Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 minute ago, oneknightr said:

Venmo can be reversed too? I'm a newbie to Venmo so I didn't know that.

I require cash for all big ticket items. Too much risk for PayPal, etc.

yeah...I read the fine print and any transaction can be reversed upon review...I think basically anyone can claim their CC/account got stolen...VISA is pretty much the most powerful force on the planet

I think a way to address it would be some sort of proof of purchase like a picture of the buyer holding the product.  Probably still near impossible to win the appeal (effort wise)...but will likely discourage the buyer from lying...ofcourse will also risk turning off some buyers as well.

13 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I was under the assumption that Paypal Friends and Family offered zero protection for the buyer. If it was Goods and Services, that would be a different thing. Maybe I'm mistaken.

You are correct.  However, if you take Goods and Services the buyer can just claim they never received the product and, with no proof of delivery, they will win and get their money back. With Friends and Family, that option is not available to them. Goods and Services protects the buyer whereas Friends and Family protects the seller.  This is why I always prefer cash for LEGO sales.

3 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

You are correct.  However, if you take Goods and Services the buyer can just claim they never received the product and, with no proof of delivery, they will win and get their money back. With Friends and Family, that option is not available to them. Goods and Services protects the buyer whereas Friends and Family protects the seller.  This is why I always prefer cash for LEGO sales.

Ok. I've been specific about F&F and had that in my original post. I just got spooked out by people saying there was a possibility of a chargeback for that. I would never do Goods and Services for a FB/Craigslist meetup.

Cash is great, assuming it's real (better bring a marker), and you meet at a place you don't get robbed the minute they hand over the cash.

6 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I think whether paypal FF can be reversed depends if it's funded by bank or CC.  CC likely allows for reversal

this topic has been discussed before...after reviewing I came to the conclusion...cash is king and foolproof...all others there's some risk. 

2 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Ok. I've been specific about F&F and had that in my original post. I just got spooked out by people saying there was a possibility of a chargeback for that. I would never do Goods and Services for a FB/Craigslist meetup.

Cash is great, assuming it's real (better bring a marker), and you meet at a place you don't get robbed the minute they hand over the cash.

I ALWAYS get a personal cell phone number to text up to the meet.  I get that it can be a google number or some other in-between...but would someone risk a counterfeit charge? that's a big deal and WILL get investigated by popo

51 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

but would someone risk a counterfeit charge? that's a big deal and WILL get investigated by popo

I think you may be overestimating the relative intelligence or care your average small time criminal has in regards to the chance of getting caught or anything happening if they are.

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Cold weather + dry skin = cracked skin = tortured by 1000 papercuts

I feel you. I just lotioned up a minute ago after looking at my Dickens.

Seriously though, my hands are so dry from this cold weather. It doesn't help my eczema. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 1

Cold weather + dry skin = cracked skin = tortured by 1000 papercuts

Seriously though, my hands are so dry from this cold weather. It doesn't help my eczema. 

I feel your pains. Same here. Combine that with the under 10% humidity we are experiencing, and Santa Ana Winds that are putting us into Red Flag / High Fire Danger causing allergies to be through the roof (it’s an allergy cough not covid!) and we’re miserable here right now.

30 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I learned this year to superglue my cracked knuckles and papercuts and it's been so much better. It really worked wonders on the fingertip slice I gave myself trying to open a toy for my kid. 

NUskin might be the better alternative than THE krackle..basically rubber cement as a bandage...works awesome for any small cuts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

NUskin might be the better alternative than THE krackle..basically rubber cement as a bandage...works awesome for any small cuts. 

Mr moneybags over here with his bothering to buy the appropriate products. 😀 Grafting a bit of paper towel onto you knuckles with super glue like bits of armor not good enough for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

My hands were messed up because of eczema. I tried lotion and aquafor and while they help, they don't heal my skin. Per my wife suggestion, I have been applying squalane oil on my skin 1-2 times a day for the past few months, and bit by bit the dry patches went away and no more itchy skin. Sure the eczema came back when it got dry again or when I forget to apply the oil for days at a time, but as long as I use the oil it keeps it away and my skin have been restored to its more youthful version. I also put on hydrocortisone or triamcinolone acetonide on an as needed basis. The squalane oil I use is made by Biossance and it's made from sugar cane, not from poached whales.

• Thanks 1

Another basement flood, this one clean hot water at least. Turns out one of the new water hammer arresting supply lines I got for my washer this summer weren't crimped here at the little arrestor and my wife only noticed when she tried to take a shower and the water wasn't very warm. Lost four sets that were too close to the laundry area. Three winter fire stations and a gingerbread house, at least two of them were for personal build.

16072217760852314774631949983995.jpg

• Sad 7

17 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Another basement flood, this one clean hot water at least. Turns out one of the new water hammer arresting supply lines I got for my washer this summer weren't crimped here at the little arrestor and my wife only noticed when she tried to take a shower and the water wasn't very warm. Lost four sets that were too close to the laundry area. Three winter fire stations and a gingerbread house, at least two of them were for personal build.

16072217760852314774631949983995.jpg

Sorry man, that stinks

Mario Lopez cast as Colonel Sanders . . . in a Lifetime movie . . . called A Recipe for Seduction. Honestly, I'm posting this here to complain that we didn't have this cultural gem of finger-licking goodness before. The trailer alone is filled with extra-crispy intrigue. 

I didn’t think it was real until I clicked your leg.

You owe it to yourself to click the link.

54 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

When you realize that your stacked playoff fantasy football roster this week is the same as your opponents roster playing you in your other league.

Well, mostly the same.

Congrats on making the playoffs! I'm 1-12 in one league, and 3-10 in the other, so yeah. I blame 2020...and bad team management.