What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

Hoping to sell this bulk lot on CL http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tag/4963323807.html Just posted it.

This was all the non SW stuff from the lot I picked up last week. Sorting thru all this was crazy. Pulled out batteries, gameboy games, candy wrappers. Good news is they are relatively clean and it all lego.

If I was even close to you ide buy it from you. That's cheap to me.

If I was even close to you ide buy it from you. That's cheap to me.

It sold fast. I went running for an hour and had six emails when I got back. The HP stuff could have brought more but no way was I going to dig through all that. This gets the rest of the lot I picked up down to $200 which includes a complete ucs Y wing, motorized atat, and about 10 other retired sw sets  :pleasantry:

• Like 4

There is nothing jerk-y about the truth of that statement. His motivations have nothing to do with me. But opening my mind and listing to foreign buyers has also opened my mind to foreign going rates and profits, which I had not considered before, since wasn't my plan. But if I'm open to the idea of international shipping for THIS buyer, why would I not open the listing for everyone in that market? I have no problem selling to a reseller. I have no illusions about what we're doing. That's who I assume would be interested in a large lot, and although intent of the buyer is not inherently relevant, the new market which this buyer represents and happens to service IS relevant. I don't want to blow a sale, and I really would rather turn these around quickly, all at once if possible, but the European going rate is quite a bit higher. I know I have to hit that sweet spot in order for the deal to be worthwhile to a reseller, but since looking into international going rates, I'm getting a pesky feeling that there's a bit more room for profit on my side.

I feel like I know what I'll end up doing, but I just wanted to talk it out with you guys, so thank you for that. Any last thoughts?

@ Frogger21 - Yes, decisions, decisions, decisions. Lol

Take the money and turn it into more purchases/sales. Rinse/repeat.

Don't underestimate the value of a quick flip.

Over the past couple weeks I've sold eight CT 10664's for $92 - $97 each (shipped) on AMZN. I have 3 left, but think I'll hold those for a bit longer.  I don't feel great about selling them, but I have plenty of Creative Suitcases,  a few 10695s, a few 6177s... too many basic bricks.  The best profit margin was on the Towers so they had to go.  Freed up some space and brought in close to $500, so I can't complain.

Over the past couple weeks I've sold eight CT 10664's for $92 - $97 each (shipped) on AMZN. I have 3 left, but think I'll hold those for a bit longer. I don't feel great about selling them, but I have plenty of Creative Suitcases, a few 10695s, a few 6177s... too many basic bricks. The best profit margin was on the Towers so they had to go. Freed up some space and brought in close to $500, so I can't complain.

Nice work. Always interesting to hear how some sets move better/faster on amazon rather than ebay.

Over the past couple weeks I've sold eight CT 10664's for $92 - $97 each (shipped) on AMZN. I have 3 left, but think I'll hold those for a bit longer.  I don't feel great about selling them, but I have plenty of Creative Suitcases,  a few 10695s, a few 6177s... too many basic bricks.  The best profit margin was on the Towers so they had to go.  Freed up some space and brought in close to $500, so I can't complain.

congratulation! you got out in time :) quite a few FBA have reduced their prices to under $99 so, its going to be while before prices jump on this one.

for non-fba

on this set in particular because of the size; margin depended on your location and where its going. shipping ranged from $6->$24.

Here's my other one: about a week ago I had some SYW offer of $13 in points for $50 purchase. They had the Hulk Buster at $30, I had a few other surprise points ... anyway, I got 2 Hulk Busters for $27 each.  Looking at sales on ebay, I figured I could flip them for at least break even, and get the $13 in points "for free".  It's not my usual "thing", but had some time on my hands and thought I would give it a try.  I felt pretty smart until I found out (on the same day) Target was selling them at $24 each.  Oh well... the flip was "on". Put them on ebay for about $40 shipped, and they sold within a couple days... I decided, what the heck... lets buy 2 from Target at $24.  Just sold both of those for $40.  The sweet thing is they fit so nicely in a (free) USPS Regional Rate Box "A". They need absolutely no dunnage. In less than a week I sold all four with minimal effort, and netted a total of about $15 cash + $13 SYW points.

• Like 1

Here's my other one: about a week ago I had some SYW offer of $13 in points for $50 purchase. They had the Hulk Buster at $30, I had a few other surprise points ... anyway, I got 2 Hulk Busters for $27 each.  Looking at sales on ebay, I figured I could flip them for at least break even, and get the $13 in points "for free".  It's not my usual "thing", but had some time on my hands and thought I would give it a try.  I felt pretty smart until I found out (on the same day) Target was selling them at $24 each.  Oh well... the flip was "on". Put them on ebay for about $40 shipped, and they sold within a couple days... I decided, what the heck... lets buy 2 from Target at $24.  Just sold both of those for $40.  The sweet thing is they fit so nicely in a (free) USPS Regional Rate Box "A". They need absolutely no dunnage. In less than a week I sold all four with minimal effort, and netted a total of about $15 cash + $13 SYW points.

good deal. Glad you got it figured out :)

i am not trying to be a****** but to me math just don't add up :) { your math says $7.50 profit for each of target purchase with sp of $40 and shipping use RR A box}

$40(SP)-$6.00(ebay fee+paypal fee)=$34-$5.48(shipping cost RR A box.)=$28.52-$23.99+tax(10% rate for easy calculationTarget purchase)=$2.25

i might be off by $1.00 or $2.00 (accounting for tax rate and/or ebay+paypal fee and/or shipping cost) but i don't see myself being off by good $5.00

Edited by newbie77

good deal. Glad you got it figured out :)

i am not trying to be a****** but to me math just don't add up :) { your math says $7.50 profit for each of target purchase with sp of $40 and shipping use RR A box}

$40(SP)-$6.00(ebay fee+paypal fee)=$34-$5.48(shipping cost RR A box.)=$28.52-$23.99+tax(10% rate for easy calculationTarget purchase)=$2.25

i might be off by $1.00 or $2.00 (accounting for tax rate and/or ebay+paypal fee and/or shipping cost) but i don't see myself being off by good $5.00

I came up with ~11.50 in fees and shipping costs so that leaves 29.50 for the net sale. When you deduct the 5% for the red card, it is possible to have a profit of $5 a set :)

Of the total $15 profit, a few dollars came from the HBs bought from Kmart. The numbers aren't exact. Sales were actually BIN, plus shipping. Sale prices:

Item 1: $36.95 + 5.32 shipping

Item 2: $33.95 + 7.55 shipping

Item 3: $33.95 + 5.84 shipping

Item 4: $33.95 + 5.84 shipping

I have an ebay store which provides no insertion fees, and I think a 1% discount on seller fees?

Some WM stuff starting to move: 4429 helicopter rescue $60 shipped, buy in $20

Sold set of series 3 friends pets $22 + shipping. Been sitting on sale forever, another ebay seller was selling the sub $15 (msrp) shipped free, he sold a TON before prices finally moved up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I just went to pick up my son returning from his Easter camp with the boy scouts. Started talking to another dad about Lego while waiting for our kids. His son was going to buy the High-speed train and he asked if I knew where he could get it the cheapest. So I sold him one of mine for

• Like 5

I just went to pick up my son returning from his Easter camp with the boy scouts. Started talking to another dad about Lego while waiting for our kids. His son was going to buy the High-speed train and he asked if I knew where he could get it the cheapest. So I sold him one of mine for