Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

So turns out this ...."show" only ran for one season airing from February 22 of 2020 up to December 5th before getting the axe making this scene age like milk.

I think it aged like wine. I love TTG (who has a ton of its own haters), and I think this is totally making fun of that piece of crap Thundercats reboot.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I think it aged like wine. I love TTG (who has a ton of its own haters), and I think this is totally making fun of that piece of crap Thundercats reboot.

TTG is not openly hostile to the great TT series (which I also like).  Maybe light jab here and there but most of the jokes were on TTG's expense.  I can watch them both and accept they exist on 2 different dimensions (as shown in the latest TTG movie :P )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

For the record, F**K thundercats roar for ####ing all over my favorite childhood cartoon show

Plus the reboot back in 2011 which was actually pretty good but then again that one respected the source material. One particular bit I found to be in poor taste from the scene I posted was Panthro's skeleton in the corner at the end considering the original voice actor, Earle Hyman, had passed in 2017. Everything else could be shrugged off but that seems lacking.

Since it was mentioned, Teen Titans Go! is alright though not quite my cup of tea. I am of the party who thought the preceding Teen Titans show was a good mix of humor, action, and story. Perhaps it is more a subject of Go!'s simpler animation style that puts me off mainly.

Well while here complaining about cartoons, Mega Man: Fully Charged was terrible. Admittedly the cartoon from the 90's wasn't much better between the ridiculous plots and silly dialogue but Fully Charged went into even absurder directions and the characters had as much depth as a shot glass.

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

As I get older, I find myself enjoying movies less and less. Soul; great animation , great concept, bad execution . 

100% Agree. It could be a combination of my interests and focuses are evolving (possibly maturing?), or just the available entertainment is going in a different direction. Less than 5 years ago I would get quite excited for new movies, or video games, sporting events, etc.  I think I have just continually been disappointed for a long time by some of these things (Endgame anyone?), and I would much rather spend my free time playing golf or tennis.

Also, Soul ironically felt like it was missing it's soul. A movie that could have been good, but seemed to be missing something.

• Like 1

Lack of minifigure heads with face mask.  Lego could have sold any minifig they had if the just threw on a head with a mask.  

I’d rather not. I don’t need to be reminded about the face masks. I don’t blame LEGO for not producing them, either. It’s gotten political. And it looks like they’re trying to profit off the pandemic.
  • Like 2

100% Agree. It could be a combination of my interests and focuses are evolving (possibly maturing?), or just the available entertainment is going in a different direction. Less than 5 years ago I would get quite excited for new movies, or video games, sporting events, etc.  I think I have just continually been disappointed for a long time by some of these things (Endgame anyone?), and I would much rather spend my free time playing golf or tennis.
Also, Soul ironically felt like it was missing it's soul. A movie that could have been good, but seemed to be missing something.

Maybe it’s the corporate ways movies are made these days? So many fingers in the pot. Movies have to appeal to international box offices, including some that don’t share the same culture as the US market. Movie makers of tent pole type movies seem to be making things to appeal to the most people, which then makes things pretty bland. In an attempt to appeal to all, they appeal to very few on a deep level.

I’d say our COVID reality had led to this as well. My wife didn’t understand why I was so interested in watching WW84 last week. She had no idea that it was never in theaters. We can’t go to theaters, so event films just don’t have the same gravity. Something like WW84 isn’t as special watching on my TV the same way I watch a 20 year old film.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Donut said:

Lack of minifigure heads with face mask.  Lego could have sold any minifig they had if the just threw on a head with a mask.  

Not including Comicon sets or some GWP sets, LEGO doesn't typically make short run parts.

However, you can buy custom minifigs with facemasks here: https://citizenbrick.com/collections/heads/face-mask

• Like 1

As a reseller, I wish Mercari had the traffic and buyers that Ebay has. It is a much more seller friendly site than Ebay. They do not charge fees on sales tax. If you have the buyer pay for shipping then they do not charge fees on shipping. The buyer has 3 days after receiving an item to make a claim. If no claim is made within those 3 days then that is that, end of discussion.

I recently sold a used 42100 Technic Liebherr on Ebay for $300 buyer pays shipping. The buyer is all the way across country in WA. It costs $48 to ship. WA sales tax is 6.5% for a grand total of $370.62 paid by the buyer. Which after shipping and fees leaves me with $252.19.

If I had sold this same set on Mercari for the same price and buyer paying for shipping then I would have netted $261.30, a full $9 more. Granted this is a extreme example with shipping such a large set across country, but every little bit from each sale adds up over time.

10 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

As a reseller, I wish Mercari had the traffic and buyers that Ebay has. It is a much more seller friendly site than Ebay. They do not charge fees on sales tax. If you have the buyer pay for shipping then they do not charge fees on shipping. The buyer has 3 days after receiving an item to make a claim. If no claim is made within those 3 days then that is that, end of discussion.

I recently sold a used 42100 Technic Liebherr on Ebay for $300 buyer pays shipping. The buyer is all the way across country in WA. It costs $48 to ship. WA sales tax is 6.5% for a grand total of $370.62 paid by the buyer. Which after shipping and fees leaves me with $252.19.

If I had sold this same set on Mercari for the same price and buyer paying for shipping then I would have netted $261.30, a full $9 more. Granted this is a extreme example with shipping such a large set across country, but every little bit from each sale adds up over time.

it is a catch 22 , the more seller friendly a site is , likely buyers are less likely to go there. 

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

it is a catch 22 , the more seller friendly a site is , likely buyers are less likely to go there. 

Prices are also lower there, and buyers expect the ability to negotiate due to offers being enabled on everything. 

I use Mercari for used sets and for quick flipping sealed sets that are sure to come back soon. Can't tell you how many messages I received during the pandemic from people wanting to return sets because they hadn't built them yet and were able to pick one up at retail when it restocked. It doesn't seem that a good percent of buyers on Mercari understand the 3 day rule. 

• Like 1

Off topic for flipping but I just got off an All Hand Conference Call saying another bank is buying our business segment from our bank and that I may be impacted. I've been in the industry for 20+ years, so I've survived several rounds of layoffs through the years. I have a bad feeling about this one and am not looking forward to looking for a new job during COVID. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Sad 17

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Off topic for flipping but I just got off an All Hand Conference Call saying another bank is buying our business segment from our bank and that I may be impacted. I've been in the industry for 20+ years, so I've survived several rounds of layoffs through the years. I have a bad feeling about this one and am not looking forward to looking for a new job during COVID. 

Hoping everything works out for you bud . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

That sucks.  Wishing you the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

sorry to hear this. hope at least you get a good package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Very sorry to hear, hoping for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Actually I’ll take the blame , shouldn’t have mentioned anything from the get go , my apologies to everyone. 

Eh, it's current events.

I personally see myself as neutral of this situation, and really wish people would act with a certain amount of respect towards others, REGARDLESS of political affiliation. I realize it requires a certain amount of EQ, but I'm hopeful calm will persevere eventually.

• Like 2