Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

• 2 weeks later...

You know it's one thing to be missing a few parts from a LEGO set, nobody likes that ... but how about when you buy a new pedestal sink and it's missing the mounting bracket? Like seriously, that's a pretty serious omission. Home Depot sucks.

You know it's one thing to be missing a few parts from a LEGO set, nobody likes that ... but how about when you buy a new pedestal sink and it's missing the mounting bracket? Like seriously, that's a pretty serious omission. Home Depot sucks.

​be happy you got the pedestal and sink.  If you buy them from Amazon they usually send you box 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 only.  Hence why I get so many on salvage loads. 

Same goes with the toilets.  You usually get the tank only.  

​be happy you got the pedestal and sink.  If you buy them from Amazon they usually send you box 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 only.  Hence why I get so many on salvage loads. 

Same goes with the toilets.  You usually get the tank only.  

​Well I called Home Depot and he opened another box that also didn't have the bracket... The instructions do say "if provided" except that the online spec sheet specifically shows it and gives it a part #. I'll be calling American Standard tomorrow.

I usually get both the tank and bowl... :)

I honestly can't imagine buying a sink and toilet from Amazon... I know they sell them, but it just seems wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I have major new respect for those of you who sell on ebay for your business (I am a collector mostly).  I am selling a LEGO item on eBay just now - buyer purchase item and has just sent me an email requesting that I ship the item on a certain date 3 weeks from today so it will arrive for a special weekend in July.  I am all for making the customer happy - I am the manager of a retail store - but this seems a little goofy to me.  I can only begin to imagine some of the things you guys go thru.  Anyway, much respect!

• Like 3

I have major new respect for those of you who sell on ebay for your business (I am a collector mostly).  I am selling a LEGO item on eBay just now - buyer purchase item and has just sent me an email requesting that I ship the item on a certain date 3 weeks from today so it will arrive for a special weekend in July.  I am all for making the customer happy - I am the manager of a retail store - but this seems a little goofy to me.  I can only begin to imagine some of the things you guys go thru.  Anyway, much respect!

​I don't really see the big deal... it's just a little bit of extra work for you, but you can ask the buyer for some more shipping cost since you might need to use special delivery service.

There are some good reasons why buyers might ask for this, I think the best one would be: out of town (or just in town for that weekend ;-) ).

If every ebay user would ask for that it might get complicated but that seems to be the exception.

Guest betsy805

​I will mention, if you are a top rated seller, that you would get charged a defect for not shipping within the specified time.  Learned that one the hard way.

​I would ship it normally and cite ebay rules and defects against sellers who do not ship on time. They can arrange all sorts of different things with the carrier to have it held, delivered to a different address, or delayed.

• Like 3

​I would ship it normally and cite ebay rules and defects against sellers who do not ship on time. They can arrange all sorts of different things with the carrier to have it held, delivered to a different address, or delayed.

​I would say that I get this type of request 6-8 times a year (mostly international buyers, who will be visiting the states).

I think that providing good customer service trumps the "rules are rules" too bad for you viewpoint.

​I would say that I get this type of request 6-8 times a year (mostly international buyers, who will be visiting the states).

I think that providing good customer service trumps the "rules are rules" too bad for you viewpoint.

I would agree with the exception that the request was done after purchase. Had the buyer had the courtesy to ask the seller prior to making the purchase the seller could have made the determination at that time.

I would agree with the exception that the request was done after purchase. Had the buyer had the courtesy to ask the seller prior to making the purchase the seller could have made the determination at that time.

​Still, it is little more than just an inconvenience. There is no auto defect for doing this. Yes, you will lose your auto 5-star for shipping time - but if they requested the delayed shipping, a buyer giving you a defect for that is extremely unlikely. Besides, if someone wants to ding you, they will - there is nothing to stop that.

If you are concerned about the 20% fee reduction - just print the label within your handling time, and then ship it later (as they requested).

This isn't "rules are rules", I advocate quoting the rules as why it should be shipped. But the ultimate reason is customers hold sellers responsible for problems in shipping even when it's outside the seller's control. If this item is for a special event, doesn't it make more sense to get the item to the destination city and let the customer get their logistics just right so it arrives when and where they want it?

I also believe the return/file a claim clock starts when the item is received, not purchased. I wouldn't want to add 3 weeks to that already excessively large time frame.

As you become more seasoned with selling, you can step outside the norms and make judgement calls (as KShine does). But I think you open yourself to a high risk low reward situation as a newer seller trying to go all out for a customer. 

Received my PC over the weekend and one of the flaps has a 3" tear and the back of the box is a little crushed with an indented line about 7" long. I've never gotten a set from LEGO Shop at Home in this bad a condition. I've heard of people getting 500 VIP points for buying damaged boxes but what about people receiving a damaged box? Should I call their customer service or bring it into the store? I don't think my store has any PC in stock for me to swap it with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by oneknightr

Received my PC over the weekend and one of the flaps has a 3" tear and the back of the box is a little crushed with an indented line about 7" long. I've never gotten a set from LEGO Shop at Home in this bad a condition. I've heard of people getting 500 VIP points for buying damaged boxes but what about people receiving a damaged box? Should I call their customer service or bring it into the store? I don't think my store has any PC in stock for me to swap it with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

The damaged items I've received extra points have been really damaged. What you're describing is what I've seen on the shelf with normal stock...

:crazy:

sometimes when this forum is really quiet I like to make up conspiracy theories for how TLG is out to get resellers and the more I think about it, the more I am convincing myself that TLG has sent a memo out to all it's retailers asking them to kick boxes once or twice before putting them into the shipping box, and in that way they'll (the retailer) do their part in fighting the scumbag reseller. Recently most of my packages have a arrived with a crushed corner or big dents in the middle.

/:crazy:

The damaged items I've received extra points have been really damaged. What you're describing is what I've seen on the shelf with normal stock...​ 

Would you mind describing what "really damaged" is to you? To me a 3" tear across the entire flap like mine is really damaged to me, but maybe I'm just too picky?

:crazy:

sometimes when this forum is really quiet I like to make up conspiracy theories for how TLG is out to get resellers and the more I think about it, the more I am convincing myself that TLG has sent a memo out to all it's retailers asking them to kick boxes once or twice before putting them into the shipping box, and in that way they'll (the retailer) do their part in fighting the scumbag reseller. Recently most of my packages have a arrived with a crushed corner or big dents in the middle.

/:crazy:

​Since they moved the warehouse, almost every item has been damaged, including a polybag. I called many years ago & CS basically said they couldn't care less...

Would you mind describing what "really damaged" is to you? To me a 3" tear across the entire flap like mine is really damaged to me, but maybe I'm just too picky?

​The items they've offered that I've seen look like they held the item up as high as they can & then dropped it on it's corner...

My Winter Soldier polybag put a huge denty rub area on my PS when they shipped it.  I HATE when they don't put the polybag on the side or in between the papers so it doesn't rub against the box.  People are super picky about box condition and when there is a crease or damage people hesitate buying.

My Winter Soldier polybag put a huge denty rub area on my PS when they shipped it.  I HATE when they don't put the polybag on the side or in between the papers so it doesn't rub against the box.  People are super picky about box condition and when there is a crease or damage people hesitate buying.​ 

My thoughts exactly. I think a lot of buyers will pass mine over because of the big tear. So has anyone here been successful with getting bonus VIP points for receiving a damaged box?