Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

1 hour ago, Ted said:

Is it me or everyone here can see that TLG produced too much Super Mario sets? They have been going on sale for like ages....latest is from Big W....or Kmart....I just dont think the theme cut it compared to the real thing....

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

The only set in theme with Mario in it - seems to be the only one that Big Dub (at least) isn't discounting. $70'ish is a bit of an ask to get the main character 

Announcement made about 2 Lego brand stores opening up in Perth. 1 on this side of Xmas....finally.....but I dont see them being so kind on prices....if the pick a brick wall and make your own minifigs booth is available should be alright...but with Covid...highly unlikely.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:36 PM, Ted said:

Announcement made about 2 Lego brand stores opening up in Perth. 1 on this side of Xmas....finally.....but I dont see them being so kind on prices....if the pick a brick wall and make your own minifigs booth is available should be alright...but with Covid...highly unlikely.

The one I visit in Brisbane - is in a shopping center with Kmart/Target/Big Dub/Myer/DJ's and a Toyworld - it is always busy with people buying sets instore that are more expensive than at the other center retailers.

Really only good for the exclusives, GWP's (and when they sell excess GWP's), brickwall (ours only changes inventory every 3-4 months), SW polybags.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:59 PM, kurnitb said:

The Kmart website has a coming soon tag on the looney tunes minifigs @ED-209, so hopefully they will be available soon

thx, i found some at my local on the weekend. The box had been manhandled with few left. I got a Tasmanian Devil to go with our Daffy and Roadrunner. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking like an extended Lockdown for Sydney - and my eBay sales are up (10.5% according to eBay) compared this time last year.

Had been bouncing between Auspost Band 1 and Band 2 parcel rates since March - and have been Band 2 for the last 2 months - never say no to discounted postage.

Not a great fan on mangled payments - but no issues to date (touch wood), and just have get use to it.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 1:03 PM, whoisbiggles said:

Looking like an extended Lockdown for Sydney - and my eBay sales are up (10.5% according to eBay) compared this time last year.

Had been bouncing between Auspost Band 1 and Band 2 parcel rates since March - and have been Band 2 for the last 2 months - never say no to discounted postage.

Not a great fan on mangled payments - but no issues to date (touch wood), and just have get use to it.

And it looks like it will continue for a while. 

Not a bad price for this set -209 from  Target https://www.target.com.au/p/lego-reg-ideas-pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322/64892818

1 hour ago, ED-209 said:

And it looks like it will continue for a while. 

Not a bad price for this set -209 from  Target https://www.target.com.au/p/lego-reg-ideas-pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322/64892818

And target accepts giftcards - unlike bloody Kmart (which I learnt the hard way)

Picked up a few of the $55 Marvel and SW busts - still waiting on a great price for the imperial probe droid.

Had a "can you please send an item not to my paypal address but to a family in Sydney with an autistic child" enquiry yesterday. Sure just update the delivery address in Paypal, and no "drop shipper" I'm not giving you a sob story discount.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Target - has 75292 Razor's Crest for $149 (before any other gift card, coupon shennanigans), if you sign up for their emails - you should get a $10 gift card for online purchases.

It seems to have lost favour recently. But come Xmas, shortages are predicted, so this and the Child might be a good flip. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I said goodbye to the last of my 40260 Halloween Haunt's - purchased a heap in 2018 for between $9.99 - $15.00 from a number of local Big Dub's.

If I could just get some interest in the last of my 40203's Vampire and Bat, and the current sold prices for 40262 Christmas Train Ride are not worth listing yet.

11 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Today I said goodbye to the last of my 40260 Halloween Haunt's - purchased a heap in 2018 for between $9.99 - $15.00 from a number of local Big Dub's.

If I could just get some interest in the last of my 40203's Vampire and Bat, and the current sold prices for 40262 Christmas Train Ride are not worth listing yet.

Wow, haven't they gone up in price (40260)? Last year they were going cheap.

Edited by ED-209

17 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

and next year I'll probably be lamenting not holding on to any  😀

This is me. I have no 40260, only 40203 left! I wish I had some 40260.

But if a set is good, it is only a matter of time until the price hits 100% ROI. Take Imperial Shuttle Tydirium 75094, for example. I sold most of mine for  around 200 (not calculating fees). I only have one left, as the other 5 or so i had were sold ages ago. But the worm has turned and they are now worth 300+. I paid retail, which was 140. I don't have many sets stored away, but I tend to hold/collect/hoard. It's in my nature i think.