Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

​They were a good seller last Christmas and from memory I think that they sold out by Mid-October, so maybe good for a christmas flip if thats your strategy.

Nah....i am not a reseller, doesn't have the space nor money to be able to become one anyway. i just enjoy buying sets that i like since i got out of my dark ages around 2.5 yrs ago. But always been keeping track on what is popular out there and keep myself up to date. ????

Unfortunately it was the last echo there, as I wanted to pick up 4 opposed to the mixer.

​My local had a few Ectos and a mixer. I got 2 Ectos and a couple of S12 CMF. I smooshed a gamer and pizza guy to add to the Creator bike shop and cafe, which I've just buit. It was a birthday 'gift' from the missus, which was in my inventory. She basically just gave me the 69 bucks I paid for it. Fantastic set with great PPP.

Another DJs had two mixers, but I'm not too keen on them. I'm saving for the Myer catalogue sale. However, they still had more Ectos, and I'm considering getting another one tmrw, provided there are any left.

I haven't taken advantage of the AMEX 40 bucks back offer. On Tuesday morning I checked the DJs site and all the sets I wanted were out of stock. From what I understand, it only applies to online sales, is that right Luc?

​My local had a few Ectos and a mixer. I got 2 Ectos and a couple of S12 CMF. I smooshed a gamer and pizza guy to add to the Creator bike shop and cafe, which I've just buit. It was a birthday 'gift' from the missus, which was in my inventory. She basically just gave me the 69 bucks I paid for it. Fantastic set with great PPP.

Another DJs had two mixers, but I'm not too keen on them. I'm saving for the Myer catalogue sale. However, they still had more Ectos, and I'm considering getting another one tmrw, provided there are any left.

I haven't taken advantage of the AMEX 40 bucks back offer. On Tuesday morning I checked the DJs site and all the sets I wanted were out of stock. From what I understand, it only applies to online sales, is that right Luc?

​Yeah only online unfortunately, I was able to take advantage of the epic fudge up of the Groupon GC saga. I bought $100 GC, spent it at Big W, all hell broke loose and they issued me another $100 GC :D.

So all good, I also have the Amex offer in the back burner as I'm also in the same situation. I may just pick up another mixer :( 

I'm going to hit the local DJ tomorrow to see if they have any mixers. The only item I'm interested in right now. Just ordered the Ferris Wheel from LEGO Shop at Home, so need to mixer to go with it.

After missing out at Myer, I ordered a couple Detective Office from LEGO Shop at Home a while back, and almost finished the mega-DO with both of them used for the building. I have a second Pet Shop which I will likely use to rebuild that into a double set, too.

Not so keen on the SOH's in the end? No chance for a flip on them but I think they'll do great in the long run.

​I was going to grab one from online for my own collection, but that DJ site keeps failing when it does an inventory check. Had the same issue when I tried for the Mixer, hence time to hit the local to see if they have it. Maybe if SOH is there I'll consider one...does look pretty impressive.

​LEGO tends to have a sale around this time of the year, from memory a good variety of sets were available at 30% off plus a Spaceman promo to boot. I can't remember if it was mid June or early July.

• Like 1

​I was going to grab one from online for my own collection, but that DJ site keeps failing when it does an inventory check. Had the same issue when I tried for the Mixer, hence time to hit the local to see if they have it. Maybe if SOH is there I'll consider one...does look pretty impressive.

​I had the same issue, try creating an account and logging into the site. Once I logged in the issue went away.

​Personally I think its the ugliest thing that LEGO has put out ;)

Saving up for a TB or 4 as I think they will outperform the SOH.

​Are you finding these anywhere other than Lego site? My local Toyworld has a few of these but they never ever seem to have sales or discount sets. :drag:

G'day to our Aussie brethren, how the hell are ya?

That's enough Aussie stereotypes for one message. Just wondering whether the Stormtrooper Sergeant minifigures were ever released or given as freebies down under?

That is some Aussie slang eh.....which stormtrooper dergeant u talking about? Care to load up a pic or two?