Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

12 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

I think someone from UPS is stealing stuff I order from Amazon. It's the 3rd time in a week my package arrives at the carrier facility then goes "Out for delivery" only to be lost and Amazon offers me a refund. Very annoying.

So there's no delivery scan?

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a complaint but Fed Ex just dropped off a package from Walmart with a box of Gluten Free Chocolate Chex Mix in it.. Addressed to me from Indiana. I never ordered it or anything from Walmart. Checked my account and there's no record of an order. Weird. At least it could of been non gluten free. Jeez.

2 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Not really a complaint but Fed Ex just dropped off a package from Walmart with a box of Gluten Free Chocolate Chex Mix in it.. Addressed to me from Indiana. I never ordered it or anything from Walmart. Checked my account and there's no record of an order. Weird. At least it could of been non gluten free. Jeez.

Unclaimed gifts ftw. My best was a dyson vacuum. More recently it was some smoked salmon. Thanks to whoever! (Yes, addressed correctly to me, no idea who sent).

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, MarleyMoose said:

Cereal laundering?

On 6/27/2020 at 6:30 PM, minicoopers11 said:

Unclaimed gifts ftw. My best was a dyson vacuum. More recently it was some smoked salmon. Thanks to whoever! (Yes, addressed correctly to me, no idea who sent).

I went through a period of receiving "gifts" (including a dyson) - I was getting multiples a day for a brief period. I even tried to contact CS reps, who didn't seem to care.

• Thanks 1

When you place five different Bricklink orders to complete an incomplete set to resell and you miss one piece. Yes, one piece. Damn you dark brown 1 x 4 tile! 

Measure twice and cut once. Or in the case of Bricklink, check twice and then check again before placing order.

• Like 2

When you place five different Bricklink orders to complete an incomplete set to resell and you miss one piece. Yes, one piece. Damn you dark brown 1 x 4 tile! 
Measure twice and cut once. Or in the case of Bricklink, check twice and then check again before placing order.

That is the worst. Or, when you get the order right, and the seller tells you afterward they are short one part. Or, when you receive the order, they missed one part.
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That is the worst. Or, when you get the order right, and the seller tells you afterward they are short one part. Or, when you receive the order, they missed one part.

Or they send you the correct part in the wrong color. That happened for one of my five orders too. Ugh.

A parts order from BL of around 50 bucks without tracking number is nowhere to be seen because wife and kids wanted to temporarily move to grandmother's house. I'm hoping it will return to the seller in France so I can at least can get the parts again..

37 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

MLB's new 'Extra Inning" rule that automatically places a runner at second base with no one out every half inning.

It's stupid in every possible way.

As a baseball traditionalist, I agree. It seems like a minor league gimmick (it is). But.......I could see why it was done this year. To me, it's much better than one of the original thoughts to have the possibility of a tie.

Yeah that’s been tried in the minors the last couple of years.

If they’re going to try weird and different stuff, this is the season to do it.

Oh, and if managers would stop bringing in a new pitcher for every batter, then we wouldn’t run out of pitchers in the 11th inning and have to worry about a tie or bringing non-pitchers in.

4 hours ago, KvHulk said:

MLB's new 'Extra Inning" rule that automatically places a runner at second base with no one out every half inning.

It's stupid in every possible way.

I'm used to the rule because my boys play and there are tournaments that use it so individual games do not impact the schedule.  But as a baseball enthusiast, I do not like the rule in professional sports.  Baseball is a lot about drama and strategy that is not immediately apparent to the casual observer.  I always like coming home late at night and finding the Dodgers or Angels in late innings and going to sleep with it on.  I'm not sure what research they do to make decisions like this, but if people don't have the time to watch a whole game it doesn't mean they don't watch at all.  I consider myself a true fan, but unless its the playoffs, I don't sit down and watch whole games anyway -- and making the games shorter wouldn't alter my behavior either.

I watched the first implementation of the rules with Angels vs A's.  I don't like the gameplay of it, but I can see how it might get people to stay tuned for the end since it happens quick!

I think it has been implemented because of the unknowns with roster composition due to Covid. It's possible that two hours before game time, a bullpen/roster can be wiped out with Covid. 

I don't think this will be a permanent rule, unlike the National League DH. I think that's here to stay. 

On 7/26/2020 at 11:42 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Oh, and if managers would stop bringing in a new pitcher for every batter, then we wouldn’t run out of pitchers in the 11th inning and have to worry about a tie or bringing non-pitchers in.

I think new pitchers must face at least 3 batters now. I could be wrong though. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to MLB or NBA of late. Just give me back my Boston Bruins who were on a roll before all this mess. I'll cry if we do not have the NFL..