6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

:thankyou: I mainly use Bricker whenever I wish to quickly find information about specific sets. You can find sets by category alphabetically or the year. You can also see every Lego related item released in a year. My favorite part is how on the side of a set page for example Wolverine's Chopper Showdown there is a list of links to all the main Lego sites from Bricklink, Brickset, Brickipedia, Lugnet, Rebrickable, Brickpicker ;), and the product page found at Lego.com. It's sort of a link to other helpful links. The search bar is helpful as it shows the results with an image of the box for what you are typing as you type.

Awesome. Thank you!!

Everyone on here are always mentioning how they get killer discounts and buy only when they get 30% to 50% off. I can't seem to find deals like that and am wondering if it's worth buying the Sentinel set at full price or a little less than full price. I also don't have the time to go to WalMart every weekend to search for deals. I have a pretty busy schedule and can't get around searching for deals like I would like to. I feel like the only way I'm only going to acquire sets is if I pay close to full price for them.

If you want to build yes go ahead, but for investment why bother? The set just came out no matter how good it is you can buy at retail any time for the next two years or so. If you have time reading the forums (apparently you do) now you'll find deals. There are lots of online deals.

If you want to build yes go ahead, but for investment why bother? The set just came out no matter how good it is you can buy at retail any time for the next two years or so. If you have time reading the forums (apparently you do) now you'll find deals. There are lots of online deals.

Yeah, I've got the time to read the forums, just not the time to be out and about.  I'll keep looking online for sure.  Thank you for your input.

Well, I got rid off my sets before the 76022 came. Maybe I had foresight. New wolverine and magneto minifgs, and storm and cyclops added... Deadpool is still exclusive to the 6866 but people don't to seem to have much interest in this minifig.

However, If you use ebay, don't use "auction", sell it with "the buy it now". I think people searching for this set now, buy it in a heartbeat, they don't want to wait some days the end of the auction.  :)

Excellent advice. I had sold a bunch at auction for $50-55 but listed one last week for $65 Buy it Now and it sold in 3 days. 

• Like 1

No... Germany only.

Shipping fees with tracking are not so expensive through europe union. Like, if the shipping in germany is 7 euros, and the international shipping with tracking is 17 euros, it can be an interesting offer for european buyers if you think your price is good compared to other sellers in other countries, so you may give it a try (payment with paypal and shipping with tracking to be insured).

Excellent advice. I had sold a bunch at auction for $50-55 but listed one last week for $65 Buy it Now and it sold in 3 days. 

i sold my sets within 72 hours. Another advice: for some rare items like this set, if you have several of it, don't put an offer which will show that you have "8 remaining sets..."

People who buy this kind of set want it because it's rare, so if they see you have several, they will not be in a hurry and they will look at... auctions, with better prices.

Sell an item at the time. When it's done, put another one, etc.

Note: ebay has now fees (here, 0.15 euros) for each new "buy it now" offer, but you can have 100 free offers each month if you create and send it through ebay mobile. So you can use your smartphone or tablet to save some fees.

Shipping fees with tracking are not so expensive through europe union. Like, if the shipping in germany is 7 euros, and the international shipping with tracking is 17 euros, it can be an interesting offer for european buyers if you think your price is good compared to other sellers in other countries, so you may give it a try (payment with paypal and shipping with tracking to be insured).

i sold my sets within 72 hours. Another advice: for some rare items like this set, if you have several of it, don't put an offer which will show that you have "8 remaining sets..."

People who buy this kind of set want it because it's rare, so if they see you have several, they will not be in a hurry and they will look at... auctions, with better prices.

Sell an item at the time. When it's done, put another one, etc.

Note: ebay has now fees (here, 0.15 euros) for each new "buy it now" offer, but you can have 100 free offers each month if you create and send it through ebay mobile. So you can use your smartphone or tablet to save some fees.

Thanks for the advice Biniou. I will consider it.

On your second comment... I am old school. I do not own a smart phone. :notme:

Maybe I should get one?

On your second comment... I am old school. I do not own a smart phone. :notme:

Maybe I should get one?

LETHAL_WEAPON_small.jpg

Hello, Ciglione here.

:cheese:

Well it's off topic...

But, to give you a reply, I'm not sure, but if you are thinking about it because of investing, you should look at these links:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/brickpicker/id799747876?mt=8

and

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5132-a-serious-discussion-about-brick-classifieds/

(for iphones)

Maybe someone in your family will be happy to sell an "old" iphone (iphone 4 or 4S) so he can get a newer one.

Iphone 5 seems to work better (optimized with this application) but it will be more expensive.

(I have an old samsung smartphone (android system), so I can't give some real good advice about this, because it doesn't work well with my phone)

• Like 2

LETHAL_WEAPON_small.jpg

Hello, Ciglione here.

:cheese:

Well it's off topic...

But, to give you a reply, I'm not sure, but if you are thinking about it because of investing, you should look at these links:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/brickpicker/id799747876?mt=8

and

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5132-a-serious-discussion-about-brick-classifieds/

(for iphones)

Maybe someone in your family will be happy to sell an "old" iphone (iphone 4 or 4S) so he can get a newer one.

Iphone 5 seems to work better (optimized with this application) but it will be more expensive.

(I have an old samsung smartphone (android system), so I can't give some real good advice about this, because it doesn't work well with my phone)

Thanks Biniou. I think I will have to break my resistance and go buy a smart phone. So I can use Brickpicker everywhere.

Thanks Biniou. I think I will have to break my resistance and go buy a smart phone. So I can use Brickpicker everywhere.

Having a smartphone really helps. You can look stuff up online when you are at the stores and compare prices, use eBay, and do so many more things. Once you get one you won't go back to a normal phone.

Guest TabbyBoy

Don't get too greedy guys, the selling window for 6866 can close at any time. That's how I got stuck with mine and sold at a loss. I've had it with small/medium sets now as they're too much work and hassle with overseas buyers.

Don't get too greedy guys, the selling window for 6866 can close at any time. That's how I got stuck with mine and sold at a loss. I've had it with small/medium sets now as they're too much work and hassle with overseas buyers.

I think it already closed Tabby. Now we have to wait till the new wolverine sets retires.

Deadpool's minifig sellings are very low on ebay. About $5. Yes, it amazes me too.

Those are fakes, authentic Deadpools seem to be selling in the $20's.  This probably drives up the price of the sealed set too, there are probably people who would rather spend the money on the set to ensure that they're getting authentic minifigs.  There are a ton of fakes on ebay.

• Like 3

(about 6866 not selling)

In this case, and only in this case, I hope I am wrong and you are right.

Well... north america buyers are not european buyers... but you may still have some chances by holding your sets for collectors on december (though I don't know for germany but here in france deadpool is not very well known, absolutely nothing to be compared with wolverine or cyclops).

Comics. Do. Not. Exist. Here. (or nearly)

Kids know these guys through video games and movies.

(comics were in shop here 30 years ago, no more now, it's all about mangas...)

Those are fakes, authentic Deadpools seem to be selling in the $20's.  This probably drives up the price of the sealed set too, there are probably people who would rather spend the money on the set to ensure that they're getting authentic minifigs.  There are a ton of fakes on ebay.

Thanks for the clarification. :)