Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

USPS just delivered a set I shipped to the buyer in late November. I feel as though Priority might have been misleading. I had refunded the buyer weeks ago. They were nice enough to message me and ask for a return label. We ended up negotiating to a discounted price and they kept it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, coelian said:

Any qfll for this set? 

ErNR4sgXMAY33i2.jpeg

There are some quite brutal videos out there of how they were pushing against the Capital Police and the police holding the line and pushing back eventually.  I'm seriously impressed with the police that this didn't turn into something comparable to Tiananmen square because it easily could have.

There are some quite brutal videos out there of how they were pushing against the Capital Police and the police holding the line and pushing back eventually.  I'm seriously impressed with the police that this didn't turn into something comparable to Tiananmen square because it easily could have.

Did you also see where they were let right in on more than a few different barricades. Can’t believe you actually believe they broke through. They were let in for a reason.
  • Like 1

Just now, chinothegeeko said:

Did you also see where they were let right in on more than a few different barricades. Can’t believe you actually believe they broke through. They were let in for a reason.

I did see that too.  However, there were locations where the police held their ground.    

Also, never say "can't believe you" because that just makes your statement fall apart as you do not know everything that I believe or have seen either.  Thank you and no problem on the misunderstanding.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

They were let in for a reason.

I saw those videos too and looked more into it.  Certain barricades were 15-20 popo vs 1000s of armed hillbillies.  Authorities came out and said those were barricades were set up further away and outside the capital only meant to buy time to get the Reps off the floor. Bike gear with batons trying to combat a riot mob, suicide mission.  Believe what you may.

I don't believe they were necessary 'let in' by capital police. More fitting would be the appropriate security wasn't allowed for a certain reason.

Months earlier there were snipers on the roof and riot geared guardsmen.  This could have easily been prevented.  

I did see that too.  However, there were locations where the police held their ground.    

Also, never say "can't believe you" because that just makes your statement fall apart as you do not know everything that I believe or have seen either.  Thank you and no problem on the misunderstanding.  

Agree police held ground in certain areas but they were only threatened by body force and not weapons.

Of course it could have been prevented. Ask why wasn’t it and there will be our answer hopefully someday

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Agree police held ground in certain areas but they were only threatened by body force and not weapons.

Of course it could have been prevented. Ask why wasn’t it and there will be our answer hopefully someday

Maybe the answer was lack of preparation. Could it be that simple?

3 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Why would the Capitol not be at full protection knowing what congress was doing that day or any day. That doesn’t make sense

Maybe manpower issues with Covid? Maybe that was full protection with the available workers. Do you know something the rest of us don't? What is your hypothesis? That some, but not all of the police were involved in letting them in?

Edited by iahawks550

If enough people are pressed/pushing against a smaller number of people, that line will not hold.

Now why the building can't truly be securely locked down is another question. I think it is similar to how over the years random individuals have gotten into the white house with ease (It's never been a problem before, so no one considers it a concern.)

• Like 1

Maybe manpower issues with Covid? Maybe that was full protection with the available workers. Do you know something the rest of us don't? What is your hypothesis? That some, but not all of the police were involved in letting them in?

Wish I did know something but I don’t. We just don’t agree which is fine. There is video of cops telling people that trump said it was ok and to go through. Also video of a cop basically showing the people where to go but acting like he was being chased.

24 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

There are videos of some manning the line removing the gates and letting people through. And then they went through to a building with open doors...the security manning the line couldn't coordinate that? Doors can be closed and locked, I know because I do this with my own house. The security situation was a complete joke.

And as far as manpower, it seems offers of guard reinforcements from MD were rejected. Repeatedly. That could have been coordinated in advance, too.

Edited by minicoopers11

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

There are videos of some manning the line removing the gates and letting people through. And then they went through to a building with open doors...the security manning the line couldn't coordinate that? Doors can be closed and locked, I know because I do this with my own house. The security situation was a complete joke.

If that's the case, they should be charged. 

My opinion:

IN terms of preparation; this was a "group think" scenario peppered w/ ProTrump sentiment by decision makers.

The reason the head of Capitol police and Sergeant of Arms are being fired is because they basically supported Trump and let that bias their job.

Early on in the prep someone decided that a show of strength was not necessary.  Those individuals again should lose their jobs and/or face political embarrassment for such a mis-calculation.

In the aftermath it's very interesting to see who:

• Thinks this was a 9-11 equivalent scenario
  • Thinks This was the "finale" of the real life "reality TV sequel to The Apprentice (ie sees it all as entertainment)
  • think This was the last straw and a line was cross
  • think Nothing to see here, just some "over zealous protestors trespassing and taking selfies (astonishing [to me] that this is Limbaugh's take)

19 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

This is my main question. The chamber should have some sort of fortification ability.

The building is considered to be a historical shrine, so they try not to change things (and mostly haven't needed to). I am sure there are also strict preservation rules/regulations that can make it impossible at times.

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

armed hillbillies.

Obviously hillbilly can be a term to describe an individual regardless of political opinion. If I were a strategist for the DNC, and used tactics not uncommon to what we do all around the world, I would have embedded individuals to instigate chaos and violence to push my objective. We will probably never know who paid who to do what but the vast majority of people out there were exercising one of greatest rights. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1