Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

First toy market since Covid on the weekend.

Quite small one, ($20 seller fee) only 200 - 300 patrons, but a good opportunity to get the cobwebs out (finding the square reader, updating the software linking to new device, etc)

Sold 15 of the 25 BNIB sets (all sub $70) a measly 6 polybags.

The big winner was Miss 14 who had since Xmas pulled out of my bulk buys and pieced together and rebuilt around 60, mostly City vehicle sets and sold 52, at between $10 - $15 each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoisbiggles said:

First toy market since Covid on the weekend.

Quite small one, ($20 seller fee) only 200 - 300 patrons, but a good opportunity to get the cobwebs out (finding the square reader, updating the software linking to new device, etc)

Sold 15 of the 25 BNIB sets (all sub $70) a measly 6 polybags.

The big winner was Miss 14 who had since Xmas pulled out of my bulk buys and pieced together and rebuilt around 60, mostly City vehicle sets and sold 52, at between $10 - $15 each.

Good work mate. 👍

UCS ATAT update. Set comes in one giant box which then holds 4 slightly less giant boxes. Just finished box 1.

This thing is going to be epic in size.

• Thanks 1

Legs and base for the body is done. The legs are some ingenious creations I have to admit. The insides are sort of Technic with wheels and gear things. When completed , you set the leg bend angle with your funky LEGO built sort of socket driver.  
No idea when of if this thing is going to or will ever retire but this has winner written all over it. It’s the best LEGO set I have seen in a decade and is rapidly becoming my favourite ever UCS and we have the UCS shuttle and the republic Dropship with shuttle.

Would nt advise buying second hand to build. Just the legs have zillions of parts and if you’re missing even one you’re in the poo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was tossing up between this thread and the eBay fruitcakes thread.

I received a $1.30 FVF offer for everything listed in the month of November (along with lots of other sellers).

Sweet deal - cancelled all my listing and relisted via Sell Similar 😁. Past 7 days ~$700 of sales and $15.30 in FVF fees 😁 eBay you're the fruitcake, busy selling time and you've dished out the first decent offer in nearly year.

After 7 days eBay cancels the offer with 30 mins notice (as is there right and disclosed in the t&c's), and the fruitcake sellers start whining about not getting everything listed they wanted to 😆. Farck me no way they were going to let this run for the full month - I'd speculate someone at eBay Oz saw the weekly reports and realised something was amiss.

I've still got another ~80 listing that will end around the 14th of December which will get the same fee if they sell, just in time for shutting up prior to Xmas. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 10:27 PM, Pseudoty said:

I saw a new listing on EBay for only $19 USD from Australia plus Shipping. 

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/halloween-cat-mouse-40570

perhaps it is stolen hahaha

Because these are Lego store ( or licenced Lego franchise) exclusives, retail is 19.99 AUD.

Shipping costs to the US would likely be at least that much!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That Tie Helmet plus the NFVF promotion ebay keep giving me is money for old rope. These helmets were regularly $50 something on Amazon and now selling easy for $300. Was a surge in sales recently and having watched the latest mando last night , I now know why.

I knew that tie helmet was the set to get. Followed by stormy. The rest will be rubbish I’m betting as every man and his dog loads up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

That Tie Helmet plus the NFVF promotion ebay keep giving me is money for old rope. These helmets were regularly $50 something on Amazon and now selling easy for $300. Was a surge in sales recently and having watched the latest mando last night , I now know why.

I knew that tie helmet was the set to get. Followed by stormy. The rest will be rubbish I’m betting as every man and his dog loads up.

i tend to stay away from SW.