• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

I could see that. My money is more on The Croc Swamp Hideout and Eglor's Speed Bike (in the long term anyway).

x_side.jpg

That's a winner probably...Plus Craggers Ship and the Lion Chi Temple. I think the worst thing in the theme is the speedorz and several of the smaller sets. The larger ones that have MSRP's of $50+ are decent though!!

At the least, I thought it could have been pronounced as 'ki ma' or 'kai ma' in the beginning around last year when the preview images came in but it turned out to be standard 'che ma' in the TV series. To me, 'she ma' sounded far off as pronunciation goes. I've just never heard the spirit energy of Chi pronounced as 'she'; that's what threw me off.

I agree about "chi". Btw, when was the last time anyone pronounced CHIcago as "Shee-cago" in any region.

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in the opinions of somebody who has done well investing in them.

With them being relatively new, there really won't be any data on them yet.  Many people have been cold on these so far, but some of the builds are pretty cool.  Problem with lines like this, IMO, is that AFOLS are your target demographic when selling retired sets.  They have the money.  Do you see them ponying up a bunch of money for that Chima set?  I personally don't.  Not saying I'm right, but I see more money in lines that AFOLS are going to relate to better, ALA Star Wars, DC/Marvel, classic lines from childhood, advanced building sets.  You get the idea. 

• Like 1

I would be interested in the opinions of somebody who has done well investing in them.

It's too early for Chima to realize any investment income as nothing is EOL from the theme, and the main sets are barely 9 months old.  Those that believe in Chima feel the theme has great buiids and minifigures, and that the popularity it has begun to show will translate into investment pay-off, likely in 2-3 years.  Those that don't question whether people will pay a premium for them once they're done, i.e. Atlantis and Pharoah's Quest.  It's up to you to make that call.

It's too early for Chima to realize any investment income as nothing is EOL from the theme, and the main sets are barely 9 months old.  Those that believe in Chima feel the theme has great buiids and minifigures, and that the popularity it has begun to show will translate into investment pay-off, likely in 2-3 years.  Those that don't question whether people will pay a premium for them once they're done, i.e. Atlantis and Pharoah's Quest.  It's up to you to make that call.

You mean its not up to you to make that call, and up to me to blindly follow it?!?!?

It's definitely a store-wide thing, or else CHIMA sets would be all over the Daily Deals page. Well, I guess they kind of already are. :D 

I'd try to steer clear of the Speedorz, but I think everything else has fair investment potential, especially the $75+ ones, like Cragger's Command Ship and Lion CHI Temple. Those are plain awesome sets!