Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

6 minutes ago, KShine said:

Paypal Chargeback with tracking unavailable (after 120 days) - Anyone have insight on retrieving older tracking info for proof of delivery?

I save all my emails for cases like this. If you haven't deleted the email, you should be able to search for the buyer's name and find the "You created a shipping label with PayPal Shipping" email which will have the tracking number in it.

12 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I save all my emails for cases like this. If you haven't deleted the email, you should be able to search for the buyer's name and find the "You created a shipping label with PayPal Shipping" email which will have the tracking number in it.

I have the tracking # - the problem is that usps doesn't show any info after 120 days. I provided the info to paypal (at which time the tracking detailed info was valid), and right after 120 days, paypal decides the chargeback against me (the tracking went poof, along with my $500).

11 minutes ago, KShine said:

I have the tracking # - the problem is that usps doesn't show any info after 120 days. I provided the info to paypal (at which time the tracking detailed info was valid), and right after 120 days, paypal decides the chargeback against me (the tracking went poof, along with my $500).

Without purchasing extended tracking at $2.10 to get it to the 6 month mark... I'm not sure. Not sure if you could call retroactively to get that tracking information placed back into the system, or if it's something you always have to buy in advance.

As long as the tracking number was purchased via PayPal, PayPal should have some sort of record showing that the tracking number at one point showed as delivered. If you just have to wait 120 days and autowin a  case... sellers would have no recourse.

7 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

As long as the tracking number was purchased via PayPal, PayPal should have some sort of record showing that the tracking number at one point showed as delivered. If you just have to wait 120 days and autowin a  case... sellers would have no recourse.

Of course they have the info available (everyone is certainly quick to ding you for failing to deliver as promised), but they claim that they need to have the online proof (their own knowledge of the facts is somehow not proof). Even if they speak with USPS, and have them confirm delivery - it is not considered proof enough.

The only qualifying proof is (coincidentally) the one thing that they know that you can't have.

So after paypal said that they would require proof from USPS (which I could certainly try to obtain), I finally got in touch with USPS who insist that after 120 days all tracking info is deleted (and nothing can bring it back).

So yes, we are all pretty much helpless, just waiting around, to inevitably get screwed by the system.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Of course they have the info available (everyone is certainly quick to ding you for failing to deliver as promised), but they claim that they need to have the online proof (their own knowledge of the facts is somehow not proof). Even if they speak with USPS, and have them confirm delivery - it is not considered proof enough.

The only qualifying proof is (coincidentally) the one thing that they know that you can't have.

Sorry about your situation.  This is crazy

I went back and check all of my high value transactions from the past 6 months and they were all shipped via Fedex.  Here is the kicker, it turns out Fedex keep tracking history for at least 6 months.  I have not paid attention to this, so others feel free to double check me on this.

So Fedex is the way to go for me for high $ items from now on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just checked on my ebay and it seems like you can only archive old orders for last 3 months, after 90 days the listing disappears from ebay and completed listings.

I personally never follow up on tracking numbers unless buyers message saying no delivery etc, but I think going forward I'm going to add the tracking number of the parcel to my lego spreadsheet, plus take a screenshot of tracking page once delivered.

Seems like a ball ache, but I guess we all just need to evolve and learn to adapt in the "new" world and try protect yourself as much as you can.

Most shipping companies only store information for the minimum amount of time needed to comply for the law. As soon as that time is expired, all transaction information is deleted asap, or else they would be buying hard-drives every single day :D

I had one of those happen few years ago,  expensive set sent UPS.  Was up when they opened it and then gone it took so long to process (went after the 6 months UPS had up).   In that case they did cover it and said in future to print a second UPS label and just save it.   Said a copy of an actual shipping label will do in those situations which you usually wouldn't have either.

Might of changed since then but what happened on mine.  

Also good if you use a listing software at time that stores all the old stuff.  The trackings still won't be there but you do get some more information like ship date,  tracking,  postage paid usually and sometimes delivered on certain ones.

Lot of loopholes out there right now they are being abused. 

• Like 3

The thing is that the info must still exist somewhere - In our current times, It seems impossible to even consider that it doesn't.

But they make rules requiring information that the workers who could provide/confirm that information have no access to it.

I don't have any doubt that the people I spoke with spent time/effort trying to figure something out - but they only see what they can, and that's all.

Regarding USPS, you can spend more for premium tracking (which allows an extended tracking time), as does requiring a signature. It might be worth considering it for some more expensive items.

Open letter to the person who received my Zavvi shipment from DHL on 7/29:

Note that while you did receive some "free" LEGO sets, it has caused me many headaches. As a reseller (there were 6 Zavvi boxes delivered to you that day) you should know that Zavvi customer service sucks. It has been almost 3 weeks and I still don't have a resolution from Zavvi. We both know that DHL sucks too, but when the driver came to your house to retrieve the item that was not addressed to you, you really did have the moral obligation to give it to them. I realize the law states that you can keep the items, but that doesn't make it "right". Karma is a real thing. I hope you find that out very soon.

Regards,

bbr

Edited by bbr
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:06 PM, KShine said:

The thing is that the info must still exist somewhere - In our current times, It seems impossible to even consider that it doesn't.

But they make rules requiring information that the workers who could provide/confirm that information have no access to it.

I don't have any doubt that the people I spoke with spent time/effort trying to figure something out - but they only see what they can, and that's all.

Regarding USPS, you can spend more for premium tracking (which allows an extended tracking time), as does requiring a signature. It might be worth considering it for some more expensive items.

Not sure if PayPal would accept a USPS email regarding delivery as proof... but you can request an email be sent when the tracking number shows as delivered. Breezing through my shipping labels this morning and taking snapshots of the "delivered" status of the high value items.

image.thumb.png.381f17d5b00324e0cb93becee77a5b5d.png

Another random USPS musing. I had a priorty mail package take 2 weeks to make it to the state next to mine. I had another package take 4 days to make it from the east coast all the way to Alaska.

Edited by brickvoyeur

21 hours ago, bbr said:

Open letter to the person who received my Zavvi shipment from DHL on 7/29:

Note that while you did receive some "free" LEGO sets, it has caused me many headaches. As a reseller (there were 6 Zavvi boxes delivered to you that day) you should know that Zavvi customer service sucks. It has been almost 3 weeks and I still don't have a resolution from Zavvi. We both know that DHL sucks too, but when the driver came to your house to retrieve the item that was not addressed to you, you really did have the moral obligation to give it to them. I realize the law states that you can keep the items, but that doesn't make it "right". Karma is a real thing. I hope you find that out very soon.

Regards,

bbr

did the tracking show what address it got wrong delivered to?

12 hours ago, Voltron said:

did the tracking show what address it got wrong delivered to?

No, the tracking says it was delivered to me and has a picture of the delivery. I can see their garage door but there's not enough other info to identify them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who is going through cancer treatments. She’s made it about 4 years, and she’s in her early 40s and it started with colon cancer.

Unfortunately she’s on hospice now. As rare as it is for someone at this age (late 30s/early 40s) to get colon cancer, it’s still deadly.

• Sad 2