LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

If memory serves, they did last year's BF sale starting at midnight EST. I, for one, will be sitting here at 8:59 with credit card in hand, hoping. Tough to decide how much to commit to tomorrow's sale versus next week's.

There is no sleep from today till next Monday for deal hunters!

Well I am not sure I will take part too much now. Just got the reseller warning from Lego.

Rut Roh. FYI - when I got my letter, that was the end, immediately. I took it as a warning, but the decision was already made. The ONLY way you are going to know is to either call them or wait and see if they cancel your order, as they did to me. That will really suck if it's true.

Uh oh...any idea what triggered it?  Let me guess - 41999.

Did you get the warning in an email?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

In an  effort to reinforce existing LEGO policies, I am sending this message to you.

The LEGO Shop sells and ships products to end-user consumers only. You may not purchase LEGO products for resale via the shop.LEGO.com site or LEGO Brand Retail Stores.

We reserve the right to cancel or suspend your order for further investigation if we suspect it is being used for resale.

If you represent a retail business and are interested in purchasing LEGO products for resale, please contact our Independent Toy Dealers department to discuss our reseller requirements by calling 1-800-673-0360, or email [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I had not been tremendously careful except with exclusives. I have ordered probably two of most of the bigger exclusives. I have stayed within the purchasing limits for everything except

7 Orc Forges (they were clearanced at a Lego store)

3 41999s

Some minecraft sets

Its weird because I have been pretty quiet for the last several weeks with only two orders:

3 of each of the holiday polybags

5 catwoman cycles.

I don't really think my history looks too obvious, but I did make a lot of individual orders during promotions so its possible that they are just getting better at looking.

I may need to open some other VIP cards. Not to get around purchasing limits - but just so that one account doesn't have so many orders on it.

Rut Roh. FYI - when I got my letter, that was the end, immediately. I took it as a warning, but the decision was already made. The ONLY way you are going to know is to either call them or wait and see if they cancel your order, as they did to me. That will really suck if it's true.

My last order already shipped so I don't know why they just now send it. It has the guys contact info - I am tempted to call him and just talk to him about it.

Funny enough, a lot of the stuff I resell isn't from the Lego shop. I certainly have some, but most of my purchasing was stuff for me the last several months and I just sold the exclusives. Looking through it, probably over half is still sitting in my house. lol.

Guest TabbyBoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

In an  effort to reinforce existing LEGO policies, I am sending this message to you.

The LEGO Shop sells and ships products to end-user consumers only. You may not purchase LEGO products for resale via the shop.LEGO.com site or LEGO Brand Retail Stores.

We reserve the right to cancel or suspend your order for further investigation if we suspect it is being used for resale.

If you represent a retail business and are interested in purchasing LEGO products for resale, please contact our Independent Toy Dealers department to discuss our reseller requirements by calling 1-800-673-0360, or email [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I had not been tremendously careful except with exclusives. I have ordered probably two of most of the bigger exclusives. I have stayed within the purchasing limits for everything except

7 Orc Forges (they were clearanced at a Lego store)

3 41999s

Some minecraft sets

Its weird because I have been pretty quiet for the last several weeks with only two orders:

3 of each of the holiday polybags

5 catwoman cycles.

I don't really think my history looks too obvious, but I did make a lot of individual orders during promotions so its possible that they are just getting better at looking.

I may need to open some other VIP cards. Not to get around purchasing limits - but just so that one account doesn't have so many orders on it.

That sucks, I've been buying Haunted Houses, Winter Village Markets and Mini-Modulars by the boatload.  I'm surprised that your orders set off alarm bells as mine would blown up the whole of Denmark!

EXACT same letter that I received. I think they look at an overall history, not just the last month or so. I wonder if an employee at the store made some kind of notation when you picked up the 7 Orcs. Did you use your VIP card that day?

I did, but I didn't pick them all up at the same time. I bought 2 online and picked up 5 that day - which was right after. I just asked the guy how many I could buy and he said "5". This was really before I even started selling. I had honestly thought about keeping all these now with the Orthanc tower out. lol

You may just have to get creative. One way is this: if you have another account but only one credit card to use, go in to a store and buy gift cards. There shouldn't be any tracking on those.

I would seriously think about calling. I wonder if you were to do nothing than they think "yep, he knows he's busted because he didn't even bother to respond"

edit: One of the really stupid things is that they still send me e-mails about promotions and my VIP balance (that I cannot use), but no physical catalogs.

That sucks, I've been buying Haunted Houses, Winter Village Markets and Mini-Modulars by the boatload.  I'm surprised that your orders set off alarm bells as mine would blown up the whole of Denmark!

I am wondering if it is the minecraft sets. Those are pretty closely watched I think. I am gonna stay away from purchasing them from there anymore. I don't really need to anymore anyway though since I cleaned that Ebay seller out.

Anyone who ever got the email respond to it? I am tempted to just play dumb and see if I can pull anything out of the information that might tell us what they look for.

At the same time, I don't want to push them further. I have $240 in VIP points to spend. I will probably spend them tomorrow at the Lego store so the order can't get canceled. I am buying an Xwing - never bought one before so hopefully they don't screw me on that.

You may just have to get creative. One way is this: if you have another account but only one credit card to use, go in to a store and buy gift cards. There shouldn't be any tracking on those.

I would seriously think about calling. I wonder if you were to do nothing than they think "yep, he knows he's busted because he didn't even bother to respond"

I definitely have other credit cards to use. I take advantage of rewards - its like a game to me for some reason. So no issues there.

But wont the same address trigger an issue?

That sucks, DoNot, I'm sorry. From everything I've read it does appear the enforcement is very hit and miss at this point. If Lego is serious about this, and they appear to be, they'll get better at it.

Definitely use up those VIP points tomorrow in the store if at all possible - based on other folks' experience, I'm afraid you may already be in line for a ban just from getting the letter.

Regarding tomorrow's in-store exclusive event, I just learned that each attendee's VIP card is allowed one 3x point transaction.  I was told that I could earn 3x points on multiple sets (with a limit of 2 on the larger sets).  However, they will have to be on 1 transaction.  Also, I was told that I will get only 1 holiday freebie even if my purchase total > $500.  I was originally planning to complete multiple transactions and get 1 freebie for each transaction.

That sucks, DoNot, I'm sorry. From everything I've read it does appear the enforcement is very hit and miss at this point. If Lego is serious about this, and they appear to be, they'll get better at it.

Definitely use up those VIP points tomorrow in the store if at all possible - based on other folks' experience, I'm afraid you may already be in line for a ban just from getting the letter.

Not too big a deal honestly - except for buying stuff from the Lego store I want for my collection. I don't think exclusive deals like they have had the last two months are gonna always be around.

I definitely have other credit cards to use. I take advantage of rewards - its like a game to me for some reason. So no issues there.

But wont the same address trigger an issue?

I'd expect so - do you have friends or relatives in town you could set up as your other VIP addresses? I haven't heard anything about IP and MAC address tracking yet - Amazon uses it for sure when they issue bans, but it doesn't seem like Lego is going "that far" yet.

Did any of you all that got the email get banned?

I'd expect so - do you have friends or relatives in town you could set up as your other VIP addresses? I haven't heard anything about IP and MAC address tracking yet - Amazon uses it for sure when they issue bans, but it doesn't seem like Lego is going "that far" yet.

I have friends I could use so it shouldn't be an issue.

I only know of two people on here for sure that got (or admitted to) the letter, and both of us were banned. I tried to play dumb, but they just played dumber. They would not provide any details as to how this decision was made.

Also, I am not sure if you will able to use your VIP points at the store since the account will show as locked if they have already made the decision. Fingers crossed that it was truly just a warning.

Regarding tomorrow's in-store exclusive event, I just learned that each attendee's VIP card is allowed one 3x point transaction.  I was told that I could earn 3x points on multiple sets (with a limit of 2 on the larger sets).  However, they will have to be on 1 transaction.  Also, I was told that I will get only 1 holiday freebie even if my purchase total > $500.  I was originally planning to complete multiple transactions and get 1 freebie for each transaction.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am started to lose track by the most recent deals happening this week.

The in-store exclusive event you are talking about, is it for everyone who has a VIP card? or only for members with invitation only?