Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

​What price were Mellennium Falcons selling for Christmas 2014?  

​Most shops had them reduced to 120 euros but sold out and you could get between 150 and 200 on Ebay. It was interesting if you bought in at 70-80 like I did and could sell big quantities.

It would have been more profitable to hold, but that capital allowed me to reinvest in the last TH and SSD´s so it´s all good.

• Like 1

Well done ! Getting all those TH!!  What do you hope to get for them? 

​They are all MISB so I am hoping they can sell next year for what GG is getting now however I don´t take Paypal over 100 euros and there is a limit to the number of buyers who can afford to pay so much so we will see.....

I have issues with their seller protection (or lack of) policy.

​I'm having a problems with non-paying buyers, had 3 in a row, within the space of an hour (all different accounts, varying ratings). 

I think that eBay should be enforcing the contractual side of things on the buyer's end a lot like that they do with their sellers. I don't mind the non-paying bidders, its the mucking around to retrieve the fees that I have to fork out because of them :/

Seriously thinking of changing all my listing to immediate pay and just work around postal refunds for pick ups.

Yeah, it´s a dilemma for sure. I accept paypal with immediate payment for low value items as there is less scam value and it prevents buyer remorse. For anything above 100, I prefer to have to contact ebay to get a commission refund (2 clicks and it´s done and the buyer gets a no pay black mark) than have an issue with a scammer and have paypal take my money from my account. Also no need to worry about whether the courier got signed delivery etc etc.

The bad thing is you do sell less on ebay as they block your ads in some countries like the UK unless you accept paypal and I feel it is wrong to say you accept it in the ad and then tell they buyer to make a transfer. Hopefully when they are separate companies these rules will be changed as you should be free to accept any recognised payment method.

Yeah, it´s a dilemma for sure. I accept paypal with immediate payment for low value items as there is less scam value and it prevents buyer remorse. For anything above 100, I prefer to have to contact ebay to get a commission refund (2 clicks and it´s done and the buyer gets a no pay black mark) than have an issue with a scammer and have paypal take my money from my account. Also no need to worry about whether the courier got signed delivery etc etc.

The bad thing is you do sell less on ebay as they block your ads in some countries like the UK unless you accept paypal and I feel it is wrong to say you accept it in the ad and then tell they buyer to make a transfer. Hopefully when they are separate companies these rules will be changed as you should be free to accept any recognised payment method.

​I'm silently hoping for your second point regarding the splitting of the companies, but unfortunately I can probably predict that the buyers would have had written into the purchase contract that PayPal is to remain in the same position it is in now :(

Anyone else notice all the recent TH ebay sales for around the $400 mark? They kind of look legit but it seems very unusual for multiple sellers to be listing at that price when the going rate has been up around $700. 

​Could be a quick dump of stock, but it does seem unlikely. Maybe multiple accounts have been hit, I wonder how active these accounts have been over the last 6 months?

Anyone else notice all the recent TH ebay sales for around the $400 mark? They kind of look legit but it seems very unusual for multiple sellers to be listing at that price when the going rate has been up around $700. 

It's definitely a scammer using multiple accounts. Possibly hacked accounts.

there is also cheap Death Stars too and the ads all look very similar, just slightly different wording and font sizes.

​All good, just a double payment on the item. 

You seriously thought you might get the ban hammer from Lego? Anyway breathe a bit of relief....phew. However haven't hear of anyone on our side of the world grt hit with the ban? neither do you want to be the first i guess.....

You seriously thought you might get the ban hammer from Lego? Anyway breathe a bit of relief....phew. However haven't hear of anyone on our side of the world grt hit with the ban? neither do you want to be the first i guess....seriously thought you might get the ban hammer from Lego? Anyway breathe a bit of relief....phew. However haven't hear of anyone on our side of the world grt hit with the ban? 

​they don't seem to be banning major drop shippers , who drop ship out of Lego.com to Australia. 

Edited by Lambrae

You seriously thought you might get the ban hammer from Lego? Anyway breathe a bit of relief....phew. However haven't hear of anyone on our side of the world grt hit with the ban? neither do you want to be the first i guess.....

Nah wasn't worried, they didn't ban my account after the Minecraft orders I was pumping thorough last year ($10,000s). + I can talk my way out of anything, so probably would get off the phone with free polybags if I got banned.

Btw i think i saw some so called lego brick briefcase 10682 with a 1000 pcs in each box at toys r us in my area. as well as a friends polybag hanging near the cashier....didn't get a good look but i see a distinct red mailbox in it. so anyone chasing after this 2 might go in store have a look.

Btw i think i saw some so called lego brick briefcase 10682 with a 1000 pcs in each box at toys r us in my area. as well as a friends polybag hanging near the cashier....didn't get a good look but i see a distinct red mailbox in it. so anyone chasing after this 2 might go in store have a look.

​I was able to nab the last briefcase at my local last weekend, these seem to be back instock at LEGO so we may see some more coming through. 

The polybag is Stephanie's mailbox, TRU had a promotion last year that they were sending them out. 

• Like 1

​I was able to nab the last briefcase at my local last weekend, these seem to be back instock at LEGO so we may see some more coming through. 

The polybag is Stephanie's mailbox, TRU had a promotion last year that they were sending them out. 

You are pretty right on the dot! Guess for a big Lego enthusiast like you, knowledge come easy on this. I saw quite a few briefcases in my neck of the woods. No one seems to be buying them.....hence they were always there....but only in TRU duh.

You are pretty right on the dot! Guess for a big Lego enthusiast like you, knowledge come easy on this. I saw quite a few briefcases in my neck of the woods. No one seems to be buying them.....hence they were always there....but only in TRU duh.

​They were a good seller last Christmas and from memory I think that they sold out by Mid-October, so maybe good for a christmas flip if thats your strategy.