What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

It sure was.  I prefer to sell on Craigslist although a lot of people hit me up and then never get back to me.  People are super flaky on there.  If I start having trouble selling sets I'll probably put them up on eBay. I want to avoid fees and shipping costs as much as I can.

​I've pretty much given up on Craigslist.  I've had a bit of success on there, but now all I get are lowball offers.  Interestingly, I've had some people local to me ask to pick up their bricklink orders themselves and pay cash, so I've saved on shipping and paypal fees that way.

• Like 1

There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

​You are the one with the capability to go to the future, why don't you tell us ? ;)

(although it did not make sense why they had to go to the future to fix something that had not happened yet :P )

• Like 1

​I've pretty much given up on Craigslist.  I've had a bit of success on there, but now all I get are lowball offers.  Interestingly, I've had some people local to me ask to pick up their bricklink orders themselves and pay cash, so I've saved on shipping and paypal fees that way.

People lowball me all the time but I just tell them my price is firm.  I'm in no rush to sell what I have so I don't mind if it takes a while to sell certain sets.

People lowball me all the time but I just tell them my price is firm.  I'm in no rush to sell what I have so I don't mind if it takes a while to sell certain sets.

​Lowballing is a frequently applied tactic on CL. My favourite was when someone sent me a screenshot of the 10695 off Walmart's website at US$30 (no shipping and sales tax included, of course, nor was it available), I think, telling me that I should lower my price if I want to sell it.

The 5 copies I have sold on CL for US$35 don't necessarily put much credence to her opinion :D

• Like 1

​There is a new hairpiece for Doc, you'll dig it the most.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/category/lego-dimensions/

I don't know if that will hurt the sale of the original minifig.  Technically, it's for the dimensions game and not really a solo mini figure. I really don't know if that's going to affect anything or not. It looks pretty cool though and I'll probably end up buying one just because I love Back to the Future.