Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

On 12/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Alucard1982 said:

Nice, how’s everyone’s sales going.

Not as good as during the Covid lockdowns, but the sheer number of sales during those months - “unprecedented times”. My inventory has flown out the door - and there hasn’t been much around to replace it.

Ebay is still king with 60% of sales, FBM on 30% and rest on BrickLink.

hopefully there’ll be some toy fairs in 2021.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Wow. Bricklink used prices have collapsed. Even the most sought after sets are super discounted compared to a few years ago when I started.

Hey, George, How are you doing? TBH I haven't been looking. I don't usually sell any sets that i build, and in general, I haven't been buying or selling since Xmas. 

On 3/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, Furious_george said:

Hi mate. Yeh I’m good. 
Was looking at BL to get some prices to sell our collection. Bloody hell , stuff is cheap.  Thanks bollocks covid.

more likely jobkeeper and jobseeker coming to end.

been picking up a lot of bargains of FBM - bulk seems to be going @ $10kg, just have to be quick.

Picked up 

75947: Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue missing Cornelius Fudge,

75953: Hogwarts Whomping Willow, and

75954: Hogwarts Great Hall

all for $100.

Still picking up 40362 Battle of Endor for $25, 40220 London Bus for $16 and 40407 Death Star II Battle for $23 from the local LCS store.

Finally started offloading all the $14 60150 Pizza Vans I got from woollies on Boxing Day 2017 the price has nearly reached $60 on eBay.

If we have another covid outbreak, people go into lockdown and buy lego. The government,  in that case, would also likely offer more helicopter money.  It's strange times we are living in - i think the end of Jobkeeper will have negative economic consequences, esp for central and north QLD. 

2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

There will be no more “outbreaks”. It’s done it’s job.

Surely you are joking.

Covid hasn't gone anywhere, George. It's still an existential threat. Gov't is planning int'l arrivals and home quarantine, all it takes is one dickhead.

There was a guy in Brisbane that went to heaps of places while infectious. Today's news.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-26/brisbane-covid-queensland-coronavirus-community-transmission/100016622?utm_source=abc_news_web&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_web

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still around, still around....nothing much on this forum thread nowdays....Sale....not that exciting at the moment?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Did get the Harley for that price....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amac said:

yes still here, usual quiet time of year. Also waiting to see which sets are confirmed for retiring before spending up again. 

Yeah, it is a quiet time of year. They will all retire sooner or later, and close to 50% off on the Chopper is a pretty hard to resist. The Child, for example, is a big seller, and it went up to $170 during Xmas. 

DJs has 20%, for those who collect AMEX points. 

Edited by ED-209

Yep still here - selling more than I'm buying.

From the Coles clearance

Bought 25+ Vidiyo bandmates (43101) @$1.87 a piece,

A couple of the Vidiyo beatboxes @$4.06

25+ 30343 McLaren @3.75

5 30557 Dots Photo Holder @3.75

Hopefully someone on TikTok is going to send dots viral - please please kids.

Figure once the Toy markets kick off again should be able to flog these off quite quickly - and they don't take up much space.

Is it me or everyone here can see that TLG produced too much Super Mario sets? They have been going on sale for like ages....latest is from Big W....or Kmart....I just dont think the theme cut it compared to the real thing....

38 minutes ago, Ted said:

Is it me or everyone here can see that TLG produced too much Super Mario sets? They have been going on sale for like ages....latest is from Big W....or Kmart....I just dont think the theme cut it compared to the real thing....

My youngest just got into the theme and bought the starter set with his own money. He’s not a big Lego fan but loves Mario. Unfortunately the character packs are sold out locally. Some sets are marked down but I’m hoping for summer clearance as I think they are a little overpriced for what you get.