Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

​Hahaha I think we're a little away from that, I would be quite surprised if they have any stock and would use another seller as a drop shipper.

Can't say that I'm liking the upgrade, can we go back to the old system please :D

​Another seller as drop shipper, wow didn't think of it like that, so much effort. Sly economics.

• Like 1

I'm a bit tired of the runaround with the Modulars at Myer. From an investment point of view only really the pet shop is worth chasing at this point in time, it still seems way too early to start hoarding the DO and PR. We seem to get a really good indication from these forums when a Modular is going EOL so the last minute panic buy will be the strategy I'm using on these sets. :-)

I'm a bit tired of the runaround with the Modulars at Myer. From an investment point of view only really the pet shop is worth chasing at this point in time, it still seems way too early to start hoarding the DO and PR. We seem to get a really good indication from these forums when a Modular is going EOL so the last minute panic buy will be the strategy I'm using on these sets. :-)

PS looks like it may disappear soon.  Hard to tell though.

I reckon if you can get any modulars at a discount, isit  well worth it.  Even 20% off say on a PC could net you a quick 50 bucks of you were to QF it, although I'd keep it for the long haul. Problem is availability though, and I've heard of one Myer refusing to put items aside. First in, first served it seems.

Haven't seen any modulars at my local Myer at all. Just the UCS Slave and a Mini. Surprise to see that the VW van is still hanging on there as well.

On another note, i noticed that the City theme 60062 Arctic Icebreaker seems to be getting harder to find at Big W. I supposed this set is exclusive to Big W and maybe ToyRUs?

You guys seen any Icebreaker around? might be EOL soon?

Haven't seen any modulars at my local Myer at all. Just the UCS Slave and a Mini. Surprise to see that the VW van is still hanging on there as well.

On another note, i noticed that the City theme 60062 Arctic Icebreaker seems to be getting harder to find at Big W. I supposed this set is exclusive to Big W and maybe ToyRUs?

You guys seen any Icebreaker around? might be EOL soon?

Unless it gets retired early, I believe it's a 2014 set. It's still on SAH 

Just a quick question to post heavy boxes of lego say over 5 kg, is it best to get a courier. I was thinking Allied Express. 

​I used to use Interparcel for selling car parts. They are great on cost, and offer a variety of different carriers. Just put in locations, size and weight for instant quote. Ive heard Ego are quite cheap too.

Thanks guys. Sending to Brisbane, will follow up on Interparcel and Ego. Just bought a heap of bubble wrap, now  to find a strong box along with some foam board, don't want something in transit sitting on it and wrecking the box, dinting. Gosh there is such an art to packing stuff.

I supposed this might not be new info. Anyway Australia Toys R Us will be having a buy 1 get 1 50% discount on selected themes of Lego, starting on 22/04 to 12/05. Somewhat like the Myer's discount which just ended over the weekend.

This assault on the wallet is relentless! If any of you missed buying some Lego over the weekend from Myer for the 25% discount, can try your luck at Toys R Us soon.

• Like 1

I supposed this might not be new info. Anyway Australia Toys R Us will be having a buy 1 get 1 50% discount on selected themes of Lego, starting on 22/04 to 12/05. Somewhat like the Myer's discount which just ended over the weekend.

This assault on the wallet is relentless! If any of you missed buying some Lego over the weekend from Myer for the 25% discount, can try your luck at Toys R Us soon.

​Thanks for the heads up, is there any indication on what this sale includes? There's some decent sets available at TRU.

I would just type here what themes I saw on the catalogue. The sale included Ninjago, Chima, Bionicle, friends, City, Creator, duplo, Super Heroes, Star Wars and juniors. Can mix and match theme to get the discount.

There you go, quite a fair bit. Except for Technic and Architecture,  I couldn't think of what else is excluded.

decided to get one benny's sss for old times sake. Don't have any other lego movie stuff other than the double decker couch. Went into target as well tonight and found the orange technic arctic crawler, cant remember code but it was $109 compared to $119 in kmart. I also looked at another technic box, a large green car and the box was light, it was so light that all the contents were gone, to remove myself from the situation I called staff over and they were shaking their heads and apparently lately some of the returns have been found with pasta inside them instead of lego. Wow, it may seem we have a racket my way. 

decided to get one benny's sss for old times sake. Don't have any other lego movie stuff other than the double decker couch. Went into target as well tonight and found the orange technic arctic crawler, cant remember code but it was $109 compared to $119 in kmart. I also looked at another technic box, a large green car and the box was light, it was so light that all the contents were gone, to remove myself from the situation I called staff over and they were shaking their heads and apparently lately some of the returns have been found with pasta inside them instead of lego. Wow, it may seem we have a racket my way. 

Really.....pasta instead of the real stuff? Darn those thieving ones....they deserved a special place in jail. Best punishment is to make these unmentionable go walking and jumping with their bare soles around on lego since they 'loved' it so much. Sleep on lego as well with each lego piece sharp edge facing up glued to the ground. Anyway which state are you from AFFOL? Just so we can keep a lookout for such acts in our local stores.

Melbourne' Eastern suburbs. I also found in kmart tabs on Emmits construct o matic had all been opened and resealed on one side as they were not in original place with a gap between flap.  What do you think they would be after, Emmit? Or simply is it staff checking returns?

Edited by AFFOL
added a question

Melbourne' Eastern suburbs. I also found in kmart tabs on Emmits construct o matic had all been opened and resealed on one side as they were not in original place with a gap between flap.  What do you think they would be after, Emmit? Or simply is it staff checking returns?

​I am from WA, Perth Metro. I haven't seen that type of despicable act yet, not to say that it won't happened but fingers crossed it won't.:mda:

I don't think they are after Emmet, as Emmet is much more available in the other Lego Movie Sets as well. Maybe it is the Super Angry Kitty they are after, from what i know the Kitty is only available in this set before 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty was released earlier this year.

Er.... do you think the staff would be able to know what is the correct number of bags in the set? Maybe they are trying to make sure it is not another pasta bag or other blocks in there. Don't think they will notice a missing Angry Kitty and properly re-sealed bags if the staff just glanced through the content of the box. Are you talking about 1 box or almost all the boxes of the Emmet Construct O Matic?