• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

I've been a vocal member of the flop boat for a while and will continue to do so. I picked up 3 Cragger's Command ships this week, my first Chima purchase. Even getting them for 50% off I wasn't jazzed about it. 

There were just too many stores in my area that were virtually sold out of pretty much everything except Chima, Superman sets, and some Ninjago stuff over the holidays. The fact Lego has them at great discounts, and they still aren't sold out, should be a blazing red light. We all love Lego on this site, but I think it's OK to admit some stuff just won't be a big investment winner.

And note that I am not saying you can't make money on them. I expect to profit off of the Cragger's ships I bought. But I will probably not hold them very long, and try to get the profit I see quickly vs holding for expected long term gains.

I have always felt the same about Chima, but didn't have the courage to start this thread, lol.  :)  I have always viewed it as very gimmicky, and not worth much.  The strongest aspect of Chima is some of the sets are good sources of unique part types and colors.  I am definitely staying away from it as an investment.

Gotta agree with Veegs, this is definitely not the next Ninjago.

haha.....don't know what world you guys live in. I had 10 Chi Temples and got bought out within 2 days of receiving them. You guys are a bunch of jokers. If nobody's buying the Chi Temples, if you get them for a discount, I'll take them all. The lego store had their chima sets cleaned out of the shelves before X'mas while Star Wars set stood there collecting dust. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I added the Fox/Skunk guys in there as the same option even though neither is technically part of a tribe but I figure some people may like them so there you go. Biggest update was adding in all the new factions from this year's releases including the summer wave offerings with the Mammoths, Sabre-Tooths, Phoenix', etcetera. Also to the rumor mill is a possible rare Panther tribe. Honestly, if the list keeps getting bigger, I'll have to separate the goodies from the baddies. Haha.

As for Chima, I like the Skunk cuz he passes gas a lot.

Well, now you can vote for your favorite 'windbreaker'. :stinker:

Lion Tribe all the way! I think Laval is really funny in the episodes. I actually got all my Lion Tribe sets from www.ChimaLegos.com. They have some really good prices on everything. I think the Gorrilla tribe is pretty funny too. Their voices, especially!

So you bought them from yourself? Interesting! Welcome to BP by the way.

I'm gonna go with the spider tribe

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have

Chi Temple x3

Combat Lair x4

Ultra Striker x6

Chi Raider x4

Eagle Interceptor x3

Laval Royal Fighter x1

Wakz Pack Tracker x2

Eagle's Castle x1

Gorilla Striker x1

and a few smaller sets at very deep discount. I believe I got all of them at greater than 50% off, except the chi temple,  for which I think I have an average price below $70. Have to admit I was a bit trigger happy with the heavy discounts on them, but it will be very interesting to see how this ride turns out.

BTW I'm joking as there is no way I am the biggest investor in Chima. Or am I?

So far I have

Chi Temple x3

Combat Lair x4

Ultra Striker x6

Chi Raider x4

Eagle Interceptor x3

Laval Royal Fighter x1

Wakz Pack Tracker x2

Eagle's Castle x1

Gorilla Striker x1

and a few smaller sets at very deep discount. I believe I got all of them at greater than 50% off, except the chi temple,  for which I think I have an average price below $70. Have to admit I was a bit trigger happy with the heavy discounts on them, but it will be very interesting to see how this ride turns out.

You are an infinitely bigger Chima investor then I am...  I have no faith in the theme, although I would like to see the investments succeed.

Many have been very cautious on chima, myself included. But, ever since the 2nd wave images came out I have been really increasing my Chima stock.

1x chi temple

1x cragger ship

2x Equila's striker

1x Eagle interceptor

1x Gorilla Mech

1x Combat lair

Focusing on the sets that stuck out of the crowd to me. And deep discounts of course :P

So far I have

Chi Temple x3

Combat Lair x4

Ultra Striker x6

Chi Raider x4

Eagle Interceptor x3

Laval Royal Fighter x1

Wakz Pack Tracker x2

Eagle's Castle x1

Gorilla Striker x1

No croc swamps (TRU exclusive) or cragger command ships (clearanced by Walmart for $54)? Along with the chi temple, I think those three will be the sets to have once this theme goes bye bye. I am not a big fan of the theme from an investing standpoint, but I do have four each of those three, all bought at good discounts. If the theme does better than what the majority of people here think it will do, then you will be sitting pretty (along with Ed, but he never sells anything!).

I'd guess Emazers would have a stock of Lion Chi Temples (or Cragger's Command Ship) that would blow our collective minds.

I'd be surprised if Emazers has any Chima, but he may have a few Chi Temples.  All of mine that I have stockpiled were purchased at steep discounts, mostly at KMart.

My son has a Chi Temple, I don't.  I plan to pick up a few when they discount them again this year, but I didn't throw any money at them during the holidays.  I will be getting a couple Croc Swamp Hideouts when they go below $50 again.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm the smallest Chima investor as I've not even gone near the Chima aisles let alone touch a box or even remotely think of buying one.  I know these sets float some boats but, not mine.

I might be able to Rival Ed:

5 Equilas Striker

4 Chi Raider

2 Lavals Fighter thing

6 Eris Interceptor

2 Chi Temple

2 Razar Fighter

4 Eagles Castle

At least 1-2 of Every Speedorz set

2 Croc Swamp

3 Worriz Layer

3 Craggers Ship

3 Gorzans Gorilla Striker

3 Waks Pack Tracker

2 Lennox Lion Attack

1 Crawleys Claw Ripper

2 Ultimate Speedorz Tournament

1 Eeglors Twin Bike

And there are a few more. I have a stack of stuff I grabbed from the Lego store that all needs to be filed away in my inventory/brickfolio. But as you can see, a good amount of Chima.

This is not including the 30-40 chima sets I have parted out (although I may part out more of these).

• Like 1