What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

FBA

Batman Freeze 76000 - $39

Batcave 6860 - $119

Daily Bugle 76005 - $64

Delorean - $74

Creative Tower - $98 (sold out now)

Creative Suitcase - $75

Kings Castle - $174

Power Mech 31007 - $35

Samurai Mech - $49

Jek 14 - $90

Target Exc. Green Ninja - $17

City 3 in 1 - 66475 - $100

Dragon Mountain - $73

Ebay

SSD $800

• Like 3

FBA

Batcave 6860 - $119

Daily Bugle 76005 - $64

Delorean - $74

Creative Suitcase - $75

Kings Castle - $174

Power Mech 31007 - $35

Samurai Mech - $49

Jek 14 - $90

Dragon Mountain - $73

Ebay

SSD $800

Those are some good sale prices. Good job.

FBA

Batcave 6860 - $119

Daily Bugle 76005 - $64

Delorean - $74

Creative Suitcase - $75

Kings Castle - $174

Power Mech 31007 - $35

Samurai Mech - $49

Jek 14 - $90

Dragon Mountain - $73

Ebay

SSD $800

Great job all around.  Inspiring prices.  Really like the SSD sale.

no... for both. A used one for 110 euro? How did you do that!? You scammed some old lady?

had it on amazon for 140 new.....someone bought it but i couldnt find the new one anymore so i said i have a used one and i will knock 30 euros off......she was delighted.....probably old and rich! hehe

Hi everyone, I'm a new buyer/seller. As in, I'm working on my first sale right now. I'm mostly in this to support my hobby, but hey, who doesn't like profit? I managed to score 20 Joker Bumper cars @ around $3.20 apiece and I am absolutely looking for advice. I currently am considering an offer from a German buyer for the whole lot at 9.99 +shipping ( a discount from the listed price), even though my original posting was for US only. I've also had interest from a Canadian buyer. Minus the eBay fees and PayPal, I would stand to more than double my money. Which I felt okay with for a while. But then I look at the buyer's own store, and I see the prices that he is selling for, and...well...why should he make all of the money? If I sell them in bulk, which is what I'm considering, it seems obvious I would be selling to another reseller, and would have to sell lower in order to make it worthwhile. But then I see the same poly selling for double in foreign markets, and Joker minfigs ALONE selling for more $10. Should I allow a reseller's potential profits to make me reconsider how I'm going about this? Those profits could be mine instead of his, but it would surely take more time and effort. Is it worth the trade-off? I priced these polys at a point where I thought I could make a reasonable profit, yet still move them quickly.

So these are the things I'm thinking about, and any thoughts or advice from this fine community would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, I'm a new buyer/seller. As in, I'm working on my first sale right now. I'm mostly in this to support my hobby, but hey, who doesn't like profit? I managed to score 20 Joker Bumper cars @ around $3.20 apiece and I am absolutely looking for advice. I currently am considering an offer from a German buyer for the whole lot at 9.99 +shipping ( a discount from the listed price), even though my original posting was for US only. I've also had interest from a Canadian buyer. Minus the eBay fees and PayPal, I would stand to more than double my money. Which I felt okay with for a while. But then I look at the buyer's own store, and I see the prices that he is selling for, and...well...why should he make all of the money? If I sell them in bulk, which is what I'm considering, it seems obvious I would be selling to another reseller, and would have to sell lower in order to make it worthwhile. But then I see the same poly selling for double in foreign markets, and Joker minfigs ALONE selling for more $10. Should I allow a reseller's potential profits to make me reconsider how I'm going about this? Those profits could be mine instead of his, but it would surely take more time and effort. Is it worth the trade-off? I priced these polys at a point where I thought I could make a reasonable profit, yet still move them quickly.

So these are the things I'm thinking about, and any thoughts or advice from this fine community would be greatly appreciated.

Not trying to be a jerk but you need to realize real quick that it doesn't matter what the buyer does with the items. He could sell them, burn them, build a huge bumper car for all I care. Only thing that matters is that YOU get the PRICE you WANT. You also need to consider 1 sale for all 20 vs. 1 per order. Decisions, decisions, decisions, that's all we do.
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm a new buyer/seller. As in, I'm working on my first sale right now. I'm mostly in this to support my hobby, but hey, who doesn't like profit? I managed to score 20 Joker Bumper cars @ around $3.20 apiece and I am absolutely looking for advice. I currently am considering an offer from a German buyer for the whole lot at 9.99 +shipping ( a discount from the listed price), even though my original posting was for US only. I've also had interest from a Canadian buyer. Minus the eBay fees and PayPal, I would stand to more than double my money. Which I felt okay with for a while. But then I look at the buyer's own store, and I see the prices that he is selling for, and...well...why should he make all of the money? If I sell them in bulk, which is what I'm considering, it seems obvious I would be selling to another reseller, and would have to sell lower in order to make it worthwhile. But then I see the same poly selling for double in foreign markets, and Joker minfigs ALONE selling for more $10. Should I allow a reseller's potential profits to make me reconsider how I'm going about this? Those profits could be mine instead of his, but it would surely take more time and effort. Is it worth the trade-off? I priced these polys at a point where I thought I could make a reasonable profit, yet still move them quickly.

Personally, I would sell all to the reseller. You'll have trouble competing to get single buyers there. $8.88/$8.60 shipping per polybag kills.
  • Like 1

Not trying to be a jerk but you need to realize real quick that it doesn't matter what the buyer does with the items. He could sell them, burn them, build a huge bumper car for all I care. Only thing that matters is that YOU get the PRICE you WANT. You also need to consider 1 sale for all 20 vs. 1 per order. Decisions, decisions, decisions, that's all we do.

yes this is absolutely correct.

but there are some hypocrites big names in the lego business who don't sell items to resellers :) although they themselves are "resellers" but they don't like to be called re-sellers rather collectors i.e. who collect 1000s of sets and then sell after they retire but they would refuse to sell it to you :) LOL

• Like 1

yes this is absolutely correct.

but there are some hypocrites big names in the lego business who don't sell items to resellers :) although they themselves are "resellers" but they don't like to be called re-sellers rather collectors i.e. who collect 1000s of sets and then sell after they retire but they would refuse to sell it to you :) LOL

There is nothing jerk-y about the truth of that statement. His motivations have nothing to do with me. But opening my mind and listing to foreign buyers has also opened my mind to foreign going rates and profits, which I had not considered before, since wasn't my plan. But if I'm open to the idea of international shipping for THIS buyer, why would I not open the listing for everyone in that market? I have no problem selling to a reseller. I have no illusions about what we're doing. That's who I assume would be interested in a large lot, and although intent of the buyer is not inherently relevant, the new market which this buyer represents and happens to service IS relevant. I don't want to blow a sale, and I really would rather turn these around quickly, all at once if possible, but the European going rate is quite a bit higher. I know I have to hit that sweet spot in order for the deal to be worthwhile to a reseller, but since looking into international going rates, I'm getting a pesky feeling that there's a bit more room for profit on my side.

I feel like I know what I'll end up doing, but I just wanted to talk it out with you guys, so thank you for that. Any last thoughts?

@ Frogger21 - Yes, decisions, decisions, decisions. Lol

There is nothing jerk-y about the truth of that statement. His motivations have nothing to do with me. But opening my mind and listing to foreign buyers has also opened my mind to foreign going rates and profits, which I had not considered before, since wasn't my plan. But if I'm open to the idea of international shipping for THIS buyer, why would I not open the listing for everyone in that market? I have no problem selling to a reseller. I have no illusions about what we're doing. That's who I assume would be interested in a large lot, and although intent of the buyer is not inherently relevant, the new market which this buyer represents and happens to service IS relevant. I don't want to blow a sale, and I really would rather turn these around quickly, all at once if possible, but the European going rate is quite a bit higher. I know I have to hit that sweet spot in order for the deal to be worthwhile to a reseller, but since looking into international going rates, I'm getting a pesky feeling that there's a bit more room for profit on my side.

I feel like I know what I'll end up doing, but I just wanted to talk it out with you guys, so thank you for that. Any last thoughts?

Yes, sometimes you have to make crazy decisions. I passed on a $1500 sale today, just because the buyer didn't have much activity over the past year.  It was clear they bought and sold quite a bit in previous years, but it made me uncomfortable enough to just wait for the next opportunity.

there is a big difference is selling once vs making 20 different transactions. depends on amount of profit et. al. and risk tolerance as well.

international shipping is going to be a killer :)

i would think most people in bricklink would order locally unless they are buying in bulk. :) and/or there is significant difference. :D

Edited by newbie77