What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

​Slowest time for eBay sellers?

I have definitely noticed a slow down on the vintage set line. My old space BINs are sticking. I have them set at average or slightly below but no bites. It's been like that since April time.  I seem to remember that things picked around July last year. 

Having said aid that I listed a 7817 boxed for £45 and it sold in 12 hours. 

Auctions are mostly still selling, but at lower prices than BINs. 

I have definitely noticed a slow down on the vintage set line. My old space BINs are sticking. I have them set at average or slightly below but no bites. It's been like that since April time.  I seem to remember that things picked around July last year.

Having said aid that I listed a 7817 boxed for £45 and it sold in 12 hours.

Auctions are mostly still selling, but at lower prices than BINs.

​I think yer right, the old stuff is definitely falling off the radar - it just can't compete with the flashiness of the newer licensed stuff, that 30 year cycle (folks wanting to buy back their childhood after 30 years once they have become established & have disposable incomes)   We just recently moved another 400 lbs of bulk 70-90's miscellaneous & the only way to move it was to break it up into 30 or so 12-15lb boxes (listed as 10lb+) for $45.oo ea  - a couple years ago you could 8-10 bucks a lb for that stuff.

​Dude, cool down! You are making us all look bad.

Now spill it....was this another CL deal? 

It sure was.  I prefer to sell on Craigslist although a lot of people hit me up and then never get back to me.  People are super flaky on there.  If I start having trouble selling sets I'll probably put them up on eBay. I want to avoid fees and shipping costs as much as I can.

• Like 1

It sure was.  I prefer to sell on Craigslist although a lot of people hit me up and then never get back to me.  People are super flaky on there.  If I start having trouble selling sets I'll probably put them up on eBay. I want to avoid fees and shipping costs as much as I can.

​$100 before fees is pretty darn good!  Congrats on the sale.  I only have a few of these so I'll be waiting until Oct-Dec to consider selling any.

• Like 1

​$100 before fees is pretty darn good!  Congrats on the sale.  I only have a few of these so I'll be waiting until Oct-Dec to consider selling any.

Thank you, sir.  I am going to wait until October as well for the other couple of sets I have but for $100 I couldn't pass up the sale.

I let my personal feelings about how I thought the Delorean build looked awful get in the way of investing in that set. I guess nostalgia wins over how a sets look in this case. Dang.

It's hard sometimes not to let your personal feelings get it in the way of a set, but I try not to let it.  I try to think of the overall appeal to buyers, not if I really like it or not.  I bought a ToO and I don't like it at all.  I think it's a good investment though.

• Like 1