Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Complaint thread?  Hmm.  Sell LEGO 70146 on Ebay for $175 shipped.  Goes to a guy at a college in Tampa, FL.  Gets it, send photos that the box is missing all bags but only has some loose pieces and trash.  I always do a weight match between box, correct data, and shipping weight and wrap sets and boxes in plastic, then tape, ,so that if anyone tampered with anything it would be very obvious.  Wants a full refund.  Of course I am going to lose this, despite having purchased this from LEGO directly years ago.  'Love' thievery, makes me absolutely sick.
What's the guys user name so everyone can put him on blocked buyers list?

When your Bricks & Pieces order finally arrives after 3 weeks and you cannot for the life of you remember what project you ordered all those DBG 1xN tiles for ....

It's possible I intended to order plates instead of tiles ..... oh the joys of middle age ....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Lee Fierro, an actor best known for playing Mrs. Kintner in “Jaws,” has died of complications from coronavirus, according to The Martha’s Vineyard Times. She was 91.

"Now fellas. This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half ass autopsy on a fish. And I'm not going to stand here, and see that thing cut open and see that little Kitner boy spill out all over the dock!" --- The Mayor, Jaws

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Oh my god, I'm flying through stock so quickly I may run out of shipping supplies. Not really a complaint, but also sort of given then amount of trouble it might be to get resupplied right now. 

I've been ordering some supplies and they seem to be shipping on-time from EBay vendors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sewer backed up into the basement tonight, 4-6" and really all across Chicagoland after 4" of rain. Lost a few sets on the lowest shelves, but because I keep them all in moving boxes, I had time to save most of them before the water got through the boxes. My wife helped me debox the few soaked sets, luckily they were bigger sets with the manuals also wrapped in plastic. Not the end of the world because we were mostly prepared for this eventuality, but I'll definitely be looking into getting a sewer check-valve installed.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Sewer backed up into the basement tonight, 4-6" and really all across Chicagoland after 4" of rain. Lost a few sets on the lowest shelves, but because I keep them all in moving boxes, I had time to save most of them before the water got through the boxes. My wife helped me debox the few soaked sets, luckily they were bigger sets with the manuals also wrapped in plastic. Not the end of the world because we were mostly prepared for this eventuality, but I'll definitely be looking into getting a sewer check-valve installed.

Ah, man.  I'm sorry to hear that.  That definitely sucks.  Good luck to a speedy repair, and hopefully little lost value.

42 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Sorry to hear.  That is tough.

Per my own experience, I recommend these to make clean up easier:
1. Submersible pump (I use Wayne Waterbug)
2. Dry / wet vacuum 
3. High velocity fan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Have you watched the whole show, or just the first season?

Second season was much better than the first.  And some great news just came out about a spinoff from the season 2 cast.

First season was so many hours of my life I could never get back.  The writing was awful and the plot was nonsensical.  Basic logic was never known to this show and the only good thing was the special effects.  I stuck around 1st season out of loyalty to the brand, but honestly I could never watch anything created by this writer room.  I refused to watch season 2 or Picard because there are too many things I'd rather use my time on. :P

I am just glad DS9 is free on Amazon :D

Patiently waiting for season 3 of The Orville  :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Ah, man.  I'm sorry to hear that.  That definitely sucks.  Good luck to a speedy repair, and hopefully little lost value.

Only 10 sets damaged!

2x 60141 police station. 60216 fire brigade 60110 fire station. 70909 batcave. 75219 AT-Hauler. 76108 Sanctum Sanctorum showdown. And three little ones. Somehow most of them were already earmarked for personal use. Only three were in the sales pipeline! Certainly not enough damage to call insurance.

The water went down on it's own after maybe an hour. I did my best to send the dirt back with it. It's all unfinished and luckily a similar thing happened just after we moved in so I knew to keep stuff up off the ground, just not quite high enough for the bottom row of shelving. 

IMG_20200518_091439.jpg

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Have you watched the whole show, or just the first season?

Second season was much better than the first.  And some great news just came out about a spinoff from the season 2 cast.

I finished the binge watching early this AM before I posted here. 2nd season was a bit better trying to fill the plot holes from season 1. Hopefully the  Pike spinoff will be much better. 

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

First season was so many hours of my life I could never get back.  The writing was awful and the plot was nonsensical.  Basic logic was never known to this show and the only good thing was the special effects.  I stuck around 1st season out of loyalty to the brand, but honestly I could never watch anything created by this writer room.  I refused to watch season 2 or Picard because there are too many things I'd rather use my time on. :P

I am just glad DS9 is free on Amazon :D

Patiently waiting for season 3 of The Orville  :thumbsup:

Picard is garbage as well. 

4 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

I finished the binge watching early this AM before I posted here. 2nd season was a bit better trying to fill the plot holes from season 1. Hopefully the  Pike spinoff will be much better. 

Picard is garbage as well. 

I enjoyed Season 2 much more than Season 1, and it definitely left me wanting a Pike show over a Season 3.  It helps that Anson Mount has a pretty cool podcast, and is an interesting guy.  

I loved Picard.  Did it have it's faults?  Sure.  But I thought it was really good.  Just enough fan service, and I enjoyed the new characters (and the episode with returning characters, too).  I have high hopes for the Pike show.  I like Pike, Spock, and Number One, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they round out the cast.

• 4 weeks later...