Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

27 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Went against my better judgment and watched (read) Parasite. Unless something was lost in translation or the culture is just beyond me? I don't get it.

The dialog... corny. The words coming out of their mouths... "So metaphorical"... People don't speak the way they do. Not on my planet.

Acting... Sure. There was acting. Not sure if it was any good, I was busy reading. What i can say is human beings don't behave the way almost anyone in this movie does.

Story? Plot? Whatever. As simple as they come. Not much to it. Rich vs poor. blah blah.

I thought it was great and a good twisted story.  It was corny, sometimes on purpose. If you've seen "Snowpiercer", some of the dialogue is delivered similarly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, KShine said:

Water heater just busted - Oh no!!!! Yes - some LEGO effect :(

On a side note - I have turned off the water to the water heater - Cold water runs out of the faucets, but cold water doesn't run at all from the showers - Can someone explain?

It might have something to do with the price guide and Brickfolio.  I'm not sure if someone has asked in a while if it will ever come back up.  Better ask

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

It might have something to do with the price guide and Brickfolio.  I'm not sure if someone has asked in a while if it will ever come back up.  Better ask

I was storing the little plumbing knowledge I had, in my brickfolio.

Water heater just busted - Oh no!!!! Yes - some LEGO effect
On a side note - I have turned off the water to the water heater - Cold water runs out of the faucets, but cold water doesn't run at all from the showers - Can someone explain?

From the hot tap? If the tank still holds water and is pressurized it will produce water until emptied. Gas or electric tank? You may see if your breaker was tripped before taking more advanced steps.

1 minute ago, Mark Twain said:

From the hot tap? If the tank still holds water and is pressurized it will produce water until emptied. Gas or electric tank? You may see if your breaker was tripped before taking more advanced steps.

Yes, the hot water - I turned the lever valve above the water heater - it stopped the water from continuing into the tank and the water on the ground is drying up a bit (so it is off).

The water faucets around the house still run cold water (of course, no hot), but the showers don't - shouldn't they also run the cold water.

Yes, the hot water - I turned the lever valve above the water heater - it stopped the water from continuing into the tank and the water on the ground is drying up a bit (so it is off).
The water faucets around the house still run cold water (of course, no hot), but the showers don't - shouldn't they also run the cold water.

Are they single valve— one handle? The only thing I can think of is some shower valves within faucets have a built in anti scald feature.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

It’s possible you have pressure balanced mixing valves and they are seeing all the pressure on the cold side. This would be similar to an anti-scald feature. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure-balanced_valve

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

It’s possible you have pressure balanced mixing valves and they are seeing all the pressure on the cold side. This would be similar to an anti-scald feature. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure-balanced_valve

So it could be a built in safety measure in case the cold water failed, you wouldn't get scalded by the pure hot water?

In this case, the hot failed, but I suppose the safety set-up doesn't know the difference - yes?

Like I mentioned, the sink faucets are still running.

3 minutes ago, KShine said:

So it could be a built in safety measure in case the cold water failed, you wouldn't get scalded by the pure hot water?

In this case, the hot failed, but I suppose the safety set-up doesn't know the difference - yes?

Like I mentioned, the sink faucets are still running.

Yes. It’s just supposed to limit temperature fluctuations when other fixtures are running. I suppose it could be something else, but this seems the most likely culprit. 

On 3/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I have been watching A LOT of Street Fighters V videos on Youtube.  I never even play it or own the game for that matter :P

I am becoming one of those lazy millennials :drag:

I must confess, I have watched a number of "let's play"s over the past few years. The videos are something I can watch between spots waiting for whatever at the time to run its course and chances were I was never going to play the console or the game long enough to justify buying either. A somewhat recent example would be Death Stranding which in all fairness was a very long film where the game got in the way of the story.

Moving along, a guilty pleasure of mine along the lines of your Street Fighter V binge would be classic Doom playthroughs specifically Decino with his 100% (all kills & secrets) completion runs usually on max difficulty pistol starting each map with no saves used. Presently he is going through Sunlust, the notoriously challenging megawad.

• Like 1

Complaint thread?  Hmm.  Sell LEGO 70146 on Ebay for $175 shipped.  Goes to a guy at a college in Tampa, FL.  Gets it, send photos that the box is missing all bags but only has some loose pieces and trash.  I always do a weight match between box, correct data, and shipping weight and wrap sets and boxes in plastic, then tape, ,so that if anyone tampered with anything it would be very obvious.  Wants a full refund.  Of course I am going to lose this, despite having purchased this from LEGO directly years ago.  'Love' thievery, makes me absolutely sick.