hence you won't see many x4 margins here.

Bionicle Ekimu x2 $15.98 ($4.10 BI)

Cupcake stall 30396 x1 $3.48 ($2.18 BI)

Lewa master of Jungle x3 $11.98 ($2.99 BI)

Ronan Rex x1 $27.50 ($10.00 BI) (Clearance price, wanted it gone)

Nowhere escape mission x1 $33.98 ($8 BI)

Homer Level pack x13 $6.98 ($1.08 BI)

30399 Bowling Ally x3 $3.48 ($1.70 BI)

41177 Precious Crystal Cave x1 $23.98 ($15.15 BI)

Volcano starter kit x2 $7.48 ($3.65 BI)

Bad cop fun pack x1 $5.98 ($1.08 BI)

Rally Car x3 $7.48 ($3.77 BI) (Don't worry I'm holding some in reserve)

Deep Sea scuba scooter x2 $4.98 ($0 BI)

Droid Escape Pod x1 $24.98 ($8.50 BI)

Cranages Shield Attack x1 $12.98 ($9.9 BI)

Demolition Site x2 $69.98 ($43.50 BI)

Bulldozer x1 $24.00 ($16 BI) (Clearance price, damaged box)

Skull slicer x2 $6.00 ($4.30 BI) (Clearance price, want them gone)

First order snowspeeder x1 $27.98 ($20.50 BI)

Uxar creature of jungle x2 $8.48 ($4.50 BI)

Kai's Mini dragon x6 $2.48 ($1 BI)

Kylo Rens Imperial shuttle x1 $79.98 ($47.00 BI)

Geonosis Troopers x4 $9.98 ($3 BI)

Tie advanced prototype x21 $3.48 ($2.10 BI)

The usual $200 of collectable minifigures

• Like 3

Lego maze has done that already, I sold a few for £99 each a few weeks back, but others have sold for more. 

Not quite the same. The maze has a shorter climb up. Started at $70 and was released for less than a year.
WallE started at $60, and has several years of stock bought at discount to burn through first.

FBM
10236 - SW: Ewok Village - $390

FBA
70722 - Ninjago: Overborg Attack - $63
70818 - Lego Movie - Double-Decker Couch - $50
75043 - SW: AT-AP - $90
75054 - SW: AT-AT - $340 (sold one at $350 a few weeks ago)
75055 - SW: Imperial Star Destroyer - $275
79007 - LOTR: Battle at the Black Gate - $109

• Like 8

Wow, someone paid $50 for a double decker couch? I didn't think it would reach that high.

Sold 17 various polybags just this weekend. Of note is a couple U-wing at $9.50 each.

But my big badge of honor was receiving my first 3-digit invoice from BL. I thought December was good, but not half of what I sold in January. It's an outlier, I know. But February stands to be decent too.

One more feedback and I'll have reached 100! Another 3-digit milestone.

• Like 5

After the unexpected news that 71285 Marceline Dimensions was only limited in exclusivity, I was happy to see my last two get sold to the same buyer on BO today - $15 each. Got a parted out one left and I've sold through all my $6 Marceline's from TRU's recent BOGOF offer.

• Like 1

Finally hit 100 feedback!

Sold another 6 polybags. First Sergeants for $6.75 each

After the unexpected news that 71285 Marceline Dimensions was only limited in exclusivity, I was happy to see my last two get sold to the same buyer on BO today - $15 each. Got a parted out one left and I've sold through all my $6 Marceline's from TRU's recent BOGOF offer.

I'm gonna need BO lessons from you. I hardly sell anything there. When I do, it's the most random things.
  • Like 1