Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

investorsell does not cater to qfll on any way. It's essentially a chat room to talk about other stuff. As opposed to an up to the minute thread. Hence, why it's not being utilized and most are using other means to communicate. Are we to be vocal and express ideas or remain quiet. So many mixed messages.

The perfect time to bring any improvement ideas to Jeff and Ed.  The site is barely 1 month old, feel free to be vocal on how to improve investorsell over there or via PM to the Macks.  

Brickpicker is really not the appropriate place to post your ideas on investorsell since technically investorsell.com is not LEGO related.

investorsell does not cater to qfll on any way. It's essentially a chat room to talk about other stuff. As opposed to an up to the minute thread. Hence, why it's not being utilized and most are using other means to communicate. Are we to be vocal and express ideas or remain quiet. So many mixed messages.

With all due respect, if you guys are choosing to talk about QFLL'ing using other means like a private mailing list, then you have nobody to blame but yourselves that invest or sell doesn't cater to quick flipping low lifes. Jeff and Ed went out of their way to provide you guys with a place you could turn into the ultimate destination for all kinds of these topics and ideas... Not to mention that plenty of people still talk about flipping Lego sets right here at BP.

So to keep this on topic........

I'm tired of all this. I get enough crap at work from the moron clients I'm working for. I'd like to get back to LEGO now and continue hating on raven for acquiring the UCS Tie and Kwik-e-Mart so early..

• Like 1

I'm tired of all this. I get enough crap at work from the moron clients I'm working for. I'd like to get back to LEGO now and continue hating on raven for acquiring the UCS Tie and Kwik-e-Mart so early..

And isn't it Raven who keeps finding Joker's Bumper Car polybags, too?  Do we need to get our pitchforks out?

• Like 2

Who says it doesn't?  Or can't?  If you choose to use it that way and have enough active people, it will work great.  I really don't care if you discuss quick flipping there.  I told you there would be limited moderation there and I meant it.  I will talk to Jeff about adding a Quick Flipping category and possibly a chat room.  I think I am being pretty fair here and giving your small minority of members some excellent options.  Jeff is also working on sales trackers for the site and a price guide.  But you guys need to join and share your ideas there.  We cannot read minds.  

• Like 1

hey ed, I havnt responded to email yet been very busy. Will tonight.

To-be blunt though and tell me what I'm missing but do those readers of bper who are on here from time to time really matter? Who has ever Cotributed anything either financially or info wise that isn't an established member on brickpicker? Id rather have 30 people who use affiliate links, spends lots of money, and Contribute info and also chit chat and make the place fun. Beats having 8687568 members who just..... Lurk and / or annoy. The minority is what made bper fun and the big time resellers are obviously the ones spending the most. If you want brickpicker to be a place about lego and fun for all ages if you will then my opinions of how the site should be are off course. If bper is to make money and be how it was isn't the minority the actual majority and little Johnny is irrelevant.

A select few buying thousands on a weekly basis would be better then the majority buying a lego set every once in awhile and asking silly questions.

Problem is that a select few never buys thousands and if they do, they are not using the affiliate links.  At least not what we see.  I think you overestimate what people really buy and stockpile.  As I have stated many times, the NON-LEGO discussions would enter areas of discussion that did not have a place on a site designed around LEGO bricks.  Really, use the INVESTorSELL.com site.  It's what you are looking for.  

• Like 2

Going way of topic on the complaint thread, but what happened to the investorsell app? That's why I am not using the site. I have limited access to a computer during the day so I rely on my phone notifications. Investorsell I don't get those notifications so I don't know if anything new is happening .

Going way of topic on the complaint thread, but what happened to the investorsell app? That's why I am not using the site. I have limited access to a computer during the day so I rely on my phone notifications. Investorsell I don't get those notifications so I don't know if anything new is happening .

It should be close. I believe Jeff said he had one about ready to submit to the app marketplaces.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, my wife does not make me pb&j sandwhiches, my joke was referring to peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other. And besides, I eat uncrustables anyway LOL. (by the way, the new hazelnut ones are da bomb, it's like nutella between bread). Glad everyone got a laugh

Your posts are LIES!!!
  • Like 1

I buy most of my sets from AWD since I don't really care about box condition. I thought I had seen it all. Stolen figures, duplo in place of a set. But today is a new low.

Every bag in this architecture set was cut open and resealed with tape. I assumed they stole the name plate but nope, it's there. I then thought maybe Amazon opened all the bags to inventory the parts? Hrm, book's spine is broken in. What is going on?

Check some parts. Very scratched. Fingerprints everywhere. Teeth marks. Oh, I get it. Someone built this and then returned it, but before they did they must have let their kid or dog play with it. Unreal.

I buy most of my sets from AWD since I don't really care about box condition. I thought I had seen it all. Stolen figures, duplo in place of a set. But today is a new low.

Every bag in this architecture set was cut open and resealed with tape. I assumed they stole the name plate but nope, it's there. I then thought maybe Amazon opened all the bags to inventory the parts? Hrm, book's spine is broken in. What is going on?

Check some parts. Very scratched. Fingerprints everywhere. Teeth marks. Oh, I get it. Someone built this and then returned it, but before they did they must have let their kid or dog play with it. Unreal.

Did the box look mint like it was never opened? How about the condition of the seals?

• 2 weeks later...

"Item in hand. Ready to ship!!!"

This annoys me way more than it should. Your item is ready to ship?! You don't say! If it's not a freaking PRE-ORDER, then your item BETTER be ready to ship! And I don't CARE if it is in your hand or not. Dropship gets it to me all the same. /rant

Lol. I really don't care that much. It's just silly to see. Especially on Bricklink and especially when it is not listed on every item, leading one to possibly think, "Wait, that one is ready to ship, so is that other one NOT ready to ship?"

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 3

Some A-hole got my debit card info and used it at 2 different Stop and Shops in Connecticut. I live in Massachusetts. At least it was only for about $200 before I noticed.

Sorry to hear that. Here's a bit of advice. I rarely use my debit card. The only time I use it is if I need money from my bank's ATM. If there's fraud on your debit card, it takes directly from your checking account and getting reimbursed is a little hard. I use my credit cards for everything. The cc's fraud department is very good about reversing fraudulent charges right away, and since the cc isn't linked to your checking account, you're not out any money while you wait for the charges to be reversed.

Back to the complaint thread: Why are Magna-tiles so damn expensive!! I found a super deal on craigslist a while back and both my kids (7 and 2) love them and play with them the most out of all the toys they have (even Lego). I want to get more but have yet to see another deal on them.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

Guest betsy805

3 out of 3 of the bricklink orders I placed last week have items missing....I understand things happen, but seriously, ALL of my orders!  

3 out of 3 of the bricklink orders I placed last week have items missing....I understand things happen, but seriously, ALL of my orders!  

​depends on where you are ordering from. but following have been my experience:

a. if one orders quantities closer to the listed limit (its likely that one is going to be short on the count). for example if the seller has 2X4 black 3020 available 120 and the order is also 120. its fairly possible with likely outcome that its going to be short.

b. high volume items like pins mostly will be shorted. eg. if the order for 3000 parts. then its fair that it would be short few numbers. but not always. some sellers have actually sent me few hundred more on 1000s orders. overall in my experience mostly they are short than over :)

last but not the least i have found a lot of sellers (more than 10 so far in my purchases from over 200+ sellers) that they would ship the item short on count and some tell you and refund you. some don't tell you anything but refund you the same day you receive the item.

very few actually (only 1 of 200 so far) who sent me a message saying hey we are short the count does this change anything on the order... i have been buying from that person ever since. have ordered over few thousand worth of parts.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 2

Guest betsy805

​depends on where you are ordering from. but following have been my experience:

a. if one orders quantities closer to the listed limit (its likely that one is going to be short on the count)

b. high volume items like pins mostly will be shorted.

last but not the least i have found a lot of sellers (more than 10 so far in my purchases from over 200+ sellers) that they would ship the item short on count and some tell you and refund you. some don't tell you anything but refund you the same day you receive the item.

very few actually (only 1 of 200 so far) who sent me a message saying hey we are short the count does this change anything on the order... i have been buying from that person ever since. have ordered over few thousand worth of parts.

​I agree.  I sell a lot on bricklink and ALWAYS verify with customer before they pay if I'm short on something and see if they'd still like to order anyway.  Just seems shady otherwise....what if that one piece was the whole reason for their order right?!  

​I agree.  I sell a lot on bricklink and ALWAYS verify with customer before they pay if I'm short on something and see if they'd still like to order anyway.  Just seems shady otherwise....what if that one piece was the whole reason for their order right?!  

​yes especially if you have lot limit and minimum purchase limit.

I think I've complained about this before, but I hate doing user support. We have a training site with generic usernames and passwords...  I just found out that a few users have changed their production site passwords to the same as the training site so they don't have to remember too many passwords.

At least our training site uses a fairly strong password as the generic one... :banghead:

I think I've complained about this before, but I hate doing user support. We have a training site with generic usernames and passwords...  I just found out that a few users have changed their production site passwords to the same as the training site so they don't have to remember too many passwords.

At least our training site uses a fairly strong password as the generic one... :banghead:

PASSWORD maybe????

PASSWORD maybe????

​Haha, no.. we have the min length, mix of upper/lower and a number setup so they at least would have to use Passw0rd or something. :)

But seriously? This is a medical system that is full of patient information... a data breach is a serious thing and they all know it.

USPS is just incompetent. They have lost the last package of mine. I will be going UPS 100% of the time now. I don't know what else to do. And all the insurance in the world doesn't help when they lose (steal) them before they scan them in.