Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Larger ones are $11 each plus postage, the more you buy at once the cheaper they become. I'm paranoid about dust, shelfwear, crushing, my 4 year old opening them etc etc. So they're good piece of mind for my long term holds. Once all the tabs are snapped in they're pretty hard to get open.... The website is www.videogameboxprotectors.com.au

Thanks, I might start grabbing them in lots for the exclusives I have. I won't worry about the smaller sets.

I picked up this one today from Kmart. City isn't my forte, so I had to just do an ebay search to see how much she's trending for. 35 seemed reasonable despite the scuff on the side of the box. You don't really see this one in stores anymore.

23wch.jpg

• Like 1

I like that little grand prix set, I think I have a few of those packed away.

It's a cute little set and is now EOL so I had to grab it.  60 bucks seems to be the going ebay rate. I wonder if it'll increase much more.

Then again, I might build it. I'm a car nut and those tools are dope!  One could MOC a Modular Octan mechanic's workshop, Kmart tyre and auto style :)

It's a cute little set and is now EOL so I had to grab it.  60 bucks seems to be the going ebay rate. I wonder if it'll increase much more.

Then again, I might build it. I'm a car nut and those tools are dope!  One could MOC a Modular Octan mechanic's workshop, Kmart tyre and auto style :)

​Wonder how they compare to the speed champions f1 vehicles.
Anyone seen a side by side comparison pic anywhere?

btw some of those speed champion sets have a few tools too.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years
spelling error

​Wonder how they compare to the speed champions f1 vehicles.Anyone seed a side by side comparison pic anywhere?

btw some of those speed champion sets have a few tools too.

Yea, Speed Champs has the Ferrari team with truck, and the McLaren pit stop, which have the same tools as 60025. The f1 cars look better, but both sets are more expensive. Personally,  I prefer the green/white/red Octan colour scheme.

• Like 1

​Has anyone else been able to get the App to work? I can't get my fix lol

​Couldn't get the App to work yet. I think Ed & Jeff is still working on it.

Missed getting my fix too.

As reported earlier by other on this thread, i also saw the Mini and also the UCS Slave in Myer, but quantity is a dismay as i only saw one of each and that is on a Saturday Morning! (Unless you guys arrived there real early to grab them?)

Anyone manage to get their Brickfolio to work?

Looks like we're back online! 

So shopforme.com.au has some great specials at the moment, Mini for 20% off and Star Destroyer for 25% off, amongst lots of other specials as well. 

​Saw the mini but did the Star Destroyer ever came back to life? i always see the Sold Out sign.....

the UCS Slave in Myer, but quantity is a dismay as i only saw one of each and that is on a Saturday Morning! (Unless you guys arrived there real early to grab them?)

​You needed to be there at 9am on Thursday morning.

The trouble with the Aussie Lego Market at the moment is blink and you've missed it, we don't have the luxury of waiting till something is close to retirement otherwise you get nothing here.
Have to spread the purchases out as they become available when the sales are on.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

​You needed to be there at 9am on Thursday morning.

The trouble with the Aussie Lego Market at the moment is blink and you've missed it, we don't have the luxury of waiting till something is close to retirement otherwise you get nothing here.
Have to spread the purchases out as they become available when the sales are on.

​Gheez.....This is really difficult. i agreed that with the market here at the moment, one click might be all that it will take to lose it FOREVER.....

I made the mistake of waiting too long for the SSD and then in a flash, it was gone along with the wind.

Oh well, live and learn.:derisive:

​You needed to be there at 9am on Thursday morning..

​Obviously knowing that you'd need to be there is somewhat critical. Times like this I regret working in the suburbs and not in the city.

As Ted said, live and learn for those that missed out, and celebrate those that scored.

There is always the phone :bubaphone:

​Very true. Have to balance keeping the boss happy and sneak some calls in :)

​Saw the mini but did the Star Destroyer ever came back to life? i always see the Sold Out sign.....

​Shopeforme right now has the Star Destroyer (not SSD) showing as Add to Cart at 25% off. I notice the mini reduced from being able to buy 2 now to just 1.

​Very true. Have to balance keeping the boss happy and sneak some calls in :)

​Shopeforme right now has the Star Destroyer (not SSD) showing as Add to Cart at 25% off. I notice the mini reduced from being able to buy 2 now to just 1.

Big W had tthe Imperial Star Destroyer for $100 a few weeks ago. 

There is always the phone :bubaphone:

​Absolutely - Myer, Kmart and Big W employees are pretty good with putting sets on hold. Just gotta call during morning tea, lunch etc.. and then grab the sets after school or work.

Here in Brisbane, I find that modulars can be hard to come by. I know of a few hoarders that pick the stores clean and then sell them at RRP or sometimes just a smidgen cheaper. One guy was selling ISDs on Thursday for 100-120 as the boxes were in awful condition, obviously he got them in the dropzone sale.

Couldn't access my account, hand to change password, unsure why. Anyway, nearly cried when I saw this as I not only bought it, I built it, Oh if someone had told me a few years ago that this was going to happen, I would have stocked up. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-CREATOR-TOWN-HALL-10224-FREE-SHIPPING-/291187813222?vectorid=229515&lgeo=1&rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=816771764231

Couldn't access my account, hand to change password, unsure why. Anyway, nearly cried when I saw this as I not only bought it, I built it, Oh if someone had told me a few years ago that this was going to happen, I would have stocked up. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-CREATOR-TOWN-HALL-10224-FREE-SHIPPING-/291187813222?vectorid=229515&lgeo=1&rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=816771764231

​Hahaha I think we're a little away from that, I would be quite surprised if they have any stock and would use another seller as a drop shipper.

Can't say that I'm liking the upgrade, can we go back to the old system please :D

• Like 1