Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

everytime my wife makes me a pb&j sandwich the peanut butter is on the top 

Turn the sandwich upside down.  You can thank me later.

Believe it or not, my oldest kid used to insist that the PB was on the bottom and if I accidentally did it the other way (and he saw it) I had to trick him into believing I had made another sandwich because turning it around wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, my oldest kid used to insist that the PB was on the bottom and if I accidentally did it the other way (and he saw it) I had to trick him into believing I had made another sandwich because turning it around wasn't good enough.

Yep, my head would spin.

How do people not understand the repercussions of posting some of our deals on SD such as CT & 10695 so Walmart has to raise the prices? I assume that the poster must not have the funds to purchase so they post on the there so the rest of us can't enjoy it any longer. READ: CT went from $30. to $35. to $40. to $45. to $49. Now 10695 went from $20. to $30...Complaint over, next time I'll purchase everything I want on day one. Carry on...

• Like 1

How do people not understand the repercussions of posting some of our deals on SD such as CT & 10695 so Walmart has to raise the prices? I assume that the poster must not have the funds to purchase so they post on the there so the rest of us can't enjoy it any longer. READ: CT went from $30. to $35. to $40. to $45. to $49. Now 10695 went from $20. to $30...Complaint over, next time I'll purchase everything I want on day one. Carry on...

Agreed, this is absolutely ridiculous. Either you are part of this family or not. Don't try and live in both houses because eventually one of them won't let you back in. Brickpicker is much better community as well. We aren't trying to buy up every single deal on anything that ever was sold in a store. We are only here for LEGO. Let them have their crap and we will enjoy our LEGO.
  • Like 3

Agreed, this is absolutely ridiculous. Either you are part of this family or not. Don't try and live in both houses because eventually one of them won't let you back in. Brickpicker is much better community as well. We aren't trying to buy up every single deal on anything that ever was sold in a store. We are only here for LEGO. Let them have their crap and we will enjoy our LEGO.

If one had to pay for brickpicker we wouldn't be in said situation.
  • Like 1

The 10695 sale/special was advertised in walmart's weekly ad. Eventually. Think some may be reading a bit too far into this.

Yup...here we go again. Four rare sets and four different photo backgrounds. No paypal accepted. They'll be shut down shortly. They do accept personal check though...oddly.

Edited by minicoopers11

While I would like to continue to be in denial (that my hair might be starting to thin) - My first case of sunburn (on the top of my head) might be telling a different story.

Some people are asked by the waitress how many bottles they want and they answer 23. But for me, the hair gods asked me what age I wanted my hair to thin, I answered 102, but they decided on 23.

• Like 1

If one had to pay for brickpicker we wouldn't be in said situation.

One could make a case for a pay BrickPicker site.  Then again, one could think of many negatives to it as well.  The idea of a premium pay portion of the site comes up in conversation constantly, but we don't want to hurt the basic dynamics of the site.  As was the case with the NON-LEGO discussions, there comes a point where it can hurt the core user of the site.  Many BrickPicker members are not vocal or big time resellers, so why cater to the vocal minority?  

There is no perfect solution.  If you charge people, you might lose some important information from some members who use the site on a limited basis.  If you charge, then people will expect more and complain more.  That was the idea of the INVESTorSELL.com site.  We saw there was an interest in the NON-LEGO products, but it was dominating the discussion board at times and was filled with adult oriented topics.  The solution was to create another, less regulated site in which people could divert some of their discussions.  Have you joined and contributed?  I mean, afterall, we designed it for YOU!  LOL

• Like 2

One could make a case for a pay BrickPicker site. Then again, one could think of many negatives to it as well. The idea of a premium pay portion of the site comes up in conversation constantly, but we don't want to hurt the basic dynamics of the site. As was the case with the NON-LEGO discussions, there comes a point where it can hurt the core user of the site. Many BrickPicker members are not vocal or big time resellers, so why cater to the vocal minority?

There is no perfect solution. If you charge people, you might lose some important information from some members who use the site on a limited basis. If you charge, then people will expect more and complain more. That was the idea of the INVESTorSELL.com site. We saw there was an interest in the NON-LEGO products, but it was dominating the discussion board at times and was filled with adult oriented topics. The solution was to create another, less regulated site in which people could divert some of their discussions. Have you joined and contributed? I mean, afterall, we designed it for YOU! LOL

hey ed, I havnt responded to email yet been very busy. Will tonight.

To-be blunt though and tell me what I'm missing but do those readers of bper who are on here from time to time really matter? Who has ever Cotributed anything either financially or info wise that isn't an established member on brickpicker? Id rather have 30 people who use affiliate links, spends lots of money, and Contribute info and also chit chat and make the place fun. Beats having 8687568 members who just..... Lurk and / or annoy. The minority is what made bper fun and the big time resellers are obviously the ones spending the most. If you want brickpicker to be a place about lego and fun for all ages if you will then my opinions of how the site should be are off course. If bper is to make money and be how it was isn't the minority the actual majority and little Johnny is irrelevant.

A select few buying thousands on a weekly basis would be better then the majority buying a lego set every once in awhile and asking silly questions.

Just to clarify, my wife does not make me pb&j sandwhiches, my joke was referring to peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other.  And besides, I eat uncrustables anyway LOL. (by the way, the new hazelnut ones are da bomb, it's like nutella between bread). Glad everyone got a laugh

• Like 2

hey ed, I havnt responded to email yet been very busy. Will tonight.

To-be blunt though and tell me what I'm missing but do those readers of bper who are on here from time to time really matter? Who has ever Cotributed anything either financially or info wise that isn't an established member on brickpicker? Id rather have 30 people who use affiliate links, spends lots of money, and Contribute info and also chit chat and make the place fun. Beats having 8687568 members who just..... Lurk and / or annoy. The minority is what made bper fun and the big time resellers are obviously the ones spending the most. If you want brickpicker to be a place about lego and fun for all ages if you will then my opinions of how the site should be are off course. If bper is to make money and be how it was isn't the minority the actual majority and little Johnny is irrelevant.

A select few buying thousands on a weekly basis would be better then the majority buying a lego set every once in awhile and asking silly questions.

I am not following this logic.  Both Brickpicker and InvestorSell are owned by the same people.  It does not matter if the affiliate links are located and clicked here or at InvestorSale, the affiliate dollars still goes to the same pockets.  

To be honest, the money making opportunities on non LEGO items quickly outgrew the old "other toys" thread.  New opportunities and questions got buried under stories.  That thing was hard to navigate.   InvestorSell is just the next evolution of that thread where more in depth discussions on multiple items can take place.

Also, I do not remember Ed or Jeff said it was either BP or Investorsell.  Everyone is still welcome to post LEGO related contents here on BP.  

ETA: sorry for going off topic :)

I am not following this logic. Both Brickpicker and InvestorSell are owned by the same people. It does not matter if the affiliate links are located and clicked here or at InvestorSale, the affiliate dollars still goes to the same pockets.

To be honest, the money making opportunities on non LEGO items quickly outgrew the old "other toys" thread. New opportunities and questions got buried under stories. That thing was hard to navigate. InvestorSell is just the next evolution of that thread where more in depth discussions on multiple items can take place.

Also, I do not remember Ed or Jeff said it was either BP or Investorsell. Everyone is still welcome to post LEGO related contents here on BP.

ETA: sorry for going off topic :)

investorsell does not cater to qfll on any way. It's essentially a chat room to talk about other stuff. As opposed to an up to the minute thread. Hence, why it's not being utilized and most are using other means to communicate. Are we to be vocal and express ideas or remain quiet. So many mixed messages.