Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

I think that situation they are talking about with the reseller clearing out an entire Myer of exclusives is what gives resellers a bad name, and I would never buy more than my "fair share" in one hit, not if it means other people missing out, but that's just me I guess. I don't do this for a living, it's just a hobby, but I guess those that do it as a way of paying bills will do whatever they can to maximise profits.

Your 100% correct on all counts that's why I buy a bit at each sale and never clean stores out.  It's only a means to help pay for the expensive hobby we (and our kids too of course) all have. Unfortunately Bricklink is getting more expensive now too, I have a Ferris Wheel on the way and was hoping to add in some red gondola parts but within days the parts either disappeared or skyrocketed in price, so had to pull the plug on that idea.

This sale I managed to get another couple of DO and a couple of PC. I have a few slave 1's already so gave them a miss this time.

The one big problem in Australia now is you never know if this is the last time big popular sets are coming so if you want to invest in something don't presume it will be there again later in the year.

• Like 1

Your 100% correct on all counts that's why I buy a bit at each sale and never clean stores out.  It's only a means to help pay for the expensive hobby we (and our kids too of course) all have. Unfortunately Bricklink is getting more expensive now too, I have a Ferris Wheel on the way and was hoping to add in some red gondola parts but within days the parts either disappeared or skyrocketed in price, so had to pull the plug on that idea.

This sale I managed to get another couple of DO and a couple of PC. I have a few slave 1's already so gave them a miss this time.

The one big problem in Australia now is you never know if this is the last time big popular sets are coming so if you want to invest in something don't presume it will be there again later in the year.

I baited them to see what their stance on reseller's were, but I do agree with the sentiments around here. That is why I source a lot of my material from O/S, or when things are heavily discounted on clearance (fair game then :))

I really wanted to nab some more PCs as I like rounded numbers and want to achieve my goal. Anyone else starting to go into bulking mode for Christmas? I've started ramping up for Christmas as I was almost caught off guard last year!

I've heard some rumours at least for Myer that the new Jurassic World sets are a single drop and not to expect any more in.
Also heard 75920 is a Myer Exclusive.

Perhaps Lego are going to make these sets an extremely limited release.

I really want to use the gyro spheres and a few of the parts in personal builds but these sets are very expensive.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

I've heard some rumours at least for Myer that the new Jurassic World sets are a single drop and not to expect any more in.
Also heard 75920 is a Myer Exclusive.

Perhaps Lego are going to make these sets an extremely limited release.

I really want to use the gyro spheres and a few of the parts in personal builds but these sets are very expensive.

i have seen them everywhere. kmart, big w, target and TRU. maybe we can still get them elsewhere beside Myer?

As for 75920 maybe you are right. haven't see them anywhere else yet except Myer.

i have seen them everywhere. kmart, big w, target and TRU. maybe we can still get them elsewhere beside Myer?

As for 75920 maybe you are right. haven't see them anywhere else yet except Myer.

​Sorry if my post wasn't clear I understand they are in lots of different stores it's just this rumour of a single drop for our country on JW sets that has me a bit puzzled.
If true that would mean once these sets are gone there may not be any more coming in after stocks are depleted, has that ever happened with any sets here in Aus in the past?

I believe the last wave of Hobbit sets made a very brief appearance at all stores before Christmas, however once they sold out that was it, they never got restocked.

I guess anything is possible in Australia with these Jurassic World sets,  but I'd be very surprised if they didn't get at least a 6 month run. But damn they are some expensive sets!

I believe the last wave of Hobbit sets made a very brief appearance at all stores before Christmas, however once they sold out that was it, they never got restocked.

I guess anything is possible in Australia with these Jurassic World sets,  but I'd be very surprised if they didn't get at least a 6 month run. But damn they are some expensive sets!

​I can't seem them being a red hot seller, due to the price point. I think that it would of been a different story if the movie was released closer to Christmas.\

I'm keeping an eye on the T-Rex sets, as I'll pounce as they start becoming clearance.

I believe that LEGO will divert majority of their focus and production line towards the new SW movie that is releasing towards the end of the year, and as such I have a gut feeling that a decent amount of sets maybe either OOS or retired to compensate for this change in focus. I can't see a company the size of LEGO putting all its eggs in one basket, but we all know that they are pretty bad at stock distribution.

I believe that LEGO will divert majority of their focus and production line towards the new SW movie that is releasing towards the end of the year, and as such I have a gut feeling that a decent amount of sets maybe either OOS or retired to compensate for this change in focus. I can't see a company the size of LEGO putting all its eggs in one basket, but we all know that they are pretty bad at stock distribution.

​Either that or do large production runs now to build up enough stock for when SW sets come on line. I am curious as to why they made so many Kwik E´s available to shop at home europe, for instance.

​Either that or do large production runs now to build up enough stock for when SW sets come on line. I am curious as to why they made so many Kwik E´s available to shop at home europe, for instance.

​Exactly what I was thinking regarding the Kwik-e, considering that the Simpsons theme in Europe isn't as strong as the US market. I think that this Xmas may be the season of the reseller as I strongly believe that Demand will outstrip supply :D 

Are you thinking Star Wars sets will go OOS  - or are you saying other sets will go OOS due to Lego putting a big focus on Star Wars production? 

​Probably a bit of both. The key will be when the big shops publish their Xmas catalogues and we see what items are being promoted. Elsa´s palace may or may not be a great purchase, depending on how the theme popularity is at the end of the year.

​Probably a bit of both. The key will be when the big shops publish their Xmas catalogues and we see what items are being promoted. Elsa´s palace may or may not be a great purchase, depending on how the theme popularity is at the end of the year.

​I'm starting to get the feeling that Frozen fever is starting to thaw out, I think generally the better sets will arrive around the October period, this gives enough time for the kids to harass their parents into wanting them, and not long enough for the kids to loose interest and move onto something else.

I do find that kids tend to go for what ever is popular in the catalogues.   Anyone predicted well from the catologues in previous years? 

​It´s not just the kids - parents and relatives get inspiration from them too. Last year 7965 and 9493 plus heartlake mall were solid sellers.

You can also see which shops have negotiated exclusive supply of certain sets.

Nice, tad bit envious. I'm in the market for a TB (Wife wants to build it, so may have to hide it :)), I'm pretty sure that i'm the only customer at my local Toy World for LEGO $200+ and he is still a complete jerk to me lol

Pretty much keeping his business alive (the council are ripping the mall up and a lot of the businesses have gone bust as a result) and I don't even get a smile.

How are you guys doing TH wise? Kept back a few for the good times or cashed in and moved on?

​I've sold 2 and have 2 left, will wait and see how the price goes before deciding when to sell them. If I could turn back the clock 6 months I would have bought so many more!