Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

On 12/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, keymomachine said:

Another basement flood, this one clean hot water at least. Turns out one of the new water hammer arresting supply lines I got for my washer this summer weren't crimped here at the little arrestor and my wife only noticed when she tried to take a shower and the water wasn't very warm. Lost four sets that were too close to the laundry area. Three winter fire stations and a gingerbread house, at least two of them were for personal build.

16072217760852314774631949983995.jpg

Do those things actually work?

I use an iPhone and noticed that Tapatalk automatically loads audio ads when I open the app. It plays even when my phone is on silent mode. The only way to mute it is to turn the volume all the way down.

Is there a way to disable these ads or have all audio on Tapatalk muted? I already disabled all videos from loading automatically in settings but doesn’t seem to do anything with the audio.

17 hours ago, damnsanders said:

Do those things actually work?

Well, I accidentally reinstalled the not broken one (to finish laundry) backwards and the water hammer was noticeably louder. Why can't LG just use slower closing solenoids? I reinstalled it the right direction and it does work pretty well. Ultimately I'm going to replace the Mini-resters that have worn out after six years of use.

This is awful. I just found out that the post office employee who worked the counter most days at my PO died of Covid. He wasn’t there last week and I guess now I know why. He was sweet, funny, and kind. He’d ask about my day instead of doing the typical script and let me skip lines to drop off stuff at the counter. He’d run down tracking #s for lost packages. He was a decent guy and I didn’t even know his last name or that he had a family or that he was a pastor. He was just “that guy named Chris” who’d I talk to and see each time I dropped something off at the PO who was nice and patient and now he’s gone.

• Sad 14

This is awful. I just found out that the post office employee who worked the counter most days at my PO died of Covid. He wasn’t there last week and I guess now I know why. He was sweet, funny, and kind. He’d ask about my day instead of doing the typical script and let me skip lines to drop off stuff at the counter. He’d run down tracking #s for lost packages. He was a decent guy and I didn’t even know his last name or that he had a family or that he was a pastor. He was just “that guy named Chris” who’d I talk to and see each time I dropped something off at the PO who was nice and patient and now he’s gone.

Oh wow. I know what you mean. The same three folks work the front desk at my post office (which only has room for 3 people to stand in line with social distancing). All three are really pleasant. There’s one that also interacts with my 12 year old daughter when she does the drop off for me and then asks me about her when I do drop offs. I’d be pretty punched too.
  • Like 2

ebay holding funds from being available, whenever someone mentions that their package (which is still in transit) hasn't arrived is annoying.

Also, when a buyer requests that you cancel an order, they deduct that amount from your available funds, while you still need to wait for the original payment to be processed.

• Sad 1

I just found this thread.  I'm not sure if it is just a place to vent but I am intending to anyways.  i got a lot on my chest and mind.

#1 basement leaked through the foundation of our new house.  nothing got wet other than packing boxes but its going to cost about $13k to fix long term.  I had two companies provide estimates.  They did not provide "apples to apples" solutions so now i am asking vendor #1 for the cost of some of there options that were not price out.  Look companies, I am hiring you to do the work, don't ask me to find an electrician to run a dedicated line for the additional sump pump.  Either tell me that an extension cord form pump #1s dedicated circuit is fine or build it into your proposal and sub it out.  Now I have to find an electrician, get a permit, etc.???

#2 Wife lost her wedding band set and first anniversary earrings while traveling in SEP.  We recognized the loss, notified our insurance but asked to not start a claim until we searched thoroughly as we are getting ready to move and had started packing.  Maybe they got packed accidentally.  Several weeks later we decide they are really gone and start the claim.  Insurance rep calls, I answer questions and three weeks later still no update.  If you were not going to call back the next day, why bother ask if I will be available?  You wanted me to change plans so i could be available with the appraisals, receipts, list of gas stations and hotels we had stopped with?  I have a life...

#3 maybe more later but retiring from the US Military during COVID restrictions has been all uptight.  I can't walk into an office and ask about my paperwork, I can't call because they are teleworking and don't have business lines.  I just have to assume on the MON after the holiday weekend that everything will be honky dory and I can show up somewhere and get my paperwork to start wrapping up a lifetime career and only a few working days to get it done.

• Sad 4

52 minutes ago, cardensb said:

I just found this thread.  I'm not sure if it is just a place to vent but I am intending to anyways.  i got a lot on my chest and mind.

#1 basement leaked through the foundation of our new house.  nothing got wet other than packing boxes but its going to cost about $13k to fix long term.  I had two companies provide estimates.  They did not provide "apples to apples" solutions so now i am asking vendor #1 for the cost of some of there options that were not price out.  Look companies, I am hiring you to do the work, don't ask me to find an electrician to run a dedicated line for the additional sump pump.  Either tell me that an extension cord form pump #1s dedicated circuit is fine or build it into your proposal and sub it out.  Now I have to find an electrician, get a permit, etc.???

#2 Wife lost her wedding band set and first anniversary earrings while traveling in SEP.  We recognized the loss, notified our insurance but asked to not start a claim until we searched thoroughly as we are getting ready to move and had started packing.  Maybe they got packed accidentally.  Several weeks later we decide they are really gone and start the claim.  Insurance rep calls, I answer questions and three weeks later still no update.  If you were not going to call back the next day, why bother ask if I will be available?  You wanted me to change plans so i could be available with the appraisals, receipts, list of gas stations and hotels we had stopped with?  I have a life...

#3 maybe more later but retiring from the US Military during COVID restrictions has been all uptight.  I can't walk into an office and ask about my paperwork, I can't call because they are teleworking and don't have business lines.  I just have to assume on the MON after the holiday weekend that everything will be honky dory and I can show up somewhere and get my paperwork to start wrapping up a lifetime career and only a few working days to get it done.

It will get better, :)

• Like 1

I hear you on the military retirement. I was still going in getting paperwork finalized correctly 2 days after my retirement date.

2 hours ago, KShine said:

My Christmas conscience must be getting to me - I just sent an "are you sure" letter to a would be buyer who wants to not only pay a lot (for a small set), but also pay extra for Priority Express shipping.

That was just your common sense.  You are saving yourself from future headache.  USPS is a dud no matter which service you use.

Now, if you told them "are you sure?" on UPS 1 day airmail shipping...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Between the returns (many of which won't even end up being returned), and delayed/lost Item not received - ebay's holding of funds is annoying me.

I mean that's part of the enhanced streamlined process to make your life easier isn't it?? Think that's how it was explained...

On 12/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Watching Jingle Gangles , Mulan live-action ,and Christmas Chronicles over the last couple of week. 

Haven't watched Jingle Jangle yet. Mulan was good if you don't compare it to the original animated movie. I actually liked Christmas Chronicles for the most part.

My complaint is Wonder Woman 1984. What a hot mess! Don't waste your time.