• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

I believe those are correct. I have only seen those three sets, both in store & online, at their respective stores to which they are 'exclusive' to. There is also a "3-in-1 Superpack" that will be an exclusive to some part of the world. No idea which honestly. Perhaps Japan? Don't know what other sets will be exclusives, but think a couple of the polybags will be.

Winzar's Pack Patrol (Target)

Leonidas' Jungle Dragster (Toys R Us)

Crawley (Not entirely sure but I think someone said it will be UK promotional? Possibly "The Sun" newspaper again.)

Crug's Swamp Jet (This has first appeared in Sweden. No idea when it will appear stateside, if it does.)

I could see these cheap "Speedorz" sets being valuable, they are disappearing fast at my Target.

If the way those NINJAGO spinners went was any kind of proof, then I have little to no doubt those "Speedorz" will go the same way. Not all, but select ones certainly. Although in my opinion, those "Speedorz" are not cheap.

Kids like to pull a rip cord and watch things fall over.

Heh, don't we all? ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

What does everyone think about the future of the chima line>? Investment winner??? If i think like a child then i think this line will be a huge winner. I bought my kid 70003 and this bird is fantastic!! It looks amazing and its really sturdy, it still hasnt broken after 3 weeks and my kid is 4. Has anyone else bought and built any chima? Thoughts?

oh yeah...there is a cartoon. i think we watched it like a month ago. haven't seen a new episode since. i don't think chima will do well in the long run, or ninjago for that matter. they both have the "flavor of the month" feel to them. i like to stick to the "bread and butter" when it comes to investing. licensed themes that are proven winners (star wars, lotr, harry potter, indiana jones, batman, etc), and the tried and true city/town themes...but that's just me.

I've bought a few sets for my kids and they like them. I'm disappointed only two episodes have been on and nothing new since they originally aired. They need to support Chima with more episodes to keep kids interested, the boxes on the shelves won't do it alone. I wondered if the speederz would be good investmentsince they will be replaced with different ones next month. Out Lego store has a display set up with them to play with and they're kinda neat.

oh yeah...there is a cartoon. i think we watched it like a month ago. haven't seena new episode since. i don't think chima will do well in the long run, or ninjago for that matter. they both have the "flavor of the month" feel to them. i like to stick to the "bread and butter" when it comes to investing. licensed themes that are proven winners (star wars, lotr, harry potter, indiana jones, batman, etc), and the tried and true city/town themes...but that's just me.

Good point. I'd toss out Star Wars, they are contracted to overproduce.

I think Chima investing is just like Ninjago investing which means they will do well around Christmas time (I sold some for 50 to 70% over what I paid) but there won't be a big jump in value until these 6-10 year olds boys become adults with disposable income and want that Chima or Ninjago lego set their parents couldn't or wouldn't buy them. The only reason I sold the ones I had was to pay for a few more I was able to order from Amazon.co.uk at a lower price, but they wouldn't arrive until too late for Christmas sales which didn't bother me. So, you have two choices, to flip them in the next year or two or keep them for a very long time.

it depends on the tv show it might be bigger than ninjago

That is true. It also depends on how well AFOL like this theme. I think it is more geared to kids so that might come into play as far as investing goes. Maybe when these kids grow up they want these sets again, I don't know. It could either way at this point.

I think the theme is too new to get a good sense of how it will do as an investment. There's no data from auctions to evaluate since nothing's been retired yet. Right now its all opinion and speculation based on how "cool" the theme looks and whether or not it appeals to children/adult collectors. The good news is the first wave of speedorz should be retired soon, so we can watch how they fare on the secondary market once they disappear from primary sources. That can give investors some insight into how the line will fare once the larger sets begin to retire by providing some hard data. One thing to note is that during last weeks TRU Lego sale Chima was excluded. While this might be because its a new theme the chain did not exclude the entire 2013 lineup. You could discount Galaxy Squad and The Hobbit all day, so the sets may be doing extremely well on a national level. From my own observations it appears the Chima sets are moving briskly off store shelves, and strong sales at a traditionally weak time of year could be viewed as bullish for the long term future of a toy line. I'd personally advise caution before sinking your investment dollars into Chima right now. The line will be around all year so there's ample time to buy all the sets. If you want to speculate you can grab some of the speedorz if you see them, since you can always just return them in a few months if they don't do well in the secondary market and you won't really risk anything by doing so (just keep your receipt). If the speedorz catch fire that's a good indicator that Chima might be a legitimate hit, and in that case you might be justified in sinking some dollars into the theme this summer and fall when the inevitable sales begin leading up to the holidays.

^^^ I agree with Snowcrash, I think it's too early to tell whether or not the Chima theme will be a winner. I do think it will do better than some of the other new themes, such as Galaxy Squad. But will I do as good as Ninjago and Friends seem to be doing? I think it's still too early to say. Later this year, say late summer/fall I think we'll all have a better idea as to how this Chima theme ranks in terms of investment potential. I have noticed of the 3 Lego stores I've been to in the past month or so, they've occupied about 20% of there shelf space with Chima sets, so someone must be buying them!