• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

@rtisan I think you're right about character recognizability. All the names in each tribe start with same letter! Laval, Lagravas, Longtooth, Leonidas, etc. Pretty easy to forget who's who, I guess.

And frog you're onto something, too. Maybe the demand is there, but it's outmatched by supply.

I wonder if this situation will change - I know AFOLs who have been buying Chima in the sales to get, for example, the Gorilla figure. Maybe once the theme has gone, those figures will be disassociated with the theme and will become popular in their own right as they are pretty cool - I can see them forming the basis for future MOCs that don't refer to the actual Chima theme and aesthetic.

Having said that, its an 'own brand' so the figs are never going to be as popular as the SW/LOTR ones for example.

Interestingly I have had mild success with selling Ninjago figures, but then, kids LOVE that theme more than life itself. I'm guesing the sales I made were to parents buying extra figures for their kids (to take to school in their pockets to play with at breaktime/recess)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought 3 Craggers Command ships 70006 on 50% off from amazon UK. 37 pounds each after tax and delivery which is not a bad deal for Europe.
I also don't have a lot of interest in this theme as an AFOL, but the cartoon started airing in my country and the holiday season is near. Let's hope these bring a bit of cash home :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick check-in - anyone that thinks Chima isn't popular should check out Brick Fanatics Original Theme of the Year, and read the panel's comments.  Panelists used popularity among kids as one of the main assessment criteria.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/award-13-original-theme-of-the-year/

I am about to write an article about how parting out Chima has changed my mind. I am thinking of going full in on it. I think it could be another Ninjago. And Lego is gonna push these like crazy no matter what.

I bought a couple of Chima sets -the smaller ones and parted them out but the figures sat forever before being bought.

Anyone have success with any of these sets? I only did it because i got them so cheap. I ended up making good money, just took over a month to move the figures. If I haven't only bought 3, I might be trying to get rid of them until the end of the year.

Complete contrast to Star Wars, LOTR, Super heros stuff that lasts maybe a week.

Word of advice .. parting out chima is a terrible experience .. they all look the same and come with a zillion accessories weapons ect

I'm thinking there will be a big sale on these come January or after Christmas. Maybe up to 50 percent off. 

If so, am wondering if I should be looking at the ones retiring soon like Eagles Castle or Battles (is retired). 

The Croc Swamp has potential. As others have noted, just not into this series but have seen kids interested in at the stores.