Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

what is the recommendation from the employee? 

Sorry, she wasn't talking to the employee, she was just talking to me but there happened to be an employee there.

DO the employees really care what you are going to do with your sets? I mean has any employee said " No, you can't buy that set, because you're going to make money off it."   

Probably not, but I guess to me and apparently to lazuli16 it just feels awkward and it's not really their business what you do with your sets.  I'm guessing that most Lego employees at this point realize that there is a sizable population of their customers that are just investing in sets - I wonder how many of the actual employees do this themselves if they get some kind of discount.

2 words: Ponytail Boy

Sorry, I guess I'm too new here  - what's this reference too?  Just curious ;)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

from what I've gathered pony boy is a local lego store (southern CA i think) who takes his job to seriously.  I'm sure/hope someone will retell a story

Also when CL people ask if a Lego set is still available but do not follow up when I say "yes". It's been happening a lot lately. 

It's been happening a lot lately to me as well.  I message them back and they don't respond.  I then follow that up with another e-mail telling them I'll knock a couple bucks off if they really want it and they still don't respond. WTF?

I've been reading about the Death Star getting sold out yesterday & today but not one person on BP told me it was retired. I had to find out by watching a video...

No one has said it here because there is no solid proof. Nothing I've seen from LEGO says it's retired. However, it's probably done.
  • Like 1

I do shift work and I came home early from afternoon shift just after my sons bedtime the other night. I live in a townhouse complex and my sons room is above the garage door. I parked my little Honda Jazz (scooter) 6ft in from my front door so I didn't wake him opening the garage door. The next morning we get up to head to the water park and you guessed it, my little jazz was stolen. This is the main reason why I don't order things online and have them delivered to my place. The real kick in the nuts is I can't cancel the insurance on it because I still own it and if it gets in an accident I'm liable. So not in a happy place at the moment!

I do shift work and I came home early from afternoon shift just after my sons bedtime the other night. I live in a townhouse complex and my sons room is above the garage door. I parked my little Honda Jazz (scooter) 6ft in from my front door so I didn't wake him opening the garage door. The next morning we get up to head to the water park and you guessed it, my little jazz was stolen. This is the main reason why I don't order things online and have them delivered to my place. The real kick in the nuts is I can't cancel the insurance on it because I still own it and if it gets in an accident I'm liable. So not in a happy place at the moment!

Reporting it stolen doesn't release you from the insurance...?

christmas-story-oh-fudge-o.gif

That sucks.  I hope you have a competent police department that finds it soon.