What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

I saw someone mention selling their 10695 for $35 on CL.  I figured I would give it a try but didnt even get a response.  So I gave my local facebook sale page a try and I sold all 10 I had for $35 each not bad for a $21 buy in.  From the time I posted the ad until I had the cash in my hand was less than an hour.  Makes me feel like I left money on the table but at least I have more room on my shelves now.

Has anyone else had much luck selling on fb?  I think I am giving up on CL as most of the time the people never show up while on FB you have the persons account so they normally show or at least tell you they changed there mind and arent coming anymore.

​so you created a LEGO store (so to speak) on FB?

Right now my sales have died down to a stand still almost. eBay is super quiet and CL is...well......CL, but also very quiet.

I saw someone mention selling their 10695 for $35 on CL.  I figured I would give it a try but didnt even get a response.  So I gave my local facebook sale page a try and I sold all 10 I had for $35 each not bad for a $21 buy in.  From the time I posted the ad until I had the cash in my hand was less than an hour.  Makes me feel like I left money on the table but at least I have more room on my shelves now.

Has anyone else had much luck selling on fb?  I think I am giving up on CL as most of the time the people never show up while on FB you have the persons account so they normally show or at least tell you they changed there mind and arent coming anymore.

You created a Facebook Page to sell or is there an ACTUAL 3rd party marketplace to sell on Facebook?

Or did you just post on your own FB and your friends bought them?

None of my friends plays or collects Lego.

Got a link for the "local facebook sale page" you're talking about?

Edited by legowalker

​I have about 38 of these taking up space. Did you just post to your timeline or to a group, etc?

Our city has this as well and it seems to do well for those that are a part of it.  I went to one sale that was all toys, but a lot of Lego, and there were cars up and down the street trying to get into it.  I didn't buy anything as the sets were all messed up so complete sets were out of the picture, but they were asking decent prices and getting them.  I don't think this is the norm, however, with your typical garage sale crowd.

sorry off topic, but I do love the difference in the European and American markets, I mean Golden dragon is going for about $110 ( I bought 20 wish I bought 100 ) over here right now and Maersk triple E is about $300. These are off my Amazon shop sales not eBay, and I know the fees are higher but still..... The differences in the markets are always interesting.

sorry off topic, but I do love the difference in the European and American markets, I mean Golden dragon is going for about $110 ( I bought 20 wish I bought 100 ) over here right now and Maersk triple E is about $300. These are off my Amazon shop sales not eBay, and I know the fees are higher but still..... The differences in the markets are always interesting.

​Where is 'over here'? Since we don't have the 'flags' anymore it is left to guesswork.

This is a weird day indeed, I just sold my last 9457 Ninjago Fangpyre Wrecking Ball ( I had 10 ) a pointless set, was left on shelves for at least 12 months after retirement, which I bought for £24.99. I unloaded them for £83.99 wtf is going on. Also I do suggest for the UK crew, if you have the inventory start selling on Amazon, the fees are higher but the price point/customer base is way better. I've been an eBay fan boy with Lego for 5 years now, only started selling on Amazon in Jan. No problems no defects, just gold.

• Like 1

This is a weird day indeed, I just sold my last 9457 Ninjago Fangpyre Wrecking Ball ( I had 10 ) a pointless set, was left on shelves for at least 12 months after retirement, which I bought for £24.99. I unloaded them for £83.99 wtf is going on. Also I do suggest for the UK crew, if you have the inventory start selling on Amazon, the fees are higher but the price point/customer base is way better. I've been an eBay fan boy with Lego for 5 years now, only started selling on Amazon in Jan. No problems no defects, just gold.

​Agree with you on Amazon UK that you can achieve much higher prices than Ebay UK. One of the reason I can think of is that the competing sellers on the marketplace are even worse with their pricing particularly the Japanese sellers with whom you end up with import duties on top of their high prices.  However, I found that it can take a long to time to sell. There does not seem to be a lot of people buying these high priced retired sets.

​Did you auction it? I just sold one for €23.50 shipped to Spain.

Yeah, because I haven't sold anything before I thought it might be better in terms of getting sales and feedback quicker. I've done the same with a Stormtrooper Sergeant which I got for free and it's up at €19.50 and the auctions not done yet, so a bit hit and miss I suppose.

Its a local sell group just search sale and your local town.  Mine has 5 different ones.  I didnt create any of them.  Really simple to list as well.

I've considered doing this as well, but haven't yet simply because I don't want to draw any attention locally to the good thing I have going. I'll put a few things on Craig's once in awhile, but Facebook has a lot more eyes looking at it. My city and surrounding area has a population close to 200,000 people, so the more I can stay off of the local radar the less competition I'll have in acquiring the seasonal clearance. Maybe closer to the holidays I'll put a few things up for sale on FB.

• Like 1

sold my last republic gunship 75021 for $180 bin free shipping ebay.  paid $74 -5% on clearance late last summer at target when I arrived right as they were marking them down and i cleared the whole shelf.  i might snag a few more of these lingering at bn's scattered along the drive to the closest lego store.  would be worth it if you can get a 15% discount gift card and 10% membership discount for starters ~ $90.  not sure coupons would work on these but don't know until you try.  i think this set could get to $250 in a year.

• Like 1

That's great that it's going that high already.  I'm sitting on a stack of these, and i'm probably going to wait until next year.  I think the gunship will go higher than 250 actually, but these are pretty much zapped out of B&Ns in many areas of the East Coast.  I've scoured inventory all over the place trying to add a few more, and it's grim pickings right now.  I was in NY last month on a business trip and there were around 4 of them left in a hundred mile radius.  The one I was attempting to buy the box was so damaged that I passed. I know there's very few left in the Southeast either…  And the B&N discount will only apply to one item, so you won't be able to get all of them at that price, unless you have multiple accounts, which would make it kind of pointless since you would have to pay 25.00 per account.  But still, even at retail price plus the 10% discount you can still profit off of these if you can still find any left.  Most of the sets left in the northeast are in suburban towns outside of major metro areas (and we are talking very few).

Edited by fossilrock

sold my last republic gunship 75021 for $180 bin free shipping ebay.  paid $74 -5% on clearance late last summer at target when I arrived right as they were marking them down and i cleared the whole shelf.  i might snag a few more of these lingering at bn's scattered along the drive to the closest lego store.  would be worth it if you can get a 15% discount gift card and 10% membership discount for starters ~ $90.  not sure coupons would work on these but don't know until you try.  i think this set could get to $250 in a year.

​I lucked into a couple more of these at TRU to replenish the two I've sold.  I'll bump up my listing knowing you had success at $180.  Thanks...  ;)

That's great that it's going that high already.  I'm sitting on a stack of these, and i'm probably going to wait until next year.  I think the gunship will go higher than 250 actually, but these are pretty much zapped out of B&Ns in many areas of the East Coast.  I've scoured inventory all over the place trying to add a few more, and it's grim pickings right now.  I was in NY last month on a business trip and there were around 4 of them left in a hundred mile radius.  The one I was attempting to buy the box was so damaged that I passed. I know there's very few left in the Southeast either…  And the B&N discount will only apply to one item, so you won't be able to get all of them at that price, unless you have multiple accounts, which would make it kind of pointless since you would have to pay 25.00 per account.  But still, even at retail price plus the 10% discount you can still profit off of these if you can still find any left.  Most of the sets left in the northeast are in suburban towns outside of major metro areas (and we are talking very few).

​bn member discount of 10% will count towards all purchases at bn not just one item.  i do this all the time on lego, vinyl, books.

the extra 20% coupon will only work one time and not usually on a lego from the toy section.

i live in the rural northeast about 40 minutes from 6 cities with 100K or more that have BN still showing these in stock but whether that is actually true or not is another story.  nice thing about bn is you can at least attempt to get them to reserve and hold it for you to confirm that they have it.

​bn member discount of 10% will count towards all purchases at bn not just one item.  i do this all the time on lego, vinyl, books.

the extra 20% coupon will only work one time and not usually on a lego from the toy section.

i live in the rural northeast about 40 minutes from 6 cities with 100K or more that have BN still showing these in stock but whether that is actually true or not is another story.  nice thing about bn is you can at least attempt to get them to reserve and hold it for you to confirm that they have it.

​I've managed to get the 20% coupon to work on a gunship at a B&N.  Some of them don't exclude lego, you just have to read the fine print.  About 2 out of every 3 coupons do exclude them, but about twice a year it seems they'll release one that applies to just about everything including lego.