What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
13 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

More JW sets, need to hold some back for next year but just trying to recoupe some funds after Nov/Dec epic spend!! Judge myself for not buying more of these!! Need a hang my head in shame emoji!!

You should save them, yes they may come down in value in Jan/Feb due to Xmas season over, but JW is one theme in UK that should go up by next Xmas, can say the same with any other sets (except SD) 

You should save them, yes they may come down in value in Jan/Feb due to Xmas season over, but JW is one theme in UK that should go up by next Xmas, can say the same with any other sets (except SD) 

Yeah I know, as I say I flipped a few but held a fair bit back. Same goes for SD. I blame the wife, if she hadn't have been in my ear hole about too much spending I would have went deeper!! Shall regret that come Valentine's Day!!!
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 10:31 AM, dustyshelf said:

I was only sitting on four of them. I moved two via ebay and two locally. Prices may settle now that Xmas is over. Some other Elves moved surprisingly well this last week, all of which I picked up during Walmart's summer clearance. 

Thanks! I sold the 4 I had, so I went back and bought a dozen more.

54 minutes ago, redghostx said:

That seems a little low as I sold one over the weekend for $305 shipped.

We all have our diff reasons to sell and buy-in prices. Sure, I could have gotten more but 1) I sold both w/o the retail box for easy / cheaper postage and 2) needed the space to store a planned purchase (10143 DS ) .

i also sold one w/o selling fees

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

We all have our diff reasons to sell and buy-in prices. Sure, I could have gotten more but 1) I sold both w/o the retail box for easy / cheaper postage and 2) needed the space to store a planned purchase (10143 DS ) .

i also sold one w/o selling fees

Without fees makes a big difference and makes for a great sale :)

Skyra's Mysterious Castle is moving around $90. Wish I would have arm-swept these when they were being clearance-ed for $40 earlier this year. Oh well, sold my two this week.

That is upsetting lol. I bought 5 @ 19.00 left 4. Sold one 2 co worker for 20. Rest 65 shipped on eBay. Did ok overall for a quick flip.

Sold a 75055 ISD (NISB) for €180 cash last week. Not my last one, and I needed some space for new purchases. :) 

Sold a 40222 24-in-1 Countdown Calendar for €10 (NISB). After having opened and built my own copy of this set over 24 consecutive days prior to Christmas I think it's a crappy set and hardly worth more than €10. I know I would feel ripped off having paid more than €10 for it! 

Sold a 40223 Snowglobe (NISB) for €17,50 to the same buyer as the Countdown Calendar, so I gave a small discount for buying both sets together. Got the Snowglobe unexpectedly when I bought the new 75172 Y-Wing last December. Saving my other Snowglobes to sell near Christmas 2017. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haay said:

Sold a 40223 Snowglobe (NISB) for €17,50 to the same buyer as the Countdown Calendar, so I gave a small discount for buying both sets together. Got the Snowglobe unexpectedly when I bought the new 75172 Y-Wing last December. Saving my other Snowglobes to sell near Christmas 2017. :) 

I've held onto mine and am gambling on no remake next Christmas. 

If LEGO releases them next year they would probably be at €10 a box like their other similarly sized seasonal sets.

Been a very busy start to 2017 for me! Since January 1st, all on ebay: 

[Buy In]

41178 Dragon Sanctuary $88 Shipped [$33.57] to Scotland!

60051 Middle Passenger Car (Lot 1 of 5) $60 shipped [$64.99 - future lots will be weighted at $0]

60036 Arctic Base Camp $148 Shipped [$75.02]

41178 Dragon Sanctuary $92 Shipped [$33.57]

70906 Batgirl Minifig (Lot 1 of 4) $24.46 Shipped [$58.23 - same as above] to Australia!

41178 Dragon Sanctuary $101 Shipped [$33.57]

79012 Mirkwood Army

79015 Witch King Battle

79016 Attack on Lake Town

70411 Treasure Island   all together for $182 Shipped [$90.65] to a Ukrainian living in Israel!!

70409 Shipwreck Defense

70410 Soldiers Outpost

70411 Treasure Island

70412 Soldiers Fort   all together for $172 Shipped [$80.79]

70900 Joker Minifig+Balloon (Lot 1 of 3) $24.50 Shipped [$15.22 - same as above] to Australia!

Lessons learned from this post: 

1. 41178 Dragon Sanctuary shocked me. Grabbed during BF sales to give "girl lego" a punt... punting myself now, for not grabbing more! Very quick turn around after I listed them, and I had very frequent international shipping inquiries for this as well. I'd advise any Aussies or Brits should list theirs up if they managed Buy-Ins anywhere near mine...!

2. For my fellow Canadians, it pays to list your items internationally! For small items, shipping often isn't absolutely insane to go across the globe. It increases your buyer-pool from about 35 million people, up to 8 billion of them. Worth taking the plunge if you haven't tried it yet. 

• Like 3

Do you include tracking for the international shipments (parcel size)? I find I usually have to pay and arm and a leg.

Been a very busy start to 2017 for me! Since January 1st, all on ebay: 
[buy In]
41178 Dragon Sanctuary $88 Shipped [$33.57] to Scotland!
60051 Middle Passenger Car (Lot 1 of 5) $60 shipped [$64.99 - future lots will be weighted at $0]
60036 Arctic Base Camp $148 Shipped [$75.02]
41178 Dragon Sanctuary $92 Shipped [$33.57]
70906 Batgirl Minifig (Lot 1 of 4) $24.46 Shipped [$58.23 - same as above] to Australia!
41178 Dragon Sanctuary $101 Shipped [$33.57]
79012 Mirkwood Army
79015 Witch King Battle
79016 Attack on Lake Town
70411 Treasure Island   all together for $182 Shipped [$90.65] to a Ukrainian living in Israel!!
70409 Shipwreck Defense
70410 Soldiers Outpost
70411 Treasure Island
70412 Soldiers Fort   all together for $172 Shipped [$80.79]
70900 Joker Minifig+Balloon (Lot 1 of 3) $24.50 Shipped [$15.22 - same as above] to Australia!

Lessons learned from this post: 
1. 41178 Dragon Sanctuary shocked me. Grabbed during BF sales to give "girl lego" a punt... punting myself now, for not grabbing more! Very quick turn around after I listed them, and I had very frequent international shipping inquiries for this as well. I'd advise any Aussies or Brits should list theirs up if they managed Buy-Ins anywhere near mine...!
2. For my fellow Canadians, it pays to list your items internationally! For small items, shipping often isn't absolutely insane to go across the globe. It increases your buyer-pool from about 35 million people, up to 8 billion of them. Worth taking the plunge if you haven't tried it yet. 

I actively communicate with my buyers when I can, but in short, no. I list the cheaper no tracking 'small package' rate for anything that fits in the limit, up to a combined value of around $150 where I'll make tracking mandatory for the buyer. I always list with buyer paid calculated shipping though.