Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tryin to work out how the ATO know how much profit I've made on a set though? I just made my very first sale today on Ebay! :)

also does anyone know is it just me or are the Aussie sales always weaker compared to what I see others get? seems like 20% - 25% is about the best I see on most lines? do the winter village sets ever go on any sort of discount? I'm yet to see any discount at all so bought three fire stations at RRP . But I want the gingerbread house for my own village that I want to start with my kids but I can't find it anywhere at all

On 10/19/2020 at 10:32 PM, Hammers33 said:

I'm tryin to work out how the ATO know how much profit I've made on a set though? I just made my very first sale today on Ebay! :)

also does anyone know is it just me or are the Aussie sales always weaker compared to what I see others get? seems like 20% - 25% is about the best I see on most lines? do the winter village sets ever go on any sort of discount? I'm yet to see any discount at all so bought three fire stations at RRP . But I want the gingerbread house for my own village that I want to start with my kids but I can't find it anywhere at all

The ATO doesn't know how much of a profit you made on a sale. Ebay is required to disclose your total sales to the ATO.

Some may tell you that eBay only reports on sellers over a certain amount - That's absolute b/s.

If you think about it eBay sends the ATO an electronic file with all the info they are required to provide. eBay is not going to provide that file and exclude certain sellers - why bother, its extra work for them.

Finding bargains in Oz is hard - the only retailer I've seen selling winter sets at a discount is Myer and usually sets from 2 years ago

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, Wabricks said:

I found it quite odd because the treehouse came in plastic and then a few days later, Baby Yoda came in a box lol.

The box looks wide enough to contain two treehouses- reckon the lazy b*stards pull one out and post in a plastic bag and the other stays in the box.

Edited by whoisbiggles

If anyone here is interested / capable of buying a large new and used set collection , send me a PM. Even heavily discounted from BL prices , just the used sets are pushing 10 grand.  Plenty of new and sealed desirable , long retired sets to be calculated yet. Will discount further for the right buyer who takes the lot , but I’m realistic.  Will split used sets into themes if required , but that’s it. 
Pick up only obviously. Sets are in WA.

If anyone here is interested / capable of buying a large new and used set collection , send me a PM. Even heavily discounted from BL prices , just the used sets are pushing 10 grand.  Plenty of new and sealed desirable , long retired sets to be calculated yet. Will discount further for the right buyer who takes the lot , but I’m realistic.  Will split used sets into themes if required , but that’s it. 
Pick up only obviously. Sets are in WA.
Getting out of the game now? Furious_George?

• 3 weeks later...