What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
On December 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Zelgazra said:

6083 Samurai Stronghold (Used, 100%) ~$84 shipped ($34.50 Buy-In)

This buyer managed to get in touch before I actually shipped the set. I had it packed and labeled already. They decided to ask if I had any other sets that weren't listed. Turns out I did, so we set up a little no-fees private sale on the side. 

6093 Flying Ninja Fortress (Used, 100%) ~$141 shipped [most of the shipping cost was already covered in the previous purchase] ($63 Buy-In from my good man @Zender)

I managed to sell a Green Arrow and Supergirl Dimensions combo for $80 on eBay. Was surprised with all the competition. Green arrow is starting to dry up, but I fear more super girls are coming.

That's lucky and one in a million right there. I've got mine listed at $58 for the two!!??

That's lucky and one in a million right there. I've got mine listed at $58 for the two!!??

$58! You low baller.

My average sold price is about $67. I've sold my last 4 at $70. I start at $60 and worked my way up. I posted what I thought was my last one for $80, and was surprised to have sold it. But I got more and I sold 2 yesterday at $70.

Hmmm... $58. Want to do a drop shipment for me lol

Guest TabbyBoy

20x 31047 CREATOR Planes for £200 cash - £110 profit.

10x 10197 Fire Brigades for £2000 cash - £1100 profit.

5x 10228 Haunted Houses for £1250 cash - £575 profit.

This guy has also made me an offer for EVERYTHING else that I have left which is very tempting even though my margin will be a lot lower. I really want to bail and this could be the perfect opportunity. I need to think carefully as it'll only be about £5K above break even for 2000+ sets.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

20x 31047 CREATOR Planes for £200 cash - £110 profit.

10x 10197 Fire Brigades for £2000 cash - £1100 profit.

5x 10228 Haunted Houses for £1250 cash - £575 profit.

This guy has also made me an offer for EVERYTHING else that I have left which is very tempting even though my margin will be a lot lower. I really want to bail and this could be the perfect opportunity. I need to think carefully as it'll only be about £5K above break even for 2000+ sets.

Value your time appropriately. I had under-estimated how much time / effort / life i've been missing out on doing this. 

Value your time in the transaction, and what you could spend it doing rather than dealing with all this.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Value your time appropriately. I had under-estimated how much time / effort / life i've been missing out on doing this. 

Value your time in the transaction, and what you could spend it doing rather than dealing with all this.

We've shaken on the deal and everything is going apart from my Architecture and IDEAS "gems" as there's a strong chance of these hitting 4x buy-in by next year. BPers have helped me out with some of the larger and UCS sets - thank you, guys!

To be honest, there's no reason why I can't invest in just one set if it's that good. If only I had the balls to order 99x 10221 SSD when the limits were that high! But, as I said, I need some time out and I'll still be lurking around here.

20 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

We've shaken on the deal and everything is going apart from my Architecture and IDEAS "gems" as there's a strong chance of these hitting 4x buy-in by next year. BPers have helped me out with some of the larger and UCS sets - thank you, guys!

To be honest, there's no reason why I can't invest in just one set if it's that good. If only I had the balls to order 99x 10221 SSD when the limits were that high! But, as I said, I need some time out and I'll still be lurking around here.

Congrats to you man. I'm trying to get out myself, but i've been ebaying my way through it to make it extra difficult for some reason :)

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Congrats to you man. I'm trying to get out myself, but i've been ebaying my way through it to make it extra difficult for some reason :)

Thanks. I did think of eBay and could've made more money but, the extra work would've finished me off and taken months. I'm a believer in "never say never" and I'll still be keeping an eye on the LEGO market occasionally but, for now, only to sell what I still have.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, JDLego324 said:

2 X 10188 - $459.99 each shipped - ebay - good riddance

I just can't help thinking that it'll be 10179's turn soon once the new one is released. Don't get greedy guys as £3,500 can turn into £500 very quickly if the new release is better and Ed loves the box ;-)

Of course I'm speculating but, LEGO really have to release a new UCS MF, right? I sold my 10179 and would like a new one at RRP to replace it.

Finally sold my last Disney Castle. $450 shipped, with a cpt hook and maleficent minifigs on eBay.

I held out as long as I could, but these don't seem to be short on hand. I'll keep my $30 profit and fill that empty space on my shelf with Iron Golems. Can't go wrong there.

3 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

70801 melting room $23 ($4 clearance)

all FBA. good prices. some sets people aren't taking about. plenty of money to be made out there. I have a lot more like this but waiting till I sell through more

Hmmm ... perhaps time to change tack on my Melting Rooms - was going to part them out for bricks but that price is getting close to my maximum BL part-out value :)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Another BPer just knocked on the door to pay £750 for:

1x 10221 SSD

1x 10225 R2-D2

1x 40225 Snow Globe

That's it, I've now sold all the SW UCS sets that I planned to offload at this time ;-)

75045 Republic cannon $79.99 ($19 WM clearance) x6
75050 Bwing $89.99 ($25 clearance)x2
70801 melting room $23 ($4 clearance)
75053 ghost $140

all FBA. good prices. some sets people aren't taking about. plenty of money to be made out there. I have a lot more like this but waiting till I sell through more

Getaway Glider is going for close to $30. :)