Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

9 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Haven't watched Jingle Jangle yet. Mulan was good if you don't compare it to the original animated movie. I actually liked Christmas Chronicles for the most part.

My complaint is Wonder Woman 1984. What a hot mess! Don't waste your time.

I enjoyed Chronicles part-2. Fair point on Mulan though hard to do 

Wife & I tried to watch Wonder Woman 84 last night... We made it 16 minutes in before turning it off...
What the holy hell did I just witness in that mall? That was cringe. Colorful. Stupid. Stereotypical.
I mean... I... I dont... What?! DC... what the...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Wife & I tried to watch Wonder Woman 84 last night... We made it 16 minutes in before turning it off...
What the holy hell did I just witness in that mall? That was cringe. Colorful. Stupid. Stereotypical.

I really wanted to like it…I thought the first one was well done. But this was just an overstuffed, overlong garish mess. And to top it off, no 80's music (which is really just about the only reason to set a movie in the 80's!)

24 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Yep.  I get it that she's a "superhero", but come on.  That was terrible.

• Like 1

Just now, Lego Lass said:

I really wanted to like it…I thought the first one was well done. But this was just an overstuffed, overlong garish mess. And to top it off, no 80's music (which is really just about the only reason to set a movie in the 80's!)

Agreed it was overlong and plays too much with stereotypes. The message was interesting about the dangers of wish fulfillment in the vehicle of fantasy franchises and it was somewhat refreshing to not see people being killed left and right. Still a poor outing though.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Agreed it was overlong and plays too much with stereotypes. The message was interesting about the dangers of wish fulfillment in the vehicle of fantasy franchises and it was somewhat refreshing to not see people being killed left and right. Still a poor outing though.  

The special effects in these DC movies are subpar, not anywhere near the level of Marvel/Star Wars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Gadot's acting skills are limited IMHO and the movie exposed that . 

Definitely agree…but she has a level of charisma that is good for the role of Wonder Woman. I compare that to Brie Larson, an Academy Award winning actress with zero charisma who was a terrible fit for Captain Marvel. Superhero movies don't necessarily require great acting…but the audience absolutely has to buy in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I take it you're not a John Wick fan then?

• Haha 1

Just now, exciter1 said:

The special effects in these DC movies are subpar, not anywhere near the level of Marvel/Star Wars.

I wonder if we'll see something different with the Synder cut? I've heard they poured in 70 million more in CGI and reshoots. 

Just now, gmpirate said:

I take it you're not a John Wick fan then?

Never seen it. Old Keanu angry about his dead dog doesn't really do it for me. 

1 minute ago, Lego Lass said:

Definitely agree…but she has a level of charisma that is good for the role of Wonder Woman. I compare that to Brie Larson, an Academy Award winning actress with zero charisma who was a terrible fit for Captain Marvel. Superhero movies don't necessarily require great acting…but the audience absolutely has to buy in.

LET ME SELL YOU A NISSAN CAR! LOOK AT HOW BADASS I AM DRIVING THIS CAR NOW.

OH WE'RE GOING ROGUE?!

😑

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

She does have great charisma, looks great as WW, and can perform much of the action convincingly.  The CG going on around her is what's off.  Much like Justice League, the effects look washed out.  I hated Steppenwolf as the villain in Justice League and he looked terrible.

• Like 1

It sounds like you didn’t make it past the opening ridiculousness. I don’t blame you. I don’t know that going back and continuing after that will make it any better, tho.

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

I watched a bunch of WW84 reviews on Youtube without actually watching the movie.  It was much more fun to see people' reaction to how bad the movie was :D

The critical drinker is one of my favorite review channels on youtube atm. I dig his sense of humor/sarcasm 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Spent NY eve with family and ignored the whole HP Book of Monsters shenanigans on LEGO Shop at Home.

Kind of weird I did not feel bad about missing out on easy :money: maker.  

It's still avail - I didn't want to read back, what happened exactly?

3 minutes ago, KShine said:

It's still avail - I didn't want to read back, what happened exactly?

Typical LEGO site not handling the load. Even worse, the only HP sets I remember available were Astronomy Tower and Moments.
Not worth missing family memories, and today there's a lot more desirable sets available (even if Backorder).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Typical LEGO site not handling the load. Even worse, the only HP sets I remember available were Astronomy Tower and Moments.
Not worth missing family memories, and today there's a lot more desirable sets available (even if Backorder).

Glad that it had slipped my mind last night. For me, the worst part isn't the lack of deals, etc. but the lasting frustration it causes, when I do end up trying to fall asleep.

• Like 1

Just spent 15 minutes looking for ebay managed payments transaction history or whatever to do my end of year accounting. I have been doing this half-heartedly and am letting myself get easily distracted, but still.

Edit: Click Sales. Sheesh. Too obvious for me to notice. I can't handle this

Edit edit: Wait, it's Payments at the top, that I wanted. Lol.

Edited by minicoopers11

I received two LEGO e-gift cards for Christmas.  However, I found out today that they cannot be used in the LEGO store!  What?!?  I have never heard of a retailer selling gift cards that cannot be used in the store.  And since who knows when LEGO Shop at Home will have any decent stock available, it may be awhile until I can actually use them on something I want.  Way to inconvenience your customers LEGO!

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, BuckeyeFanDan said:

I received two LEGO e-gift cards for Christmas.  However, I found out today that they cannot be used in the LEGO store!  What?!?  I have never heard of a retailer selling gift cards that cannot be used in the store.  And since who knows when LEGO Shop at Home will have any decent stock available, it may be awhile until I can actually use them on something I want.  Way to inconvenience your customers LEGO!

lol, yeah.  Good luck with that!