Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

9 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I can translate for you.

BS is short for bricks e ek. He hates going to bs to see all the sets that are on clearance at his local Walmart. Since 2020 is corona time, he can't go, unlike 2019 when he was free to go whenever he wanted. 

Nope.  There was no spectacular sales at Walmarts around me since most of their LEGO shelves barely had any set by June/July.  That website mostly show "Sold Out" on 1 column and MSRP on the next column. :P

35 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Gosh... I want to ask you to elaborate so bad, but...also...that’s the last thing I want to do. 

Good choice 

Someone placed an order on BL. Two hours later, emailed me and complained that they haven't been invoiced yet and want to buy it for their chronically ill kid. However, since I haven't replied, they want to cancel it since I haven't sent out the invoice.

Seriously, it's Friday afternoon here. WTF.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TANV said:

Someone placed an order on BL. Two hours later, emailed me and complained that they haven't been invoiced yet and want to buy it for their chronically ill kid. However, since I haven't replied, they want to cancel it since I haven't sent out the invoice.

Seriously, it's Friday afternoon here. WTF.

I will just cancel it. Even though you invoiced the buyer after their complaint, they will still whine you didn't ship out the package right away.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 7:21 PM, SLL said:

I will just cancel it. Even though you invoiced the buyer after their complaint, they will still whine you didn't ship out the package right away.

I cancelled it and took care of it. Then yesterday, someone else ordered the same set so it's ready to ship out today. Woohoo!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:
For heavier than 1 lb, anything above exact pound needs to be rounded up though.  So 2 lbs, 15 oz (or 2 lbs 1 oz) should be mailed as 3 lbs.

Not in my experience for USPS, they round down. But, I think for FEDEX, and UPS you are correct.

Just for education purposes.  Same box size, 2 lb vs 1 lb 1 oz per USPS website:

USPS.png

• Like 4

On 11/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, Shortbus311 said:
On 11/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Darth_Raichu said:
For heavier than 1 lb, anything above exact pound needs to be rounded up though.  So 2 lbs, 15 oz (or 2 lbs 1 oz) should be mailed as 3 lbs.

Not in my experience for USPS, they round down.

Where have you been experiencing this?

19 minutes ago, KShine said:

We stress over being a tenth of an ounce too heavy, or a quarter of an inch to big, yet I regularly receive these large 15 lb boxes with a 6 ounce first class label smacked on them (delivered without issue).

Something somewhere just ain't right.

I randomly saw on Paypal that I had been charged $16 worth of extra shipping across two packages sent out through Ebay on the same day. I visited the USPS website and was able to find out that I had apparently misweighed the items and been off by pounds (yes, plural). Since these were LEGO items, I went to Brickset to check the weights, and unless I accidentally dropped rocks into the boxes, there was no way these weighed as reported. I filed detailed claims for both, got an email from USPS saying they'd look into it, and then never heard back (this was months ago). Charges stayed. Someone at USPS was leaning against the scale that day, I think. 

38 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

I randomly saw on Paypal that I had been charged $16 worth of extra shipping across two packages sent out through Ebay on the same day. I visited the USPS website and was able to find out that I had apparently misweighed the items and been off by pounds (yes, plural). Since these were LEGO items, I went to Brickset to check the weights, and unless I accidentally dropped rocks into the boxes, there was no way these weighed as reported. I filed detailed claims for both, got an email from USPS saying they'd look into it, and then never heard back (this was months ago). Charges stayed. Someone at USPS was leaning against the scale that day, I think. 

It has happened to me twice. Same as you...never heard back from USPS. 

It has happened to me twice. Same as you...never heard back from USPS. 

You won’t. USPS contacts the company you bought postage from and deals with them. It’s all kinds of stupid. The company/service then is supposed to contact you. E.G. if you bought postage through PayPal it would be PayPal who contacts you after receiving a decision from USPS.

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

You won’t. USPS contacts the company you bought postage from and deals with them. It’s all kinds of stupid. The company/service then is supposed to contact you. E.G. if you bought postage through PayPal it would be PayPal who contacts you after receiving a decision from USPS.

Case in point: Paypal sent me a notice a few months ago that I had to pay extra (USPS had charged me Priority for something that was sent FC). I _had_ to pay before I could challenge it (all via PayPal). I did, challenged via Paypal showing it was a FC label, and 3-4 days later I got my money back.

36 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Case in point: Paypal sent me a notice a few months ago that I had to pay extra (USPS had charged me Priority for something that was sent FC). I _had_ to pay before I could challenge it (all via PayPal). I did, challenged via Paypal showing it was a FC label, and 3-4 days later I got my money back.

Unfortunately, I didn't have definitive proof like that, so I figured it was a losing battle.