Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Local TRU has nothing to get excited about.

Ideas aren't included in the sale apparently. Shame as they got ectos 

​Yeah I was there at about 11 this morning and got the last 2 Minis on the shelf at my local. There are a few sets on clearance which stacks with the BOGO so picked up a couple of 75050 B-wings for just over $40 each

All the Constructo boxes, so the shelf. Maybe six or so. I had a look at Benny's spaceship which  I bought and the same thing,  I have yet to open, I didn't think twice as it had the security tag on it. Really thinking there is a racket. I will check some other stores tomorrow. But who do I tell? The local papers? 

Hobby Warehouse has been moving Pet Shops pretty quickly on ebay. 40 sold in a week and a half

Had a 10% off voucher in my inbox this morning and was going to grab one but they are all gone. People must be eating them up after seeing TOOS. 

Panic buyers, or people just taking advantage of a PS at 10% off I guess.  

All the Constructo boxes, so the shelf. Maybe six or so. I had a look at Benny's spaceship which  I bought and the same thing,  I have yet to open, I didn't think twice as it had the security tag on it. Really thinking there is a racket. I will check some other stores tomorrow. But who do I tell? The local papers? 

The whole shelf?! That is a lot. Even if 6 boxes. Thinking about what you mentioned before about the staffs shaking their head, maybe they decided to open every box that were returned and somehow this particular one missed their inspection?

Could be that they received too much of these poney returns and take no chances... look like you need to have a deeper look at your Benny's spaceship.

Who do you tell? Don't think local media will be pick up. Tell us over here in Brickpicker!  At least we can keep a lookout.

The whole shelf?! That is a lot. Even if 6 boxes. Thinking about what you mentioned before about the staffs shaking their head, maybe they decided to open every box that were returned and somehow this particular one missed their inspection?

Could be that they received too much of these poney returns and take no chances... look like you need to have a deeper look at your Benny's spaceship.

Who do you tell? Don't think local media will be pick up. Tell us over here in Brickpicker!  At least we can keep a lookout.

​Unfortunately being vigilant is the only course of action, a dead give away would be the seals as there is a good chance they would have been cut, removed or taped over. It also helps to know the item weight and weigh immediately when you get home as this would be a lot easier to explain to the store opposed to waiting a week (or longer) and trying to return the item.

I personally haven't come across these amongst my travels, but will be mindful now.

On a side note, LEGO have picked up their game in regards to postage speed to us, I got notification that my Kwik-e-Mart has arrived in Oz within 3 days.

• Like 2

On a side note, LEGO have picked up their game in regards to postage speed to us, I got notification that my Kwik-e-Mart has arrived in Oz within 3 days.

really? arrived within 3 days? and how long before it reach you? It took 3 weeks and 2 days to arrive at my side!

Went to 2 TRU today. nothing interesting left since the sale started on wednesday. Nothing new except for quite a few boxes of mini on the shelf. i just started seeing them in the stores such as Myer and now TRU. boy we are real late in receiving the mini compared to the US.

Thread seems pretty quiet these days.  Is everyone tapped out from all the sales?

I found a bunch of those cute 60025 city grand prix sets at my local kmart. Has anyone seen any around their neck of the woods, or did I just get lucky?

I nabbed a few, still 35 bucks as they wouldn't price match Myer's sale, but no worries as they are going for 60 on ebay and seem to be eol on SAH.  I'll definitely build one now.

Thread seems pretty quiet these days.  Is everyone tapped out from all the sales?

I found a bunch of those cute 60025 city grand prix sets at my local kmart. Has anyone seen any around their neck of the woods, or did I just get lucky?

I nabbed a few, still 35 bucks as they wouldn't price match Myer's sale, but no worries as they are going for 60 on ebay and seem to be eol on SAH.  I'll definitely build one now.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm finding that its getting harder to use the forums after the last update. I was constantly reading and replying using the mobile app but thats not working anymore :(

I can'tI've bee speak for everyone else, but I'm finding thatthe its  its getting harder to use the forums after the last update. I was constantly reading and replying using the mobile app but thats not working anymore :(

Hey Lucifer 

The app is cactus, yes indeed. I a

...as I was saying... I've been using the phone browser and it's ok if you are just posting a reply. If you are quoting (see above post), it's a disaster. Once you quote, your new text keeps appearing in amongst the quote, it's bloody ridiculous. Also, once you quote someone, there seems no way to get rid of it without posting it (again, as above).  

I like it how you can get to the brickfolio easily . That's about the only pro. I don't see how the upgrade benefited anyone really.

Oh yea, and I had to resubscribe to all my followed threads again, as the upgrade somehow  got rid of them.

• Like 1

To keep you guys posted, I did return Benny's spaceship, was told by kmart staff that it was unlikely that it was opened, I almost laughed. The tabs had been carefully pulled back and then reset. I looked at the other stock on the shelf and told her that I was not confident to buy another one.  I suspect others have seen the same and have moved on as the Lego movies stock has barely sold there. On another note I have been told that there are pictures of scooby doo lego floating around on the internet, anyone know if this is the real deal? Are there going to be five sets, do you think we will get them here in the land of oz?

...as I was saying... I've been using the phone browser and it's ok if you are just posting a reply. If you are quoting (see above post), it's a disaster. Once you quote, your new text keeps appearing in amongst the quote, it's bloody ridiculous. Also, once you quote someone, there seems no way to get rid of it without posting it (again, as above).  

I like it how you can get to the brickfolio easily . That's about the only pro. I don't see how the upgrade benefited anyone really.

Oh yea, and I had to resubscribe to all my followed threads again, as the upgrade somehow  got rid of them.

​Haha I had to do a double take, I'm also in the process of writing a Law assignment and thought holy hell my brain has died lol

Yes, I'm quite sure Scooby sets are on their way! I'm not sure if we will get them here though.  I hope so, they look quite cool ???? 

​Yep Scooby is on his way, we will get access to them through LEGO Shop at Home, however there may be a delay and a nice flipping time before they hit the stores. It depends on if LEGO thinks that they will be a good Halloween item.

​That is strange dou, i still have all my followed threads and didn't have to go resubscribe again. (Lucky me i guess)

As with any new programs or learning a new "thing" i guess it take some time before we can get used to the interface of this forum again since we are all so used to the old website.

I am sure once we are well-oiled in searching around for stuffs, quoting and copying etc, as well as Ed and Mack ironed out some of the other issues, all will be good again.

Mike, you are already took the first steps into understanding the new forum layout by resubscribing, no doubts there is no need to if your followed threads are not "deleted" in the first place but oh well....let live? :dontknow:

Cheers.....:good:

Probably nothing but I'm getting 'product not available' when I click on the Ecto-1 on LEGO Shop at Home. 

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108

​Wow I really hope that it is nothing but a glitch, I haven't loaded up on this one yet!

​Just checked and there still there, I have a hunch that they will be going soon as didn't the delorean go around the same time last year?