• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

My 4 yr old son use to avoid Chima sets but now likes it. The cartoon is appealing but the premise is still strange. The sets are cool looking,

Regarding investing, i'm still cool on the theme. Talking animals who engulf themselves with blue balls called Chi? Come on Lego. Glowing blue balls that give a steroid rage effect to young animals (before they reach "the age").

Talking animals who engulf themselves with blue balls called Chi? Come on Lego. Glowing blue balls that give a steroid rage effect to young animals (before they reach "the age").

Well, somebody's mind is in the gutter.

"Kids, stop playing with your balls!....Of Chi, that is!" :rofl:

I'm not sure what, if anything, this means but I'm noticing that the Lion Chi Temple is the one lego set that is winding up on all of the "top toys for christmas 2013" lists. Any thoughts?

I could see that. My money is more on The Croc Swamp Hideout and Eglor's Speed Bike (in the long term anyway).

x_side.jpg

tmp_image.png

Well, somebody's mind is in the gutter."Kids, stop playing with your balls!....Of Chi, that is!" :rofl:

Not at all. I watched the risk 2 of 3 shows. They do push blue balls into their chest like Transformers with Energon. The chi also keeps the Chima characters from going back to reg animals (think zoo or African safari).

I just thought having a world exist around "chi" is strange and sorta a week plot. With this, just wondering how long the cartoon can survive.

Not at all. I watched the risk 2 of 3 shows. They do push blue balls into their chest like Transformers with Energon. The chi also keeps the Chima characters from going back to reg animals (think zoo or African safari).

I just thought having a world exist around "chi" is strange and sorta a week plot. With this, just wondering how long the cartoon can survive.

Thats my thing. I think the sets are really cool but I just don't think that cartoon is gonna make anything iconic enough to really do well.

Oh poop. As Chimas biggest cheerleader......I have hung up my pom poms. What a disaster. My 4 year old who LOVES chima wouldn't even watch the brand new episode. My wife and I couldn't believe the level of suck. We shut it off after second commercial. Balls. Now what to do with my 10 Atlantis command ships. Glad that is all I bought for investment. This show is done unless there is a chi miracle next wednesday. We went all out. Popcorn and grape juice. All chima guys lined up on coffee table to watch. Our chima night we have been waiting months for was ruined. Voices out of synch. Same boring plot and races as the first 3. No skunk or bear tribes...but.....beavers? Fixing a tank? And adding wings to it?

Oh well. At least the snacks were good and we acted out some scenes from the first episodes while the new one was shut off.

Mark<- extremely disappointed as a father first, and investor close second. This could have been another ninjago since boys and girls liked the first episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, every time I see this thread title I think it it's about selling Lego into China   :rofl:

You have no idea how many times I read "Chima" and see it in my mind as "China". On another note, anyone remember how before the theme came out Jason from the Brickshow pronounced it as 'she ma'? I still have no idea how it would have ended up sounding like that. I can't imagine any kid trying to say the word that way. :scratchhead:

Guest eightbrick

You have no idea how many times I read "Chima" and see it in my mind as "China". On another note, anyone remember how before the theme came out Jason from the Brickshow pronounced it as 'she ma'? I still have no idea how it would have ended up sounding like that. I can't imagine any kid trying to say the word that way. :scratchhead:

I believe that is how the people at Lego pronounced it somewhere.

I'm not sure what, if anything, this means but I'm noticing that the Lion Chi Temple is the one lego set that is winding up on all of the "top toys for christmas 2013" lists. Any thoughts?

They showed the Lion Temple gate in the last episode.  Once a kid sees that in person of how the bridge pulls out with the lions mouth, he/she will want the set.  Thumbs up on that.

As a young kid who rebought the old Voltron, Transformer and Lego sets.  That set is a winner.  However, can anyone wait that long? 

I believe that is how the people at Lego pronounced it somewhere.

At the least, I thought it could have been pronounced as 'ki ma' or 'kai ma' in the beginning around last year when the preview images came in but it turned out to be standard 'che ma' in the TV series. To me, 'she ma' sounded far off as pronunciation goes. I've just never heard the spirit energy of Chi pronounced as 'she'; that's what threw me off.