LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

*VIP Offer Details: Only valid on shop.LEGO.com and phone orders on November 23, 2013 through 11:59pm EST (8:59pm PST) or while supplies last; quantities are limited. Offer is not valid at LEGO Stores. Offer available only to VIPs registered as of November 15, 2013. Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, shipping charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. Offers exclude backorder items. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Offer valid only in the United States and Canada. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND

Um, it seems like you bought stuff to get points on the other three cards (+2000 points) and returned them on the one other card (getting you -1600) so technically you really shouldn't be keeping all those +2000 points except for the difference in purchases/returns....but you think you deserve to keep those 2000 points and you are upset that LEGO figured it out and combined all the purchases/returns/balances as they should in a normal, balanced world?

And you are going to make a scene about it if you can't get your way?

Me thinks the video might be more embarassing to you than the LEGO store employee you will be berating, assuming you actually mention how you've been using/manipulating multiple VIP cards against their rules.

You gotta remember how unprofessional most of Legos tactics have been. Love the company, but they need to get their **** together on this one. If you have a stance, don't randomly do stupid stuff that makes no sense. I got the ban letter, and I have ordered a lot less than a lot of other people - and my store encourages reselling! Thats just asinine IMO. I have run employees and managed a franchise before - you don't allow that crap to happen. The moment I had employees going against policy, they were gone. We  set all policies form the top and they were well known and had consequences attached.

And this was just a couple of mall kiosks.

Sorry to hear DNI...you're one of my favorite posters.

Nah no big deal - no one be sorry for me. I mean, I am a reseller right? I can't be mad at them. lol. I will still try to buy for myself, and will hope Amazon doesn't ban me. lol.

willy....staying classy as always...

To be fair, you knew who you were talking too, lol. But Willy does spend a lot of money if you look at his posts. I think this is more a crude way of saying he spends a crapload on Lego and he keeps a lot of it for his children looking at his pictures. So its not like hes not a really good customer. 

I started buying legos from LEGO Shop at Home back in Jan this year because some small MOC I was doing and joined VIP program. I did not buy many multiple sets with my orders. Interesting though, sometimes (and I'm pretty sure it's when I ordered modulars) I saw in my order status before they got marked as 'in process' they were 'customer service'. Has anyone noticed this with your orders? What is it supposed to mean?

Has anyone received order confirmation for more than one order? I got my first order confirmation right away and still have not received my second confirmation. I'm guessing they are making 'adjustments' and removing the second freebie set. Bummer.

maybe that's what it is... I did receive one confirmation, not the first order I placed though... the 3rd. If that's the case, I'll probably call back and cancel my orders... we'll see

Has anyone received order confirmation for more than one order? I got my first order confirmation right away and still have not received my second confirmation. I'm guessing they are making 'adjustments' and removing the second freebie set. Bummer.

I still haven't received an e-email confirmation for my first (and only) order yet.  I ordered it around midnight time frame.

When I go to the Order Status page online, it shows "Customer Service", rather than "Processing" as usually would show.   

What does Order Status show for you?

I still haven't received an e-email confirmation for my first (and only) order yet.  I ordered it around midnight time frame.

When I go to the Order Status page online, it shows "Customer Service", rather than "Processing" as usually would show.   

What does Order Status show for you?

one of my orders is shown 'customer service', others 'in process'. But I still only got one confirmation. I posted earlier that I've seen 'Customer Service' shown up with all my modular building purchase (and I only got one per set, so far). I wonder what that CS means

Same here. Looks like the are culling multiple orders to purge the free holiday sets out. First time I have seen this...3 orders made...only the first one confirmed and processing...other 2 say customer service. Last free holiday set I was able to get multiples from lego site...even with multiple orders a few mins apart.

Same here. Looks like the are culling multiple orders to purge the free holiday sets out. First time I have seen this...3 orders made...only the first one confirmed and processing...other 2 say customer service. Last free holiday set I was able to get multiples from lego site...even with multiple orders a few mins apart.

same for me last time. I got several. I only have one order in CS today. But usually their confirmation is late anyway. I wonder what all of this really means... hmmm, maybe VIPs just crashed their server... lol

I'm not sure how people can get upset about being labeled and banned if they are resellers.  If you ever bought Lego with the intention of reselling Lego found you out, done.  

I'm not sure that anyone stated that they were upset. We're just pointing out the fact that it looks like they have tightened the reigns just a little more. It's kind of a bummer anyway because many people will have multiples of set #1 and only one or two of set #2. The upside for the flipper is that should increase the value of set #2, the downside is you only get one! We're getting the message Lego!

I'm not sure how people can get upset about being labeled and banned if they are resellers.  If you ever bought Lego with the intention of reselling Lego found you out, done.  

The promotion today's is for VIP only and it's the perfect opportunity for them to find out which client will be on the chopping block.  Most of us might get banned going forward.

I order the Palace Cinema this morning and the order is in Customer Service status.  Took about 2 hours or so to get the confirmation email.  Once I got that, I ordered an Ewok Village.  Haven't gotten a confirmation on that yet, but it's been less than an hour.  Both orders are showing as being in CS.  Both had the promo set on the order, so we'll see if they go through.  Even if I can't get more than one promo set, I still want the 2 big sets I ordered.

same for me last time. I got several. I only have one order in CS today. But usually their confirmation is late anyway. I wonder what all of this really means... hmmm, maybe VIPs just crashed their server... lol

LEGO US site down... maybe that's why we didn't get email...

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

Error 500

That's interesting though. Who wouldn't take advantage of promo bonus even just simply a lego fans? I haven't sold any single LEGO set I bought. They are for my collection. To be honest, deals elsewhere probably make better sell (I assume).

Simple Lego fans dont buy 5 Batwoman and 5 Orc Forges when it shows up at LEGO Shop at Home time and time again. Neither do they put in multiple order on the same sets at midnighg. It's shooting fish in a barrel on a day like this if they really want to find out who resells.

• Like 1

Simple Lego fans dont buy 5 Batwoman and 5 Orc Forges when it shows up at LEGO Shop at Home time and time again. Neither do they put in multiple order on the same sets at midnighg. It's shooting fish in a barrel on a day like this if they really want to find out who resells.

Yes, it's amazing that resellers seem to think of themselves as "normal" LEGO buyers with seemingly everyday buying patterns/habits and they simply aren't.

It's trivial to flag those orders that are out of the ordinary for closer inspection. If you place multiple orders for the same sets within minutes of each other, they are probably just making sure it's not a duplicate. 

I placed two orders last night for totally different sets but waited about 20 minutes between orders  and I received both confirmation emails within an hour of placing the orders, each with the holiday set.

And, it's been pointed out before, no one who's gotten the reseller letter/email was wrongly targeted (DNIIM may be close), not that we would probably hear from someone like that on this site. Until I see mainstream media reports of crying mothers with children being banned/labelled as resellers, it's a complete non-issue for the average investor/reseller. LEGO has only been targeting the obvious/extreme resellers who basically out themselves.