Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

23 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

If it tickles your fancy K-mart is clearancing 76156 Rise of the Domo for $59 (RRP $179)

Had only one in my local - couldn't pass it up , not really sure whether I'll part it out or try selling it at the next local toy fair.

The big ATAT is sort of on sale at Amazon. $1050

23 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

If it tickles your fancy K-mart is clearancing 76156 Rise of the Domo for $59 (RRP $179)

Had only one in my local - couldn't pass it up , not really sure whether I'll part it out or try selling it at the next local toy fair.

I can get 6 of those Domo things delivered but what the hell even is domo?🤣

Ive got some old long retired Superhero’s  sets and they still stink for reselling. Should have just wiped out Wall-e and more Scooby Doo back in the day. Oh well.

• Haha 1

I can get 6 of those Domo things delivered but what the hell even is domo?
Ive got some old long retired Superhero’s  sets and they still stink for reselling. Should have just wiped out Wall-e and more Scooby Doo back in the day. Oh well.

I would avoid like the plague, the movie was the flop of the marvel universes IRT revenue and RT score. I keen see this one hanging around as long as my LEGO Batman - Cat Woman Cycle Chase…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I can get 6 of those Domo things delivered but what the hell even is domo?🤣

Memories, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine / Mystery Mansion "gold, Jerry, gold" seemed to be only on shelves for a week or two - easy money.

Walking past wall-e at my local mr toys thinking $70 for that you're dreaming - definitely missed the boat on that

55 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Memories, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine / Mystery Mansion "gold, Jerry, gold" seemed to be only on shelves for a week or two - easy money.

Walking past wall-e at my local mr toys thinking $70 for that you're dreaming - definitely missed the boat on that

I’m down to 1 MM and 1 Wall-e.

Probably never sell them I reckon but you never know.

• Like 1

I see that eBay dude sethrebricksfree is up to their old tricks again.
Multiples of the same set parked on eBay , stalling the price.

I think he’s trying to choke the market, he’s been doing it for a few years now, he’s obviously got a side store that’s offsetting the loss.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, Alucard1982 said:

I think he’s trying to choke the market, he’s been doing it for a few years now, he’s obviously got a side store that’s offsetting the loss.

He's a bit of an a-hole.

Or just sit your items (particularly polybags) $0.50 higher than his price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so I know prices were going up today, but wow. The Vader helmet went from $90 to $120 = 33% increase on Lego Aust and the other helmets (not expiring this year) went to $100. Wishing I purchased a few weeks ago but didnt want to store for the next 18 months, now looks like I missed a window of opportunity. 

Picked up the trash compactor (personal build) before price rise. And the local lego shop finally had some AT-ST polybags.

Other than that pretty quiet on the purchase front - and sales have slowed.

waiting to see what happens over the next couple of months with all the economic doom and gloom 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 8:06 AM, whoisbiggles said:

Picked up the trash compactor (personal build) before price rise. And the local lego shop finally had some AT-ST polybags.

Other than that pretty quiet on the purchase front - and sales have slowed.

waiting to see what happens over the next couple of months with all the economic doom and gloom 

discretionary purchases like Lego might suffer, all the while the mega-mortgage mugs will drain money out of the economy in order to not get wiped out. I'd sell while u can, clear inventory

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, ED-209 said:

discretionary purchases like Lego might suffer, all the while the mega-mortgage mugs will drain money out of the economy in order to not get wiped out. I'd sell while u can, clear inventory

Time will tell. My purchasing has been way down - and inventory continues to sell, just slower than last year

I've got a couple of toy fairs coming up - then Christmas. 

On 8/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, ED-209 said:

Too right. Sliding into a engineered recession along with the rest of the world.

Hit the dump button.

• Like 1