• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

That seller has the shipping method for the Mindstorms set and the train sets listed as USPS Priority Mail.  He is paying a shizload if he is using that shipping method, is he not?

Um, nope. These are big items. Small items ship for first class, bigger items have no other choice.

Could be, could be that he's a manager at a store like Target and gets %50 of all sales.

I do not think that an employee discount is that much. He could have gotten the sets while they were on a good sale or something like that and then they used the employee discount along with the sale. That is the only possible case I can think of right now.

That was sarcasm. (Awkward..)

Am I the only person that thinks that doing that is unethical? Might as well just do a BIN with your target price instead of deceiving your buyers. Definitely not a good way to get positive feedback!

You don't get feedback. The people who auction the items have the right to remove your bid. So they cancel all the bids, then cancel the auction. 

I do not think that an employee discount is that much. He could have gotten the sets while they were on a good sale or something like that and then they used the employee discount along with the sale. That is the only possible case I can think of right now.

Probably. I know a few years ago they had that, but it could have changed by now.

Inventrious, there is a nice tool in the forums called the "MultiQuote" function. It allows commenters to reply to more than one post at a time, and keeping their responses in a single post. Just click "MultiQuote" as seen below for every post you wish to respond to, and prest-o! They appear in the main response box.

post-5354-0-05155300-1381097895.png

Inventrious, there is a nice tool in the forums called the "MultiQuote" function. It allows commenters to reply to more than one post at a time, and keeping their responses in a single post. Just click "MultiQuote" as seen below for every post you wish to respond to, and prest-o! They appear in the main response box.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-06 at 5.16.27 PM.png

I know about it, I just don't use it. It's easier not to. Should I be using it?

I know about it, I just don't use it. It's easier not to. Should I be using it?

It just gets slightly annoying going through all your posts, when it could have all been compressed into a single post. For example, you posted 3 times in rapid succession, quoting 3 different people. Instead, you could have posted once and included all 3 responses.

It just gets slightly annoying going through all your posts, when it could have all been compressed into a single post. For example, you posted 3 times in rapid succession, quoting 3 different people. Instead, you could have posted once and included all 3 responses.

Sorry about that, I've never used that feature before so I just stick to the easy stuff, but I'll use that. Thanks for letting me know

That's 100% true. Especially because you don't meet face-to-face, so it's very easy to sell stolen items. 

Even if you meet face-to-face, the buyer doesn't know if the items are stolen. Almost 99% of the time, the buyer doesn't care where you got it from, as long as they get it.

The thing I don't understand is that he can make more money selling one by one, rather then selling 4 at once, so you probably are right..

That is the idea behind wholesale. You buy more for a lower price per unit. After the manufacturer sells to the store, then the store sells individually for a higher price, which is why he can make money selling one by one.

Even if you meet face-to-face, the buyer doesn't know if the items are stolen. Almost 99% of the time, the buyer doesn't care where you got it from, as long as they get it.

That is the idea behind wholesale. You buy more for a lower price per unit. After the manufacturer sells to the store, then the store sells individually for a higher price, which is why he can make money selling one by one.

Yup. True

That is very true. All the buyer wants is the product, and most of the time they do not care where they get it from. People buy stolen items and sometimes never find out, but there are some cases where they do find out.

I bought a couple of Chima sets -the smaller ones and parted them out but the figures sat forever before being bought.

Anyone have success with any of these sets? I only did it because i got them so cheap. I ended up making good money, just took over a month to move the figures. If I haven't only bought 3, I might be trying to get rid of them until the end of the year.

Complete contrast to Star Wars, LOTR, Super heros stuff that lasts maybe a week.

• Like 1

Disappointing to hear the minifigs don't move quickly. I thought that's where the money would be on this theme. Chima is a conundrum for sure.

If it says anything about the show, my 5 yr old was done with it after the first 3 episodes... I don't know why he doesn't like it. I like it :) Kids these days.

I haven`t sold anything yet, but from the listings I`ve seen/read I would recommend parting out any day for most of these. I`ve bought a bunch of Chima stuff recently for 1/2 off and will add it to my Bricklink store inventory. 

I believe the main reason for this is that while the Chima stuff is pretty neat, not very many people go looking specifically for one of the figures. Where as with LOTR, SW, etc, most people are familiar with them and want that specific piece. Would explain why they sit for a while like you said, while the rest move quickly. I plan to sell individually and then try and sell in lots of similar pieces as well (seen lots of those adds on ebay). But we`ll see when I`m up and going, could be unintentionally talking out the side of my mouth  :laugh: