6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

I ordered 10 x 6866 from walmart when they came on line on monday for ~$16.  Two orders of 5 each with ship to store.  I just got emails today that they are on backorder and will be cancelled in 10 days.  Anyone else get this notice?

Jeez. My 8 were shipped to my home. I ordered on the same day as you before noon Est.

How did you get 10? 8 was my max allowed quality.

Only concerns I have are the 2014 summer sets. Supposedly, sets will be released based on the next X-Men movie. While a new Deadpool figure isn't likely, Magneto and Wolverine are a given. The time to sell some of your 6866 stash but might be the early Spring. Then ride the Deadpool figure popularity with your remaining 6866s and hope for the best (e.***. New wolverine is different enough for people to buy the smallish 6866). We gotta hope these minifig refreshes are major and they are not included in smaller $ cost sets.

Wolverine has a lot of different "looks", I certainly hope it will be different. If they bother making different Iron Man figures hopefully they'll do the same with him. I want the orange/brown combo.

I really messed up on this one. This is my current Lego regret. Not stocking up on it was probably a huge mistake.

Me as well, I felt like I had plenty of time left with it then boom all gone. I have benn able to buy 8 at MSRP over the past week luckily.

Technically we don't know its gone, but believe me - you weren't the only one. It was gone EVERYWHERE within one day. Unbelievable. I have WAY less than I wanted.

I wanted 30-40 of them. I have 14 I think, which is not terrible but still could have really made big money on this set assuming its gone.

Exactly. It was carried everywhere, then blammo they up and vanished seemingly overnight. I snagged 10 way back in like Sept when Target had their big discount on the Super Heroes stuff. Knew I didnt buy enough then and waited for a discount to pop up again before I bought more. Luckily, I was up at like 5am on the day Target did their BOGO 30% and thats when I picked up another 20. It wasnt long after I picked up mine, that Target was sold out, so I think a lot of people were waiting for a nice sale on this set before they gorged. 

I just received the last box of these by UPS today so no order cancellation, thank god. I wasnt so lucky with Jabba's Palace, however as 3 of them got cancelled, but at least Target sent me a $25 GC to make up for it. Ahhhhh Target, hands down my favorite enabler. 

Put me into the group that messed up and didn't stock up on these over the last year and a half...I remember thinking what a great set this was the first time I ever saw it.   I really have no excuse for not loading up on them.  I keep checking around to see if I can find one in the wild but they have completely dried up.  All I see these days are an endless sea of the spider man and Iron Man $20 sets...

-Jeff

Put me into the group that messed up and didn't stock up on these over the last year and a half...I remember thinking what a great set this was the first time I ever saw it.   I really have no excuse for not loading up on them.  I keep checking around to see if I can find one in the wild but they have completely dried up.  All I see these days are an endless sea of the spider man and Iron Man $20 sets...

-Jeff

Yeah same thing happened to me on Captain America. I should have bought 200 of them. I had about 10 and then I stumbled upon like 25 for 6$ at Target. I have sold most of them now for around $22 each.

Yeah same thing happened to me on Captain America. I should have bought 200 of them. I had about 10 and then I stumbled upon like 25 for 6$ at Target. I have sold most of them now for around $22 each.

Now thats a score!!! I'm hoping the Wolvies bring those kinda numbers or better!!! DNIIM how do you feel about the Arctic Batman set??? I think it's almost as desirable as the Wolvie chopper because of the super cool Aquaman fig. Also, I think that people shouldnt sleep on the Lex set and the Extremis set. Maybe they re-release Wonder Woman and Aquaman, maybe they dont. I'm betting they dont. I'd bet the farm that War Machine doesnt get re-released in future sets....

Anyone not making money on the Super Heroes line is simply foolish. Sorry, but it is the truth. I read so much about how this set won't match this, this set is too small, not worth it. Licenced sets have their fan bases. Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel, DC, LOTR. The evidence is there. Sets might not rise as much as in the past, but we also have access to bulk buying more than ever. The Super Heroes line in particular is pure bank with money to be made all the way across the board. It just seems many have short attention spans to see it!

• Like 1

Sets might not rise as much as in the past, but we also have access to bulk buying more than ever. The Super Heroes line in particular is pure bank with money to be made all the way across the board.

Well said my friend.  I am and have always been extremely bullish on the Super Heroes sets.  It was sweet music to my ears to hear that there are a bunch of new DC and Marvel sets in 2014.  That means I will still stay busy for at least one more year!  :)

Anyone not making money on the Super Heroes line is simply foolish. Sorry, but it is the truth. I read so much about how this set won't match this, this set is too small, not worth it. Licenced sets have their fan bases. Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel, DC, LOTR. The evidence is there. Sets might not rise as much as in the past, but we also have access to bulk buying more than ever. The Super Heroes line in particular is pure bank with money to be made all the way across the board. It just seems many have short attention spans to see it!

This is simply not true, mainly because you neglect shipping costs for some countries, local demand etc....

Super Heroes are not a strong seller inside EU and shipping to Worldwide costs alot of cash for myself which limits my success or even gets me a loss....  

You know if I want to send Quinjet to US/Australia it costs me 70$ ? Who will pay that... When will I make money? year 2025? Nope I have to choose my investment 10x more wise than you and if I am a fool for that so be it.

Not to even mention my retail is US retail + 25-35% and usual discounts are about 25% which barely makes my entry cost US retail.

Now thats a score!!! I'm hoping the Wolvies bring those kinda numbers or better!!! DNIIM how do you feel about the Arctic Batman set??? I think it's almost as desirable as the Wolvie chopper because of the super cool Aquaman fig. Also, I think that people shouldnt sleep on the Lex set and the Extremis set. Maybe they re-release Wonder Woman and Aquaman, maybe they dont. I'm betting they dont. I'd bet the farm that War Machine doesnt get re-released in future sets....

Wolverine's Chopper Showdown = Pure Gold

Arctic Batman = Pure Gold

Extremis Sea Port Battle = Pure Gold

Superman vs. Power Armor Lex = Pure Gold

Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase = Pure Venomous Gold

Should I continue???  These $20, 3 minifig sets are probably the safest bets out there.  Sure, they won't appreciate the same way a $150 big box set will, but the minifigs alone included in these sets will always appreciate, since there is usually an exclusive or two in each one.

Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Wonder Woman, War Machine, Nick Fury, Venom, Aquaman, Mr. Freeze... and don't forget Nightwing and Man-Bat, coming soon to a retailer near you!.  When you look at it like this, you have to admit, this is a pretty impressive lineup of great exclusive minifigs from these kind of sets.

I like arctic Batman. I will have a lot of them - one thing though. As much as I like the Aquaman Minifigure, he doesn't sell worth crap alone. And really the arctic batman doesn't move as quickly as the other types. So I think its definitely going to do well, but I think the least of the batman stuff right now.

Extremis is pretty good although I don't love the Killian minifigure. But War Machine is money. I have not really taken a big peak at the superman sets yet. I though the movie was crap - but others liked it so it could do well.

This is simply not true, mainly because you neglect shipping costs for some countries, local demand etc....

Super Heroes are not a strong seller inside EU and shipping to Worldwide costs alot of cash for myself which limits my success or even gets me a loss....  

You know if I want to send Quinjet to US/Australia it costs me 70$ ? Who will pay that... When will I make money? year 2025? Nope I have to choose my investment 10x more wise than you and if I am a fool for that so be it.

Not to even mention my retail is US retail + 25-35% and usual discounts are about 25% which barely makes my entry cost US retail.

I would disagree and would have sales to prove it. I consistently send stuff to the EU super Heroes related. And in fact, I also have had no problem selling sets internationally. I sold a Hulk yesterday to someone in Asia for 99$ + 55+ shipping.

Wolverine's Chopper Showdown = Pure Gold

Arctic Batman = Pure Gold

Extremis Sea Port Battle = Pure Gold

Superman vs. Power Armor Lex = Pure Gold

Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase = Pure Venomous Gold

Should I continue???  These $20, 3 minifig sets are probably the safest bets out there.  Sure, they won't appreciate the same way a $150 big box set will, but the minifigs alone included in these sets will always appreciate, since there is usually an exclusive or two in each one.

Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Wonder Woman, War Machine, Nick Fury, Venom, Aquaman, Mr. Freeze... and don't forget Nightwing and Man-Bat, coming soon to a retailer near you!.  When you look at it like this, you have to admit, this is a pretty impressive lineup of great exclusive minifigs from these kind of sets.

Thats another one - the Venom minifigure and Nick Fury dont move at all. I was suprised - I thought they were cool figures. Now the spiderman and cycle fly though.

I'm not going to argue about your market. You know it better but I also know you argue most things. I do not know about your taxes or import fees or whatever.

These sets have been easy to find discounted for a long time. Amazon has had these for ages cheap. Now all of a sudden people are surprised how they have jumped above retail.

There is money to be made and people do not pay attention to the signs and signals out there.