Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

On 7/26/2020 at 6:54 AM, KvHulk said:

MLB's new 'Extra Inning" rule that automatically places a runner at second base with no one out every half inning.

It's stupid in every possible way.

Wouldn't the game go faster if they placed runners at every base every 1/2 inning?

As an alternative: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dbrouge said:

You can always count on LEGO Shop at Home to be crappy on launch day 😞

Ugh it was so frustrating.. I kept getting the same error and then it would not process my card.  I *think* I got an NES and a piano but they both went to backorder so fast.

So Bezos sells $3 Billion in stock today and I get this on my Amazon card:

August 04, 2020 

AMAZON PRIME CONS SEATTLE WA
Prime Membership Fee
SHIPPING AND TAX

it doesn’t show in my order history and I already payed the new higher yearly prime membership fee. So I do online chat and they say it is from another account using my card. Not sure about that but they refunded me.

22 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Had to pay an extra $8.53 on a 21 x 16 x 6 set because USPS said it measured 21 x 16 x 6.

How do I appeal this madness?

67d9c1805fa8806ee6931e8224fc2d67.jpg

I got one for a 1oz First Class Mail that I needed to pay $5 extra for because USPS claimed it was the wrong rate and should have been Priority Mail. This came through Paypal - I think I went to USPS.com (but could have been through Paypal as well, not sure) and filed a claim using the Adjustment ID from the notice (an email got sent to [email protected]). Got a call back several days later, provided more details, and got my money back (had to pay via Paypal because they blocked my ability to print more labels).

• Like 1

I somehow made a newbie mistake. Local sale through Facebook. Buyer asked if I accepted Venmo. I said I don't have Venmo but have PayPal and also take cash. She sent me the payment after she pulled up to the house and messaged me "Payment sent" and had her husband come to my porch to pick up the set. I saw the preview of the PayPal email that said $XX received and figured I was good. Opened up the email after she left and noticed she used a credit card so I got charged $2. Lesson learned. Thankfully it didn't cost me much.

27 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I somehow made a newbie mistake. Local sale through Facebook. Buyer asked if I accepted Venmo. I said I don't have Venmo but have PayPal and also take cash. She sent me the payment after she pulled up to the house and messaged me "Payment sent" and had her husband come to my porch to pick up the set. I saw the preview of the PayPal email that said $XX received and figured I was good. Opened up the email after she left and noticed she used a credit card so I got charged $2. Lesson learned. Thankfully it didn't cost me much.

If I was you, I wouldn't take PayPal either. They can leave With your item and say the item wasn't delivered and get their money back. You have no way to prove they picked it up. 

1 hour ago, Brystheguy said:

If I was you, I wouldn't take PayPal either. They can leave With your item and say the item wasn't delivered and get their money back. You have no way to prove they picked it up. 

the non-newb move would be to require Paypal friends & Family (it's a face to face transaction = no risk); then there's no buyer protection

43 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the non-newb move would be to require Paypal friends & Family (it's a face to face transaction = no risk); then there's no buyer protection

This my friend is not correct. A buyer can claim his account has been hacked and then the money is gone.

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

if I was you, I'd say the biggest newbie mistake is meeting at your house.  That can cause you a lot more than $2.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Unless when they pick it up you produce a bill-of-sale from ebay and have both you and them sign and date it as picked up.  Then take a selfie with them, the product, and the bill-of-sale.  Even those steps would make someone think twice before trying to mess with you.

Every time I sold a bike or car I wrote out a bill of sale, one for them and one for me.  It would state the product, VIN, and other info identifying what I was selling or in at least one case, buying.  Kind of old-style selling before all this new-fangled electronic gizmos.  lol

9 hours ago, joch29 said:

if I was you, I'd say the biggest newbie mistake is meeting at your house.  That can cause you a lot more than $2.

I understand. I meet most of my buyers at a Round Table near me...especially for more expensive sets. I was lazy and it was a small $50 set. 

I miss using maps or memory for road trips. Half the fun was getting lost and seeing what happens. So many good times. 

Story time....

When I was a kid, I would pour over Thomas Bros maps when on long car trips. I’d follow roads all over the map, from page to page. Study neighborhoods, how things were laid out. Where construction was planned.

I point to that as a primary reason I ended up getting a degree in Geography, and being a cartographer as my first career.
  • Like 9

52 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Story time....

When I was a kid, I would pour over Thomas Bros maps when on long car trips. I’d follow roads all over the map, from page to page. Study neighborhoods, how things were laid out. Where construction was planned.

Wow.  And I thought I did fun things as a kid.  😜

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stackables said:

I am having an interesting usps situation. Scheduled a pickup for an item today.  Item got picked up.  Checked the tracking number to see if it was in the system and it showed out for delivery to my address.  Explain that one?  Do I just wait and assume this gets fixed?

was this using usps.com?  years ago, I was rushing through and I think amazon shipping was  unavailable.  I accidentally input the wrong to/from addresses.  You may want to double check it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stackables said:

I am having an interesting usps situation. Scheduled a pickup for an item today.  Item got picked up.  Checked the tracking number to see if it was in the system and it showed out for delivery to my address.  Explain that one?  Do I just wait and assume this gets fixed?

I’ve had this happen a few times recently. It should fix itself once it gets its next scan. 

• Like 2

I've had this happen in the past where UPS was supposed to come for a pickup for a return item, bringing a prepaid label. When they drop the label off they scan the label as delivered to your home/pickup address. Once the item gets moving in the right direction again it normally resolves itself...

• Like 1