6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

:banghead: Who knew Wolverine was so dang popular?

I thought everyone knew Wolverine's popularity level. Ha. I was a comics fan during the 1980s and early 1990s. He was all over the place. When the first X-Men film was being casted, Hugh Jackman being Wolverine caused an internet revolt.

During my comics era, the most popular Marvel characters were...

Spidey

Wolverine

Punisher

No one else even close.

Next tier were...

Silver Surfer

Hulk

Most X-Men

Venom

Daredevil

Cable

Hobgoblin

Thanos

• Like 1

It is a cool set. I was thinking of picking one up not that long ago. Seeing the new set due out this year changed that. That set will have more, minus Deadpool, so I just bought Deadpool on his own. I'm guessing the ceiling on that set has been hit as more people probably start to figure the same as I did once the new set actually hits shelves.

It will drop a bit when the new one comes. Like currently the 6868 has dropped cause of the lab smash. However, when the new one also retires it will grow to the skies maybe. I have still two and I keep them for a year or 3. Then I will check the value on brickpicker.

That's pretty good. I think now's the time really. Even with some changes to the minifigs for Woleverine and Magneto, I don't think the set will commnd that kind of price after the new one. Do you?

It will drop a bit when the new one comes. Like currently the 6868 has dropped cause of the lab smash. However, when the new one also retires it will grow to the skies maybe. I have still two and I keep them for a year or 3. Then I will check the value on brickpicker.

I also think now is the time. I'm still going to keep a couple.  I held onto a couple Captain America Avenging Cycle sets as well, just because.

Guys, just an fyi before you go and sell off your stock of these. Folks paying the big bucks for this set dont care about wolverine and magneto, they want deadpool.  the only reason this set was worth investing in was because of deadpool alone, and nothing else.  deadpool alone is selling for $30 right now... trust me, I sell several sets a week at $75 and they ONLY care about deadpool.. they ask..

'this is the set with deadpool right?'

so unless Deadpool is in a new set, this set is $200 come 2015, $100 minimum 2014 x-mas. 

Deadpool has a huge cult following and popular culture icon appeal, I mean they sell Deadpool brand clothes at hot topic, and kids think its cool..

honestly Magneto and Wolverine are the last thing driving this price up.

• Like 1

Guys, just an fyi before you go and sell off your stock of these. Folks paying the big bucks for this set dont care about wolverine and magneto, they want deadpool.  the only reason this set was worth investing in was because of deadpool alone, and nothing else.  deadpool alone is selling for $30 right now... trust me, I sell several sets a week at $75 and they ONLY care about deadpool.. they ask..

'this is the set with deadpool right?'

so unless Deadpool is in a new set, this set is $200 come 2015, $100 minimum 2014 x-mas. 

Deadpool has a huge cult following and popular culture icon appeal, I mean they sell Deadpool brand clothes at hot topic, and kids think its cool..

honestly Magneto and Wolverine are the last thing driving this price up.

I agree Deadpool is the main draw, but that's all it will have going for it soon. At least for me, I felt it pointless to buy the whole set when I could just buy Deadpool for $20. Then, go and get the new set when it comes out and have the other two figs plus a couple more for cheaper. My impression is as long as DP is getting parted out and the other set arrives, it's going to impact the older set.

• 2 weeks later...

I had two, it was very easy to sell them. Because of the 3 exclusives minifigs (great minifgs/heroes, not some you don't care of).

Though the incoming of the 76022 (June/July) may drop overall interest (deadpool will still be exclusive to this one though).

I had two, it was very easy to sell them. Because of the 3 exclusives minifigs (great minifgs/heroes, not some you don't care of).

Though the incoming of the 76022 (June/July) may drop overall interest (deadpool will still be exclusive to this one though).

agree with you.

I've sold 2 in march for 75

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought one for retail in a toy store after seeing it in the shopwindow! Hurray! Lesson: always check little laid back stores! Nobody cares about them, but we should :)

Awesome!

You are right. These laid back shops often have retired sets at retail which value is already higher now. Just a shame that these independent little toyshops are getting less and less. All eaten by the big retailers.

Back up to seven of the 6866's. But I guess I am to late? The high season is over? I try to sell one but nobody bites. oh well... the story of my life.

Well, I got rid off my sets before the 76022 came. Maybe I had foresight. New wolverine and magneto minifgs, and storm and cyclops added... Deadpool is still exclusive to the 6866 but people don't to seem to have much interest in this minifig.

However, If you use ebay, don't use "auction", sell it with "the buy it now". I think people searching for this set now, buy it in a heartbeat, they don't want to wait some days the end of the auction.  :)

Well, I got rid off my sets before the 76022 came. Maybe I had foresight. New wolverine and magneto minifgs, and storm and cyclops added... Deadpool is still exclusive to the 6866 but people don't to seem to have much interest in this minifig.

However, If you use ebay, don't use "auction", sell it with "the buy it now". I think people searching for this set now, buy it in a heartbeat, they don't want to wait some days the end of the auction.  :)

Well done.

I use BIN yes. But when it seems to be my turn someone else comes and puts it up for sale just under my price. But when this one is gone hopefully it will be my turn.

I don't know about $100 by Christmas.  Right now I think a couple factors - new set w/ some of the minifigs as well as a general Lego slowdown - are going to keep prices around the $60ish mark.  I have faith that by Nov-Dec it will see a bump.  If you can hold on you'll probably net about $15-20 more per box, unless you really need to free up those funds.

I've got one on ebay ending in 3 hours with one bid at my start price of $40. Still have 9 more that I may or may not hold depending on how things go. But then I got them for $6 each so even $40 is a windfall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281363413786?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

You're the guy undercutting other sellers :)

I think at a $40 start price you'll end up leaving some potential profit on the table.

You're the guy undercutting other sellers :)

I think at a $40 start price you'll end up leaving some potential profit on the table.

Wasn't my intention. I thought the price was already down thanks to the new X-men set. I'll list the next one at $50 then.

I don't know about $100 by Christmas.  Right now I think a couple factors - new set w/ some of the minifigs as well as a general Lego slowdown - are going to keep prices around the $60ish mark.  I have faith that by Nov-Dec it will see a bump.  If you can hold on you'll probably net about $15-20 more per box, unless you really need to free up those funds.

Not in any hurry, it just seemed like I underestimated the affect of the X-Men set