Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Alucard1982 said:

Do an arm sweep for me mate, and I’ll pay you a commission lol

haha, there was only 4 and 3 on the shelf. Be putting these away with the batmobile GWP's...........

Love the look they give - have to bite the tongue and not ask how come they are selling GWP sets.

Be keeping my eye out for the Hot rod GWP,.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, whoisbiggles said:

More SW GWP sets for sale at local Lego shop:

Battle of Endor

Death Star Battle

Both @ $24.99 each - money for jam if you're close to a store.

which store mate, Chermside>? And am I too late?

On 7/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, whoisbiggles said:

haha, there was only 4 and 3 on the shelf. Be putting these away with the batmobile GWP's...........

Love the look they give - have to bite the tongue and not ask how come they are selling GWP sets.

Be keeping my eye out for the Hot rod GWP,.

Never mind, I scooped up a bunch of GWB for 24.99 a pop.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Chermside had year of the rat, and 40371 Easter Egg last week.

I found the Star Wars and Batman ones at the dreamworld store - and I took them all (which was 4,3 and 4 batmobiles)

40433? Damn! I never saw that. 

3 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Welcome to ‘straya! 
Get this up ya! 🤣🤣🤣

D1C887AF-3DDB-4AE1-94DF-E37BF7C2EFD8.png

"C'mere sl*t! (Shady, wait a minute, that's my girl dog!)
I don't give a f**k, God sent me to piss the world off!"

Edited by ED-209

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the reduction in jobkeeper/jobseeker benefits and the reality that we are in a WuFlu recession has finally hit home.

Haven't sold a thing on Fleabay for 2 weeks. FBM and BL still ticking over.

Sure as hell was a great run whilst in lasted. Inventory has dropped from 1100 sets to 400 since the start of the year.

Time to pay the ATO and get ready for Xmas.

2 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Looks like the reduction in jobkeeper/jobseeker benefits and the reality that we are in a WuFlu recession has finally hit home.

Sure as hell was a great run whilst in lasted. Inventory has dropped from 1100 sets to 400 since the start of the year.

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that. Was selling heaps in first half of year but since August it has dried up. Getting ready to sell some non-profit sets at cost price to have some money for black-Friday sales. Hopefully Christmas may be better this year as well. You're right about tax time, unbelievable how much a hobby has earned without much effort since March- July.

Also seems to be a lot more 'investors' then ever before, really hard to get some sets that normally would not be "out of stock" I haven't been able to get the Tree House, it seems to disappear within minutes now. Although with Lego relisting the Saturn V in November along with Ship In A Bottle, Idea sets are a bit riskier investment sets now. 

51 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Ebay telling me there’s a 20% drop in LEGO sales compared to this time last year. I’d be wary of stocking up too much for Christmas. It might be a very quiet one...

• Like 2

With the government pulling back on whatever scheme they are doing....people are getting wary of spending I guess. I am lucky to still have a job and buy some lego but everywhere else seems to be doing it tough.
Agreed that Xmas and New Year will be a quiet one... but hopefully next year will be better for all.

• Like 1