Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 hour ago, chinothegeeko said:

Also lots of activity throughout the day and especially night yesterday at my local air force base. Something is going down.

There are real world threats that I assume took part in our current events. These actors are probably accelerating global strategy to properly utilize US political unrest. 4 years with out new global conflict was nice. Unfortunately, I think that is coming to an end and the next conflict will be large scale with a capable adversary.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Not sure where you are from but you are part of this. Everything going on now is bigger than the US.

What is that meant to mean?

The end of US cultural hegemony will be viewed very differently by many different people in very different parts of the world?

Or do you mean something different? NWO?Β 

Β 

The fight between the different sections of your society are fed by the wealthy that control both sides of your political spectrum and make you all hate eachother. I really hope those lower classes can come together and realise they all deserve a much much bigger portion of the countries wealth.

It's pretty true in much of the world but the US is studied and its documented so clearly.Β 

2 minutes ago, Lukish said:

Be given everything? Who said that?

A bigger share of the pie does not equal the whole pie. :s

but why, so you are saying given people stuff, i agree, stuff can help like tax breaks etc etc, but this help people who wont help themselves has to stop.

i know that comes across as bit of a ****, but nowadays its just excuse after excuse to not help yourself.

Edited by joneyyy1981
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

but why, so you are saying given people stuff, i agree, stuff can help like tax breaks etc etc, but this help people who wont help themselves has to stop.

I know soooo many people that work multiple jobs and pay their taxes and barely scrap by. My sister has been made redundant 3 times and always worked her arse off with over 40 hour weeks. Edit: like 70% of kids in poverty in the UK live in working families

Reduce our taxes and increase them on the wealthiest that own most of our countries.

There's no competition to Amazon it literally has us all over a barrel, the least it could do is pay its workers a living wage so we don't have to help these people with our taxes.Β 

Edited by Lukish

Just now, Lukish said:

So why you shilling for the rich?Β 

You deserve more brother.

Your taxes pay so the wealthy don't have to.

i'm not shilling for the rich, i'm just not a fan of the attitude of 'i'm entitled to more because of'

yes google & amazon should pay more tax etc but end of the day, my kids & your kids 99% most likely was offered the same education & start in life, if mine wants to sit on his ass all day & yours opts for education, why should you child subsidize mine forever...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i'm not shilling for the rich, i'm just not a fan of the attitude of 'i'm entitled to more because of'

yes google & amazon should pay more tax etc but end of the day, my kids & your kids 99% most likely was offered the same education & start in life, if mine wants to sit on his ass all day & yours opts for education, why should you child subsidize mine forever...

You're entitled to more because your labour and hard work is worth more.

The opposite I'm really less of a fan of "you don't deserve anything and shall live a life of subsistence because you do not produce what the market/capitalists want". If your child was disabled or even just struggling my kid would get a kick up the backside for not helping yours out.

And most likely not, the quality of schools are remarkably different across the country. The ability for my parents to send me to one of the best in the country and pay tutors to help whenever it was needed sure did give me a massive leg up. And that pales in comparison the kids with hereditary wealth where they were gifted millions in housing for 18th birthdays, access to free accountants and lawyers from parents firms to start their own businesses, it's anything but a level playing field. When you realise just how rich the wealthy are, its mind boggling they get away with it.

And do so little work for it.

18 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

because we are a community, and no one makes their own fortune.Β  There are myriad examples, but the easiest is this: without roads, bridges and interstates that all of our parents and grandparent's paid for there is no way to build Amazon.Β  Sure, some people work harder than others, but 99% of people would prefer to do work that is meaningful if given the opportunity.Β  I have been way more successful than I would have imagined, and If I am honest, a ton of it has been luck.Β  Maybe I wouldn't have been lucky if I wasn't also working for it, but I can count MANY different ways where the same work resulted in me being poor.Β 

And if you think that the 151st billion is the reason Jeff Bezos goes to work...

Capitalsim requires us to reinvest the capital... The government has historically been pretty good at reinvesting capital in ways that make it easier for us all to make more capital.

Also, this...

Β 

Edited by House Schubert
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

because we are a community, and no one makes their own fortune.Β  There are myriad examples, but the easiest is this: without roads, bridges and interstates that all of our parents and grandparent's paid for there is no way to build Amazon.Β  Sure, some people work harder than others, but 99% of people would prefer to do work that is meaningful if given the opportunity.Β  I have been way more successful than I would have imagined, and If I am honest, a ton of it has been luck.Β  Maybe I wouldn't have been lucky if I wasn't also working for it, but I can count MANY different ways where the same work resulted in me being poor.

I wish this were true, I really do, but the more and more the government gives just erodes this out of people.Β 

I also agree that luck has a lot to do with success in life, but they say luck is the crossroads of preparation and opportunity.Β 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I wish this were true, I really do, but the more and more the government gives just erodes this out of people.Β 

I also agree that luck has a lot to do with success in life, but they say luck is the crossroads of preparation and opportunity.Β 

The majority of those that get government help are in work. If there is no help they are forced to work for less than living wages, we live in the 21st century, you guys in the wealthiest country on the planet and you still force people to live in poverty.

And literally every time I've met really wealthy people it's shocking how they never work.

When the government cuts support to schools, for transport, there is no opportunity. When they invest in all these areas the economy and people can grow too, and you canΒ afford this when the wealthiest pay their fair back in.

10 minutes ago, Lukish said:

you guys in the wealthiest country on the planet and you still force people to live in poverty.

It is also important to keep things into perspective. Poverty in the US (and inΒ most developed nations) looks very different from what poverty looks like in most other countries inΒ the world.

• Like 5

It is also important to keep things into perspective. Poverty in the US (and inΒ most developed nations) looks very different from what poverty looks like in most other countries inΒ the world.
This is absolutely true. I had the unpleasant opportunity to visit Djibouti a few times in the service. The squalor that the majority of the population lived in made me very happy to be born and raised in the US.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

100%

I work with a lot of individuals who are terrible with financials. It's one thing to complain that one lacks money, but when they walk in with Starbucks everyday, and order delivery food 3 days a week, I start to question whether it is more of a function of poor decision making more than anything else. I'm totally aware of people having money struggles, and that I'm currently standing on my soap box, but when a person is in debt and getting $100 haircuts, nails done twice a month, etc etc etc, a lifestyle change may be in order.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I always translate this type of think into its original language... "Because people live in shittierΒ conditions, it is ok for people to live in shitty conditions."Β 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spener90 said:

100%

I work with a lot of individuals who are terrible with financials. It's one thing to complain that one lacks money, but when they walk in with Starbucks everyday, and order delivery food 3 days a week, I start to question whether it is more of a function of poor decision making more than anything else. I'm totally aware of people having money struggles, and that I'm currently standing on my soap box, but when a person is in debt and getting $100 haircuts, nails done twice a month, etc etc etc, a lifestyle change may be in order.

absolutely true... but you are talking about specific individuals within an existing structure. I am talking about the structure.Β  People respond to incentives...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Dec 2nd 2020 43.5million Americans were living in poverty, that poverty is described as being unable to pay for their needs.

Perspective? Yeah, you're the richest country in the world yet compare your poverty to those in third world countries.

20 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

absolutely true... but you are talking about specific individuals within an existing structure. I am talking about the structure.Β  People respond to incentives...

Oh, I generally agree with responding to incentives. I'm generally in favor of a society that rewards positive growth and good behavior.

My general issue is that it seems like society generally has a massive addiction problem. Beyond the obvious culprits of drugs and alcohol, you also have issues with a significant amount of consumer products (Facebook, smart phones, video games) that are hugely reliant upon getting an individual hooked and keeping them hooked. It really begins to blur the lines between what is an individual choice and what isn't.

• Like 2