What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...

eBay:

Used complete Mos Eisley Cantina 75052: $80, Buy-in $30 in Jan  (built it with my son and enjoyed it for a year...but ended it up with another used one for $25.)

New Minecraft The Mine 21118:  $165, Buy-in $47.70 in Feb

In person:

Millennium Falcon 75105: $100, Buy-in $37.10 in March (sold to a friend)

Heartlake Mall 41058: $95, Buy-in $59 in March

Sold my last Santas workshop for £100 with EBay FVF of £1 with a buy in of £60 so cleared £30 after fees. Overall about 50% profit on the stash that I bought with less than a one year hold. Glad to be rid of them since I can't see them going that much higher until next Xmas at the very least.

12 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Well done. I sold a handful for around $210 on eBay, but you made out a bit better given the lack of fees.

Thanks, I took the power functions out of the $85 passenger Train from the Target sale.   I can either sell the rest of it or make my personal Passenger train longer lol.

6 minutes ago, Jman444 said:

Thanks, I took the power functions out of the $85 passenger Train from the Target sale.   I can either sell the rest of it or make my personal Passenger train longer lol.

My holiday train is parked under the tree, stationary.  A few feet away is a pair of sealed passenger trains.  You guys are really tempting me here ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Is there a cheat sheet somewhere to modify the holiday train?  I've never worked with power functions or built one of these power trains.

Check out the end of the instructions here.  https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/search?ignorereferer=true#?search&text=10254

In addition to the power functions it will require two technic axles from the passenger train, unless you already have those.

Guest TabbyBoy

My bail-out is complete... about £17,500 profit from over 4,000 sets which will bore than pants of ya'll so I won't list them (the prices they sold for will upset a lot of you anyway).

All I have left now is:

622x White House (I kept quiet about them before EOL, didn't I?) - Already £30 up per set with a long way to go! This was my Dark Horse set!

622x Lincoln Memorial

407x Trevi Fountain

516x Doctor Who

213x Ecto1

143x WALL-E

99x Haunted House

99x Fire Brigade

2x Mini Cooper

2x F40

2x Caterham 7

1x TBBT (more than enough!)

16x Snow Globe

37x London Bus

14x SSD (Why didn't I order 99x at the time?)

66x R2-D2 (All from Argos at £99.99 each BEFORE the days of stickers - all mint!)

Yep, I'm now small fry and have left the big league for good ;-)

These have been moved to the back of my friend's warehouse out of the way to stew until next year. R2-D2 at the front in case he spikes due to R1 movie.

My girlfriend has her attic back and I've terminated the lease on my main lock-up, saving over £400 per month!

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

My bail-out is complete... about £17,500 profit from over 4,000 sets which will bore than pants of ya'll so I won't list them (the prices they sold for will upset a lot of you anyway).

All I have left now is:

622x White House (I kept quiet about them before EOL, didn't I?) - Already £30 up per set with a long way to go! This was my Dark Horse set!

622x Lincoln Memorial

407x Trevi Fountain

516x Doctor Who

213x Ecto1

143x WALL-E

99x Haunted House

99x Fire Brigade

2x Mini Cooper

2x F40

2x Caterham 7

1x TBBT (more than enough!)

16x Snow Globe

37x London Bus

14x SSD (Why didn't I order 99x at the time?)

66x R2-D2 (All from Argos at £99.99 each BEFORE the days of stickers - all mint!)

Yep, I'm now small fry and have left the big league for good ;-)

These have been moved to the back of my friend's warehouse out of the way to stew until next year. R2-D2 at the front in case he spikes due to R1 movie.

My girlfriend has her attic back and I've terminated the lease on my main lock-up, saving over £400 per month!

I like that rationalised range. My only doubts are the IDEAS sets and Lincoln. I have them all too but in piffling amounts. Still think you got rid of Red 5 too soon. There´s more growth in that set than Fire Brigade. Also, why no Town Halls or GEs?

Guest TabbyBoy
53 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I like that rationalised range. My only doubts are the IDEAS sets and Lincoln. I have them all too but in piffling amounts. Still think you got rid of Red 5 too soon. There´s more growth in that set than Fire Brigade. Also, why no Town Halls or GEs?

I already sold my GE & TH sets for a tidy profit at the last peak. But, I still have one of each in my collection. I've just found a factory box with 3x R5 which I'll sell for £1000 "if" it reaches that! ;-)

I think R5 will have a short window like last time. If it's in R1 (won't see it for months), LEGO will surely resurrect it, right?

The LM will be great to pair with the WH and can be posted at no extra cost.

The FBs amd HHs appear to have reached a plateau so I'll list a few after Xmas.

Edited by TabbyBoy