• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

Not sure about Chima yet. I'm holding off for a while. Will it just be a short term craze or will kids who like it in the future want to go back and complete their collections? A little similar to Ninjago perhaps, but would like a bit more evidence before making an investment decision here.

Gut reaction: a visual mess

This. Many of the Ninjago/Chima sets are cool, but just not seeing very much with these. Playability, maybe, but Epic Dragon Battle from the Ninjago line is better IMO. And it is still readily available. Needless to say, of the Chima line my favourites are 70003 and 70012. Those birds....

Not sure about the Lion Temple but that Swamp Base is wicked cool! But then again, the crocs are some of my favorite characters in the line right behind the wolves and ravens. Hmm.... I would like to see a mountain base for the ravens actually. That would be cool!

Which gets me thinking... An ice base for the eagles, a mountain base for the ravens, a tree base for the gorillas (I know they don't live in trees, but we already have a jungle temple, and the kids will be none the wiser) and I have no idea what the wolves would require!

• 1 month later...

I believe those are correct. I have only seen those three sets, both in store & online, at their respective stores to which they are 'exclusive' to. There is also a "3-in-1 Superpack" that will be an exclusive to some part of the world. No idea which honestly. Perhaps Japan? Don't know what other sets will be exclusives, but think a couple of the polybags will be.

Winzar's Pack Patrol (Target)

Leonidas' Jungle Dragster (Toys R Us)

Crawley (Not entirely sure but I think someone said it will be UK promotional? Possibly "The Sun" newspaper again.)

Crug's Swamp Jet (This has first appeared in Sweden. No idea when it will appear stateside, if it does.)

Update: Crug's Swamp Jet (30252) is online at TRU. Picked up a few last week during the BOGO. They also had a promo if you bought any Chima set, you received a free Raxcal's Double Crosser (30254). Funny thing is that neither of these sets is on LEGO Shop at Home. Are they just too new? I have never seen a set at a retailer that is not available from LEGO directly.

Update: Crug's Swamp Jet (30252) is online at TRU. Picked up a few last week during the BOGO. They also had a promo if you bought any Chima set, you received a free Raxcal's Double Crosser (30254). Funny thing is that neither of these sets is on S@H. Are they just too new? I have never seen a set at a retailer that is not available from LEGO directly.

My guess is that they are too new.  When Lone Ranger sets came out, they were available at TRU before Lego S@H.

• 2 weeks later...

I think having the show finally start in earnest will absolutely help the theme.  Unfortunately, tonight's episodes are repeats of the first three that have already aired in January and March.  For anyone that hasn't seen the first three, tonight's the night, although I'm sure Cartoon Network will show these on replay over the next week.

I'm confused about this. All week CN has been advertising that tonight is a brand new series, but the cable guide shows repeats of the first 3 episodes... Either CN is lying or the guide is wrong. Guess we'll find out tonight. I know my son and I will be very disappointed if there's really nothing new on offer yet.

As for the popularity of the Lego theme, there's not a doubt in my mind that Chima sets will be flying off shelves and ebay this Christmas.

If only kids watched this garbage. I have two younger brothers, they despise this show.

Well, 1.5M people watched both the January and March episodes...it was good for #10 and #5 rankings on US cable in their timeslots respectively. 

I'm confused about this. All week CN has been advertising that tonight is a brand new series, but the cable guide shows repeats of the first 3 episodes... Either CN is lying or the guide is wrong. Guess we'll find out tonight. I know my son and I will be very disappointed if there's really nothing new on offer yet.

As for the popularity of the Lego theme, there's not a doubt in my mind that Chima sets will be flying off shelves and ebay this Christmas.

D- I hate to disappoint, but I'm fairly confident these will be repeats.  My cable guide says the same thing and it's not often it's wrong.  I have Comcast as my cable provider.

Well, 1.5M people watched both the January and March episodes...it was good for #10 and #5 rankings on US cable in their timeslots respectively.

It sure doesn't receive that kind of love in my area. All my cousins, friends' little brothers, and other Lego people I know hate this show, and the theme.

D- I hate to disappoint, but I'm fairly confident these will be repeats.  My cable guide says the same thing and it's not often it's wrong.  I have Comcast as my cable provider.

Yeah we have comcast, too, and I think you're right. But then, what the heck is Cartoon Network talking about?? It's just weird. And I'm sick of watching Teen Titans Go reruns. New Chima, save me from my son! lol

It sure doesn't receive that kind of love in my area. All my cousins, friends' little brothers, and other Lego people I know hate this show, and the theme.

If you have family that's into Lego, and Ninjago specifically, Chima has suffered from some of the blowback from TLC's previous plans to cancel Ninjago.  I know a lot of Ninjago fans soured on Chima when they first learned it was replacing Ninjago in the Lego line-up before it was resurrected.

It's quite possible that those 1.5M fans will not return, either.  I just have a sneaking suspicion Chima is here to stay, and we will start to see some of its latent popularity manifest soon.

Yeah we have comcast, too, and I think you're right. But then, what the heck is Cartoon Network talking about?? It's just weird. And I'm sick of watching Teen Titans Go reruns. New Chima, save me from my son! lol

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed when I saw the guide too.  My son couldn't have cared less as long as he could watch Chima.  We have episode 2 and 3 DVRed, and he still can't wait to see the new shows.

Neither here nor there, but Legoland Discover Center outside of Chicago is now showing the Legends of Chima "4D" movie.  It's the first new movie introduced that's not one of the two originals: Clutch Powers 4D or Spellbreaker 4D.